Windows 10: windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset

Discus and support windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm resetting my surface go 3 and until the latest update there's been an option to download windows 11 fresh, now without giving the option, just at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by fhqwgads, Mar 4, 2023.

1. fhqwgads Win User

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset

I'm resetting my surface go 3 and until the latest update there's been an option to download windows 11 fresh, now without giving the option, just at the end confirmation screen, it just said reinstall windows from this device with no option to change it, so is it supposed to be like that now? thanks

:)

fhqwgads, Mar 4, 2023

2. How to Reset Windows 11

This article explains how to Reset Windows 11 PC in case it is not working well.

Reset is a feature in Windows 11, which Reinstalls Windows, allowing you to keep the files or remove them as desired. Resetting is particularly helpful when you have problems with specific Windows components like Windows updates not working, Apps crashing, etc.

Doing a Reset affects the following things:

1. Reinstall a fresh copy of Windows.
    2. Reset your customized Settings to default.
    3. Remove/Keep your files depending on which option you select.
    4. Remove the installed applications on your Windows 11 PC.
    A Reset takes 20-25 minutes, depending on the configuration and the option chosen of Cloud Reset or Local Reset.

There are multiple ways to Reset your Windows 11 PC, and the following steps explain those in Detail:

How to Reset Windows 11

If you can start your computer, you can trigger a Reset from the Settings app. See the steps below:

• Open Start menu>Settings app.

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset 901d4d18-418c-47ca-ae45-8f9783bccdfa?upload=true.png

• Go to System>Recovery options at the end.
    • Under Recovery options, click Reset PC.

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset c81bce2d-6bb6-4bff-9251-ec88ffe31a01?upload=true.png

Reset options in Windows 11, now in System Settings, instead of Update and Security

• Select if you want to keep your files or remove the files. Removing the files is helpful if you plan to donate or sell your computer. I am selecting to keep my files in this example.

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset 1938b7c8-5eb4-46bd-b227-c3118020e2a3?upload=true.png

• The next step is, how do you want to Reset Windows by downloading the Installation files from the Cloud or do a Local Reset. If you have an Internet connection, I recommend using the Cloud download option. Windows would download a 4GB file to your device and use that to reinstall Windows. A Local reinstall may also help, but for reliability purposes, I strongly suggest using Cloud Download. If you do not have an Internet connection or have limited data, choose Local reinstall.

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset 76db4367-21aa-435d-ab13-e82584c7d1d4?upload=true.png

• Confirm the Ready to Reset this PC screen and the Recent update screen.

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset a427daeb-97b8-4fd6-b1e4-ac4ee1274801?upload=true.png

• The process to download would then start. Confirm the Additional settings screen.

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset 2b646a4b-dc87-4508-a9b0-822c5e1871fe?upload=true.png

• A preparing to Reset screen would then appear, which starts the Installation Process.

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset cc0e26d7-9666-46ac-a097-a95c615e1eda?upload=true.png

• Windows would then Restart and show you the Resetting Progress on the screen.

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset ba20d3c7-ae36-4249-a013-65799e8df8c3?upload=true.png

• After the first Restart, Windows would boot to the Installation phase.

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset 41cb3fa6-2e61-455b-9bf5-e160c92285d5?upload=true.png

• When the process is complete, you would see the Login screen. Enter your PIN.

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset 1b5254f0-1920-4bf6-8917-6eb85ca2fb48?upload=true.png

• After that, the Windows would finalize the Reset and show you the desktop.

• The Reset process is complete.

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset e886a9d8-97fc-4f1d-bb6c-f9e5147362d4?upload=true.png

Reset Windows 11 from Windows Recovery environment

If your Windows has stopped working, Windows provides an option to Reset Windows 11 PC from the Recovery environment. To do that, you need to force the computer into Windows Recovery and then Reset Windows 11 from there. The process is nearly the same as above.

Step 1: Trigger the recovery environment:

• To force Windows into the Recovery environment, Perform a hard shutdown by pressing the power button for 5 seconds when the Windows boot screen appears.
    • Do this twice.

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset 5eca5632-7acb-4228-b589-cd912c756bbc?upload=true.png

• On the third time, you would see the Windows Recovery Environment, which would say that your PC has a problem and it could not repair the problem.

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset e8f08d72-3fa3-4c1d-af79-a05949b9f12f?upload=true.png

Step 2: Reset Windows 11 from the Windows Recovery environment

• Click Advanced options.

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset 208237a1-ba40-47bf-b85b-02a9a35598d4?upload=true.png

• Click Troubleshoot. Select Reset this PC.

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset db9e954d-1c82-4ada-a2de-5d6a0d038606?upload=true.png

• Select if you want to Keep files or Remove everything.

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset 20ecb70e-aba7-47d1-88ca-ac5dc9abe2f3?upload=true.png

• Select Cloud Download or Local Download.
    • Confirm the Reset.
    • The process would start.

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset 30c54cb8-8381-49f4-8bba-a108494b38c1?upload=true.png

After that, your computer would do the same process as mentioned above.

These steps can help you Resetting your Windows 11 PC. If a Reset fails, you may have to do a clean install using a USB hard drive, either prepared on another computer or an existing one you have.

Also read:

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset f13cd2bc-ee9e-487c-b252-e104f03455e4?upload=true.png
    Sumit (@_sumitdhiman) / Twitter

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Mar 4, 2023
  3. newfellow Win User
    How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Mar 4, 2023
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 4, 2023
Thema:

1. windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset - Similar Threads - reset option download

2. Reset windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset windows 11: Can someone please tell me how to rest my laptop back to manufactory setting? It's windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-windows-11/bcb4c7a7-2eb5-478a-9b5c-f4ceaa1a398f
  3. Windows 11 Reset stuck downloading at 61%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Reset stuck downloading at 61%: I was previously running Windows 11 when a corporate update was pushed to my machine. After that update, my system became corrupted and I was forced to Reset my Windows installation. I selected the option to retain my files, during the restart. Things seemed to be going well,...
  4. Windows 11 Reset stuck downloading at 61%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Reset stuck downloading at 61%: I was previously running Windows 11 when a corporate update was pushed to my machine. After that update, my system became corrupted and I was forced to Reset my Windows installation. I selected the option to retain my files, during the restart. Things seemed to be going well,...
  5. windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset: I'm resetting my surface go 3 and until the latest update there's been an option to download windows 11 fresh, now without giving the option, just at the end confirmation screen, it just said reinstall windows from this device with no option to change it, so is it supposed to...
  6. Windows 11 "Reset this PC" option missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "Reset this PC" option missing: Hello everyone. I have a clean install with reformatting whole drive using Windows 11 pro installation media from Microsoft site. Everything were good, i can use easy recovery environment shift + restart to get their and there was "Reset this PC" option. Then i decided to...
  7. Windows 11 "Reset this PC" option missing

Windows 11 "Reset this PC" option missing: Hello everyone. I have a clean install with reformatting whole drive using Windows 11 pro installation media from Microsoft site. Everything were good, i can use easy recovery environment shift + restart to get their and there was "Reset this PC" option. Then i decided to...
  8. reset windows 11

reset windows 11: how to reset hard drive and wipe contents Win 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-windows-11/89829863-4a1d-4842-9fdf-db05ace4a1fb
  9. Reset window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset window 11: After reset. While doing setup Microsoft account my laptop get stuck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-window-11/a9a877d4-9d3e-46ec-ae26-382bbcdc14d3
  10. Reset Windows 11

Reset Windows 11: I had windows 10 when I purchased my laptop and upgraded to windows 11 like after 10 days. Does factory resetting restore windows 10 or is it just going to reinstall windows 11?...