Windows 10: Windows 11 - rightclick only on executable *.exe freezes Explorer

Discus and support Windows 11 - rightclick only on executable *.exe freezes Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all,if I rightclick an executable explorer in windows 11 hangs. Only on executables. Rightclick on documents is not a problem.I need for example... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KarlMaier3, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Windows 11 - rightclick only on executable *.exe freezes Explorer

Hello all,if I rightclick an executable explorer in windows 11 hangs. Only on executables. Rightclick on documents is not a problem.I need for example "compatibility tab" for some older apps to alter scaling.Yours Holger

:)

KarlMaier3, Mar 20, 2023
  2. newfellow Win User

explorer.exe executable check-ups

O should of dig some other entries then Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer in the Group Policies It seems one way to just bypass it:

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager > Add .EXE (and all the executables in general) to "Inclusion list for moderate risk file types"

does the trick pretty nicely..

newfellow, Mar 20, 2023
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Mar 20, 2023
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 11 - rightclick only on executable *.exe freezes Explorer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 - rightclick only on executable *.exe freezes Explorer

1. Windows 11 - rightclick only on executable *.exe freezes Explorer - Similar Threads - rightclick executable exe

2. Windows 11 - rightclick only on executable *.exe freezes Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - rightclick only on executable *.exe freezes Explorer: Hello all,if I rightclick an executable explorer in windows 11 hangs. Only on executables. Rightclick on documents is not a problem.I need for example "compatibility tab" for some older apps to alter scaling.Does anybody has an idea?Yours Holger...
  3. Error executing exe file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error executing exe file: Every time I try to download something by running an exe file, the computer keeps rebooting. It always reboot during download after running exe file. What should i do fix the problem? Pls help me.. submitted by /u/gevatte [link] [comments]...
  4. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  5. Explorer freezes when launching .exe installer file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer freezes when launching .exe installer file.: Hello, This is a non existential issue but a really boring one. Whenever I try to launch an .exe INSTALLER application, wherever I launched it from freezes for around 5 minutes or more before launching the installer. For exemple when I download a random installer, let's say...
  6. Taskbar rightclick

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar rightclick: In windows 7, if you right clicked an item in the taskbar (e.g. the Excel tab) a list of 7-8 of your previously opened files would appear and make for easy selection. In windows 10, how do you activate this feature?? When I right click the Excel tab (or Word or PP), none of...
  7. RUN won't 'execute' EXE files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    RUN won't 'execute' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...
  8. Exes stop executing after a while

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exes stop executing after a while: Hi, I have a Lenovo Ideapad 11S, and my OS is Windows 10. After using it for some time, suddenly all the executables (exes) stop working. Even the windows commands like reboot, task manager etc. don't start at all. The Windows menu continues to function, but on clicking the...
  9. windows rightclick issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows rightclick issue: Hi all! my windows 10 have the following issues: -when I right click on some files, it stops responding and after some minutes it refreshes everything. -the "show desktop" quick-lunch on toolbar some times doesn't work. I think it is either explorer.exe or a driver's...
  10. No exe can be executed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No exe can be executed: Hello. I tried to execute an exe file created by the compilation of code in MS Visual studio 2015 but it doesn't work. Every time i try to execute it stucks. Specifically in command prompt, Ctrl+C doesn't work. Then I tried to compile the code in other apps. But the...