Windows 10: Windows 11 restart and shoutdown slow ,windows update not working

Discus and support Windows 11 restart and shoutdown slow ,windows update not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been facing many issues since 2 months ago, my new laptop shut down and restart take too much time after the update, also I can't get the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ROJAN MATHEW P SAMUEL, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Windows 11 restart and shoutdown slow ,windows update not working

I have been facing many issues since 2 months ago, my new laptop shut down and restart take too much time after the update, also I can't get the update of windows 11i tried the troubleshooting method,but that did not work out.

:)

ROJAN MATHEW P SAMUEL, Oct 6, 2022
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. TC-man Win User
    Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Oct 6, 2022
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows 11 restart and shoutdown slow ,windows update not working

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Thema:

Windows 11 restart and shoutdown slow ,windows update not working

1. Windows 11 restart and shoutdown slow ,windows update not working - Similar Threads - restart shoutdown slow

2. Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart: Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-11-slow-to-shutdown-and-restart/ba71a796-5acf-45e1-accc-da6317471ece
  3. Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart: Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-11-slow-to-shutdown-and-restart/ba71a796-5acf-45e1-accc-da6317471ece
  4. windows update and restart not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update and restart not working: I noticed an app not workingrazer cortex then I decided to check the windows update in settings and I found it not working It's stuck loading so I decided to restart my pc and I was surprised that the restart is stuck loading too then I forced the shutdown so when my pc turns...
  5. windows update and restart not working

windows update and restart not working: I noticed an app not workingrazer cortex then I decided to check the windows update in settings and I found it not working It's stuck loading so I decided to restart my pc and I was surprised that the restart is stuck loading too then I forced the shutdown so when my pc turns...
  6. Windows 11 restart and shoutdown slow ,windows update not working

Windows 11 restart and shoutdown slow ,windows update not working: I have been facing many issues since 2 months ago, my new laptop shut down and restart take too much time after the update, also I can't get the update of windows 11i tried the troubleshooting method,but that did not work out....
  7. Windows 11 Slow Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Slow Restart: Since updating from Windows 10 a month or two ago, I have had issues with a slow restart, My computer will be stuck on the "Restarting" screen for 10 minutes or longer. I have an SSD installed so I don't believe hardware to be an issue but maybe the formatting on the ssd? I'm...
  8. Windows 11 Slow Restart

Windows 11 Slow Restart: Since updating from Windows 10 a month or two ago, I have had issues with a slow restart, My computer will be stuck on the "Restarting" screen for 10 minutes or longer. I have an SSD installed so I don't believe hardware to be an issue but maybe the formatting on the ssd? I'm...
  9. Slow restart of Windows after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow restart of Windows after update: I have new dell laptop with Windows 10 ProThe most recent update KB5005565 was successfully installed and rebooted successfullyThe windows restart currently takes a long time more than 2 minutesShutting down then restart takes much shorter time Fast boot enabledNote: some...
  10. what is preventing shoutdown and restart?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    what is preventing shoutdown and restart?: what is preventing shout down and restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-preventing-shoutdown-and-restart/232c75f3-1d00-4aaf-9097-dff9e1396a4e