Windows 10: Windows 11 right click explorer menu - Show More as Default

Discus and support Windows 11 right click explorer menu - Show More as Default in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello!I cannot stand the new drop down when I right click on a file. Could you please update windows 11 so we can set the show more option as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brie Minarik, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Windows 11 right click explorer menu - Show More as Default

Hello!I cannot stand the new drop down when I right click on a file. Could you please update windows 11 so we can set the show more option as the default? Thank you!

:)

Brie Minarik, Aug 10, 2022
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Restore Legacy Right Click menu for File Explorer in Windows 11

Starting with Windows 11, the context menu in the File Explorer is refreshed, which is compact and is based on Modern design. However, the refreshed context menu shows fewer items compared to the Legacy Context menu. This article discusses how to restore the Legacy Context menu in Windows 11, showing up by default.

Windows 11 right click explorer menu - Show More as Default dbd5fd9d-8d47-4844-8a4e-3d6cd93c46f2?upload=true.png

Recycle bin modern context menu - coming to Windows 11 in the future

You can show up the Legacy Right Click Context menu by clicking Show more options at the end of the list or press Shift+F10. If you want it by default, you need to add a registry entry given below so that every time you right-click a File or Folder, it shows the Legacy Context menu by default.

Windows 11 right click explorer menu - Show More as Default c8563021-8c7b-4fa0-80f2-143a91fe0ba4?upload=true.png

Restore old Context Menu in Windows 11

1. Right-click the Start button and choose Windows Terminal(admin).
    2. Copy the command from below, paste it in Windows Terminal Window, and press enter.
      1. reg.exe add "HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\InprocServer32" /f /ve
    3. Restart File Explorer or your computer for the changes to take effect.
    4. You would see the Legacy Right Click Context menu by default.

Windows 11 right click explorer menu - Show More as Default e9604f28-828e-4a1d-bd60-e73649edfff0?upload=true.png

Command in Windows Terminal to Restore old context menu

The Registry change masks the new COM object that executes the compact menus with the "Show more options" entry. Once you get this performed, Explorer reverts to the Legacy context menu.

Restore Modern Context menus in Windows 11

To undo this change, in an elevated Terminal Window, execute this command:

reg.exe delete "HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}" /f

Restart the File Explorer or Computer for the changes to take effect.

These steps can help you to enable the old context menu in Windows 11.

Windows 11 right click explorer menu - Show More as Default f13cd2bc-ee9e-487c-b252-e104f03455e4?upload=true.png
    Sumit (@_sumitdhiman) / Twitter

Also read:

Credits to Winaero.com

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Aug 10, 2022
  4. Windows 11 right click explorer menu - Show More as Default

justinmreina, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 right click explorer menu - Show More as Default

1. Windows 11 right click explorer menu - Show More as Default - Similar Threads - right click explorer

2. Right-click context menu "Show more options"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click context menu "Show more options": It would be better if you provide an option to make "Show more options" as default on right-click context menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu-show-more-options/8a37dd42-198e-4a95-9666-d122afeb1846
  3. Right-click context menu "Show more options"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click context menu "Show more options": It would be better if you provide an option to make "Show more options" as default on right-click context menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu-show-more-options/8a37dd42-198e-4a95-9666-d122afeb1846
  4. Windows 11 right click explorer menu - Show More as Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 right click explorer menu - Show More as Default: Hello!I cannot stand the new drop down when I right click on a file. Could you please update windows 11 so we can set the show more option as the default? Thank you!...
  5. Right Click Menu and more not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click Menu and more not working: A few days ago, perhaps following an Update, the Right Click Menu stopped working as well as the Double Tap on my Synaptics built in Glide Pad.I have tried to update the driver using the Device Manager Built In driver utility as well as going to Synaptics website and looking...
  6. Right Click Menu and more not working

Right Click Menu and more not working: A few days ago, perhaps following an Update, the Right Click Menu stopped working as well as the Double Tap on my Synaptics built in Glide Pad.I have tried to update the driver using the Device Manager Built In driver utility as well as going to Synaptics website and looking...
  7. Right Click Menu and more not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. winrar option not showing in right click windows explorer menu

winrar option not showing in right click windows explorer menu: on my dad laptop when i right click on rar or zip file it dont show winrar options (see attached image) i have followed instruction given in the following link, still no use Add Missing WinRAR Entry In The Right-Click Context Menu while it works fine on my laptop 152228
  9. winrar option not showing in right click windows explorer menu

in Windows 10 Support
    winrar option not showing in right click windows explorer menu: when i right click on rar or zip file it dont show winrar options see attached image i have followed instruction given in the following link, still no use Add Missing WinRAR Entry In The Right-Click Context Menu 152228
  10. Right click context menu for explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click context menu for explorer: Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried...