Windows 10: Windows 11 restarts whenever I open the Photos app.

Discus and support Windows 11 restarts whenever I open the Photos app. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; To summarize, my month-old desktop computer has been shutting off and resetting every time I open the Photos app. I have tried to disable the automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MattRodPX, May 29, 2022.

1. MattRodPX Win User

Windows 11 restarts whenever I open the Photos app.

To summarize, my month-old desktop computer has been shutting off and resetting every time I open the Photos app. I have tried to disable the automatic restart function in the Startup and Recovery section, opening the CMD prompt and typing gpupdate and chkdsk c:. I have also gone into the app settings to repair and reset the photos app, however the result is the same. The app will open and I will see the few photos I have imported, then the entire computer will click off and the OS will restart. It does not log me off but return me to the empty desktop. The drivers are updated to the best of m

:)

MattRodPX, May 29, 2022

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, May 29, 2022
  3. VEE
    vee Win User
    Windows 10 Photo app open double window

I have exactly same problem.
    To reproduce bug.
    1. open folder that contain .jpg photo
    2. double click or click on that photo and press enter on keyboard to make sure you open once
    3. windows 10 open collection window with photo viewer window.
    If step 3 is not occur, you may need to restart pc/log out and re log in/turn off and turn on pc. This problem does not happen everytime.

4. Windows 11 restarts whenever I open the Photos app.

Photo app will not stay open in windows 10

Hi Caroline,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I suggest you to reset the Windows Store cache and check.

Method 1:

Follow the step to reset the Windows Store cache.

• Press Windows Key + R key.

• Type wsreset.exe and press Enter Key.
    Your Windows Store cache will be reset. Check if the is resolved.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall photo app again.

Method 2:

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Photo app I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Photo app from the following link.

Get $Microsoft Photos from the Microsoft Store

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 29, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 restarts whenever I open the Photos app.

1. Windows 11 restarts whenever I open the Photos app. - Similar Threads - restarts whenever open

2. my photo app is not opening in window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my photo app is not opening in window 11: my photo app is not opening in window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-photo-app-is-not-opening-in-window-11/e260c3c9-eb3d-42ea-a2cb-9e50801a9a29
  3. my photo app is not opening in window 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my photo app is not opening in window 11: my photo app is not opening in window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-photo-app-is-not-opening-in-window-11/e260c3c9-eb3d-42ea-a2cb-9e50801a9a29
  4. Photos app not opening. Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app not opening. Windows 11 Pro: Hello everyone!The photos app will not open. When I try to open a file, the computer thinks a little and nothing happens. I tried to open the app by using the run dialog, CMD prompt and just opening it up in the start menu. Please help me!Thanks in advance....
  5. Photos app not opening. Windows 11 Pro

Photos app not opening. Windows 11 Pro: Hello everyone!The photos app will not open. When I try to open a file, the computer thinks a little and nothing happens. I tried to open the app by using the run dialog, CMD prompt and just opening it up in the start menu. Please help me!Thanks in advance....
  6. whenever i open a picture in the windows 11 photo viewer it automatically applies a filter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whenever i open a picture in the windows 11 photo viewer it automatically applies a filter...: when I open a picture in the windows 11 default photo viewer app it adjusts the exposure automatically and as a photographer this really messes with my work. I've look through the settings and can't find a way to disable this. any help appreciated...
  7. Photo App keeps opening several new windows whenever I click on a photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo App keeps opening several new windows whenever I click on a photo: Dear all,Microsoft Photos app opens a new window whenever I click on a photo. I'm wondering if I can simply click on the photos, regardless of which folder it's in, and it will open the same window. Simply saying that first photo opens on a new window and once you click...
  8. Photo App keeps opening several new windows whenever I click on a photo

Photo App keeps opening several new windows whenever I click on a photo: Dear all,Microsoft Photos app opens a new window whenever I click on a photo. I'm wondering if I can simply click on the photos, regardless of which folder it's in, and it will open the same window. Simply saying that first photo opens on a new window and once you click...
  9. Windows 11 restarts whenever I open the Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 restarts whenever I open the Photos app.: To summarize, my month-old desktop computer has been shutting off and resetting every time I open the Photos app. I have tried to disable the automatic restart function in the Startup and Recovery section, opening the CMD prompt and typing gpupdate and chkdsk c:. I have also...
  10. My laptop doesn't open any apps whenever i restart it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop doesn't open any apps whenever i restart it.: I've had this issue since i i updated my windows to version 2004, i have trouble connecting to WiFi, opening apps specially the settings app and I can't search. Please help.....