Windows 10: Windows 11 requires a password after resetting to factory setting

Discus and support Windows 11 requires a password after resetting to factory setting in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After installation of the June 2024 update, my Lenovo Thinkpad x1 could not log me in with my face or my pin. It required a password which I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Arash_k, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Arash_k Win User

Windows 11 requires a password after resetting to factory setting

After installation of the June 2024 update, my Lenovo Thinkpad x1 could not log me in with my face or my pin. It required a password which I am not sure what it was. My microsoft password did not work as well. I tried everything and got access to troubleshooting menu. I tried to reinstate back to earlier dates but every time after a few minutes, it said it cannot So I ended up resetting my laptop to factory settings with the option of keeping my files. When done, it still asks me a password and does not let me log in. Please help how I can bypass the need for password.

:)

Arash_k, Jun 16, 2024
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jun 16, 2024
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 16, 2024
  4. stanroy Win User

Reset Acer Travelmate to factory settings

Hi all, I have an Acer Travelmate with Win10 (1607), I would like to save Win 10 to a stick, then reset the laptop back to factory settings and then reinstall Win10. There is no program on the laptop that requires saving. Any advice or suggestions, not to technical, would be very much appreciated, thanks Roy

stanroy, Jun 16, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows 11 requires a password after resetting to factory setting - Similar Threads - requires password resetting

2. Windows 11 not reseting to factory settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not reseting to factory settings: Hello, I want to completely reset my PC to its original state, I've tried to use command prompt but it refuses to run as administrator, I've also tried using the task manager. Also I've tried using advanced setting and also just the regular settings under recovery to reset...
  3. Windows 11 not reseting to factory settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not reseting to factory settings: Hello, I want to completely reset my PC to its original state, I've tried to use command prompt but it refuses to run as administrator, I've also tried using the task manager. Also I've tried using advanced setting and also just the regular settings under recovery to reset...
  4. Windows 11 requires a password after resetting to factory setting

Windows 11 requires a password after resetting to factory setting: After installation of the June 2024 update, my Lenovo Thinkpad x1 could not log me in with my face or my pin. It required a password which I am not sure what it was. My microsoft password did not work as well. I tried everything and got access to troubleshooting menu. I tried...
  5. Incorrect Password after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Password after Factory Reset: Issue: I factory reset my windows 10 computer, after the reset it prompt me to the log-in user page but when I inserted my password it would give me this issue: User profile service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.I tried: Resetting multiple...
  6. Incorrect Password after Factory Reset

Incorrect Password after Factory Reset: Issue: I factory reset my windows 10 computer, after the reset it prompt me to the log-in user page but when I inserted my password it would give me this issue: User profile service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.I tried: Resetting multiple...
  7. Incorrect Password after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Password does not work after a factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Password does not work after a factory reset: My laptop had some issues, so I decided to fix it, but it didn't. As a result, my password was not working I have tried almost every method I have found to log into my computer. It keeps saying I have the wrong password, I actually use a pin to log in, so it's weird that it...
  9. required password reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    required password reset: I restarted my laptop this morning and a screen came up that I have not seen before. It said a password reset was required and asked for the last four digits of my cell phone number. I then received a text and entered the code provided, which took me to a screen to enter my...
  10. Factory reset requires password but don't have it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset requires password but don't have it: Why did the instructions for resetting my computer not say, "You will need your password, not your PIN for this process."????? I haven't used my password for a year and a half, but I have my PIN. However, that won't work!!!!! What do I do?...