Windows 10: Windows 11 Safe Mode PIN Failure

Discus and support Windows 11 Safe Mode PIN Failure in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've a new Asus ProArt Studiobook and need to put the laptop into SafeMode to fix Windows Defender issue thread here if of interest. I'm running the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by packagedelivery, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Windows 11 Safe Mode PIN Failure

I've a new Asus ProArt Studiobook and need to put the laptop into SafeMode to fix Windows Defender issue thread here if of interest. I'm running the latest version of Windows 11 23H2. I was attempting to boot into safe mode. At the login screen, I receive the following error "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again."Troubleshooting steps so farI've repeated this with the laptop LAN connected, WiFi connected, Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Network. still unable to login to my laptop via safe mode.I've also reinstalled Windows 11 using this guide, follow

:)

packagedelivery, Dec 8, 2023

2. Windows 10 Safe Mode PIN Failure

Thank you Isha. I tried your safe mode suggestion WITH networking. It still did not work.

But I got round it by removing the PIN
    even though Cortana does not work. Here is how:

1. Right-click on desktop

2. click on Personolise

3. in the blue search bar type Sign-in to get the sign-in option

4. click on Sign-in options

5. under the PIN section click on Remove

6. type in the user password (not PIN)

The PIN is now removed. This would now allow signing into windows in the Safe Mode, etc.

N.B. you could also go to the next step (step 7) and remove the account password all together if required.

Jamshid Aziminia, Dec 8, 2023
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    PIN not working in Safe mode

Hello,

Windows 10 may have encountered a corruption that caused your machine not to recognize your pin. For us to better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is this also happening even if you're not on Safe mode?
    • Are you getting an error message whenever you enter your pin?

Meanwhile, if you're able to log into your computer if you're not in Safe mode, we recommend that you visit this

link
    . From there, you'll see a thread with a similar issue, kindly see the reply of
    Kapil Arya MVP and follow the steps on his reply.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Dec 8, 2023
  4. Windows 11 Safe Mode PIN Failure

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 8, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 Safe Mode PIN Failure

1. Windows 11 Safe Mode PIN Failure - Similar Threads - Safe Mode PIN

2. Windows 11 Safe Mode PIN Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Safe Mode PIN Failure: I've a new Asus ProArt Studiobook and need to put the laptop into SafeMode to fix Windows Defender issue thread here if of interest. I'm running the latest version of Windows 11 23H2. I was attempting to boot into safe mode. At the login screen, I receive the following error...
  3. Login Failure: "Something has happened" to PIN. Safe-Mode Loop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Failure: "Something has happened" to PIN. Safe-Mode Loop?: Hi,I used "System Configuration" to start my PC in safe mode and it has destroyed it. Can't log in using pin. Can't log in using correct password.Can't access any windows tools repair/reset/restore/cmd etc etc without a working password.I have made a boot disc and tried the...
  4. Login Failure: "Something has happened" to PIN. Safe-Mode Loop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login Failure: "Something has happened" to PIN. Safe-Mode Loop?: Hi,I used "System Configuration" to start my PC in safe mode and it has destroyed it. Can't log in using pin. Can't log in using correct password.Can't access any windows tools repair/reset/restore/cmd etc etc without a working password.I have made a boot disc and tried the...
  5. Login Failure: "Something has happened" to PIN. Safe-Mode Loop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Login Failure: "Something has happened" to PIN. Safe-Mode Loop?: Hi,I used "System Configuration" to start my PC in safe mode and it has destroyed it. Can't log in using pin. Can't log in using correct password.Can't access any windows tools repair/reset/cmd etc etc without a working password.I have made a boot disc and tried the Utilman -...
  6. Win10 Rollback failure in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Rollback failure in safe mode: Hi,Given a PC to fix, running Win10 Home. Rollback failure using Windows Media Creation disk.All troubleshoot options failed.On repair there is a Win10 Rollback, as well as Win10 option to select from. Tried both - no joy.Followed other examples from similar issues to no...
  7. Win10 Rollback failure in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Rollback failure in safe mode: Hi,Given a PC to fix, running Win10 Home. Rollback failure using Windows Media Creation disk.All troubleshoot options failed.On repair there is a Win10 Rollback, as well as Win10 option to select from. Tried both - no joy.Followed other examples from similar issues to no...
  8. Win10 Rollback failure in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Safe Mode incorrect pin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe Mode incorrect pin: I'm in safe mode no network. It will not accept my password. I've tried restart, shift key, but when I get to troubleshoot it asked for my password again and says incorrect. I can't go any further. Any solutions?...
  10. Safe mode windows will not accept my pin????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safe mode windows will not accept my pin????: I am trying to delete a Mcfee program which { am having a problem with,only I need to get into safe mode to get rid of it I get into the login screen and windows will not accept my pin ??? What's going on ?You would think that once you change your password/pin it would apply...