Windows 10: Windows 11 Running Slowly

Discus and support Windows 11 Running Slowly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Gals and Guys - I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 11, but it's been running poorly. Specifically, sometimes, not always, certain programs will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tedeye, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Tedeye Win User

Windows 11 Running Slowly

Hello Gals and Guys - I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 11, but it's been running poorly. Specifically, sometimes, not always, certain programs will open slowly like if I click on them, it's like i didn't cause it hangs for a minuteit seems like a minute before it finally opens. The other issue is I'll be using a program and it'll just close with no warning, which is irritating if you didn't save your work. My PC has a Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB of memory and 1TB SSD, so it should have the oomph to run Windows 11. I tested the CPU, Memory and SSD. They all reported normally. I just did th

:)

Tedeye, Oct 28, 2022
  2. BlackOwl Win User

Windows running slowly in specific situations

Over the last few days (since maybe Thursday but definitely Friday) my Win10 machine has been running slowly in certain situations. The programs iTunes, GSAK, and Unreal Tournament 2004 run slowly in general, much slower than my new hardware has been able to output since I bought it less than two months ago. Other programs are substantially slower than normal to load, but act quite fine once they've been loaded (Sid Meier's Civilization V and Overwatch are two notable exmaples - they take up to six times longer to load than they did this time last week). The change was sudden but not noticeable straightaway.

One further change I've noticed is that whenever I go to shut down or reboot the computer, it tells me it's "Getting Windows ready" despite there being no updates to my knowledge. It tends to hang on that screen for some time before it actually shuts down or reboots - I'm not sure how long it takes as I often lose patience and go and do something else, but it's more than expected.

Steps I've already tried:
    • rebooting
    • antivirus scan
    • uninstalling programs I've installed within the last week
    • rolling back Windows updates (which I've found to be basically impossible)
    • cleaning up the fullest hard drive (I've more than doubled the free space on it)
    • updating my video card drivers
    • defragging all three hard drives

Any ideas?

BlackOwl, Oct 28, 2022
  3. Windows Explorer running slowly

Please disconnect all connected devices to find out problem resolves if it does not perform a clean boot state.

I would like to have you run a Clean Boot.

How to perform a Clean Boot.

Warning: Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your antivirus disabled until the process is ended. For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

Press the
    Windows 11 Running Slowly 7W6b39o.png
    keys to open Run, then type msconfig in the search box. This will open System Configuration.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation.

(1) Click/tap on the General tab.

(2) Click/tap on the Selective startup option.

(3) Remove the check mark in the Load startup items check box.

Windows 11 Running Slowly 0JgaJnG.png

4. Click on the Services tab.

5. Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running.

6. Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list.

Windows 11 Running Slowly yIKrmLs.png

7. Click on Apply then OK

Windows 11 Running Slowly ljHR4ZW.png

Click on Restart in the window that opens.

When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.

If the problem does not continue after the restart please do the following.

8. Divide the number of these services and startup programs by two and you place checks in the first half of these, then restart the computer.

9. If the problem doesn't return in those services and startup programs remove the checks and place checks in the remaining services and startup programs and restart the computer.

10. When you find which half the service and startup programs is in go on to the next step.

11. The half which has the service and startup programs causing this problem remove half of the checks as you did previously to see which half has this service. Restart the computer.

12. If it isn't in the first half of these services and startup programs, do the same with the last half of the services and startup programs.

13. Once you have narrowed it down to the last three or four services and startup programs remove the checks one at a time till you find the service or startup program at fault.

Once you have found the service or startup program post it in your topic. Do not take any action until I suggest the next step.

FreeBooter, Oct 28, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Running Slowly

Games run very slowly on Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Is the issue confined to specific game?

2) Is all the system programs, running fine?

I would suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 28, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Running Slowly

1. Windows 11 Running Slowly - Similar Threads - Running Slowly

2. My computer suddenly runs all games very slowly except for one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer suddenly runs all games very slowly except for one.: HiMy laptop has been working fine but has suddenly set rates running all games laggy except for genshin impacts. All the games i can’t play are on the lowest setting but genshin impact is on high graphics?! The other games i’m playing have similar requirements so i don’t...
  3. My computer suddenly runs all games very slowly except for one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer suddenly runs all games very slowly except for one.: HiMy laptop has been working fine but has suddenly set rates running all games laggy except for genshin impacts. All the games i can’t play are on the lowest setting but genshin impact is on high graphics?! The other games i’m playing have similar requirements so i don’t...
  4. Windows running extremely slowly and battery reflects 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows running extremely slowly and battery reflects 0%: My windows has suddenly started running extremely slowly and outlook and web pages take forever to load. Additionally, my battery life reflects 0% but continues to function although my laptop has been charging for 8 hours. Please help urgently! Much appreciated....
  5. Windows running extremely slowly and battery reflects 0%

Windows running extremely slowly and battery reflects 0%: My windows has suddenly started running extremely slowly and outlook and web pages take forever to load. Additionally, my battery life reflects 0% but continues to function although my laptop has been charging for 8 hours. Please help urgently! Much appreciated....
  6. Programs run slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs run slowly: I have a window 7 ,14 years from now , Because Microsoft ended the support from windows 7 and programs very slow, glitches,and won't run smoothly,I decided to upgrade it to windows 10..I'm very glad because it run now smoothly,New UI,and more features.But after a week on...
  7. Programs run slowly

Programs run slowly: I have a window 7 ,14 years from now , Because Microsoft ended the support from windows 7 and programs very slow, glitches,and won't run smoothly,I decided to upgrade it to windows 10..I'm very glad because it run now smoothly,New UI,and more features.But after a week on...
  8. Programs run slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. PC running slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC running slowly: I'm on Windows 11 and for a while I haven't had any issues, but lately usually after I run Steam my computer has been slowing down like I'm out of RAM. When I eventually open Task Manager, which normally takes almost 70 seconds since my computer responds so slowly, it always...
  10. PC running slowly

PC running slowly: I'm on Windows 11 and for a while I haven't had any issues, but lately usually after I run Steam my computer has been slowing down like I'm out of RAM. When I eventually open Task Manager, which normally takes almost 70 seconds since my computer responds so slowly, it always...