Windows 10: Windows 11 screenshots: Rounded corners, File Explorer, Action Center

Discus and support Windows 11 screenshots: Rounded corners, File Explorer, Action Center in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We’ve long heard rumours about the Windows Sun Valley update and recent teasers suggested that the apparent redesign of the desktop operating system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 16, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 11 screenshots: Rounded corners, File Explorer, Action Center

We’ve long heard rumours about the Windows Sun Valley update and recent teasers suggested that the apparent redesign of the desktop operating system will be launched with Windows 11, Microsoft’s successor to Windows 10.

Thanks to what appears to be a genuine leaked build of the new Windows 11, we’ve got early access to the upcoming design. In addition to the brand new Start Menu and centred taskbar, Windows 11 also comes with a bunch of other design improvements, such as rounded corners and shadows.

As you can see in the below screenshots, Microsoft is rounding off window corners for all apps including legacy menus, tools, first-party modern apps, and third-party apps too. This will make the whole interface seem modern, cleaner and softer.

1 of 4
    Windows 11 screenshots: Rounded corners, File Explorer, Action Center Control-Panel-update-710x420.jpg
    Windows 11 screenshots: Rounded corners, File Explorer, Action Center Windows-PowerShell-712x420.jpg
    Windows 11 screenshots: Rounded corners, File Explorer, Action Center Windows-Run-812x420.jpg
    Windows 11 screenshots: Rounded corners, File Explorer, Action Center Disk-Management-Tool-676x420.jpg

In our tests, we observed rounded edges everywhere – like the Control Panel, Device Manager, Disk Management, Settings window, etc. As Microsoft has enabled system-wide rounded corners, third-party apps like 7-Zip already support and respect the new user interface.

These screenshots show a minimalist design, with stronger elements of shadow effect visible in both light or dark mode. This leak confirms that the rounded edges previously seen in Microsoft’s internal mockup.

However, it’s worth noting that these screenshots are from a leaked unfinished build and this is not our final look at the next-gen operating system.

File Explorer

Windows 11 will come with the same File Explorer as part its overhauled desktop, according to the leaked build.

File Explorer is undergoing a minor facelift in this update, which enables touch-friendly controls in Explorer and improves default file type icons, giving the file manager system a fresh feel.

Windows 11 screenshots: Rounded corners, File Explorer, Action Center File-Explorer-UI.jpg

The window of File Explorer and navigation buttons have rounded corners too. This is to improve the UI consistency and make designs simpler to identify.

Unfortunately, the properties tab of File Explorer doesn’t support dark mode, at least in the leaked build.

In addition to rounded corners and updated icons, accessing the new File Explorer on a touchscreen device should be much easier now. This is because Microsoft has added extra padding to make the existing interface much more touch-friendly and easier to use with your fingertips.

Task Manager

It looks like Task Manager is not getting a major revamp in Windows 11.

Windows 11 screenshots: Rounded corners, File Explorer, Action Center Task-Manager-on-Windows-11.jpg

However, it has been updated with rounded corners and minor UI tweaks.

Windows Search

Windows Search interface is also getting updated with a major facelift.

Windows 11 screenshots: Rounded corners, File Explorer, Action Center Windows-Search-rounded-corners.jpg

For example, Windows Search will now float above the taskbar and it also comes with rounded corners to match the look and feel of the updated Start Menu.

Context menu

We have, of course, seen rounded corners pop up in the leaked builds when we right-click anywhere.

Windows 11 screenshots: Rounded corners, File Explorer, Action Center Windows-11-context-menu.jpg

In fact, Microsoft has updated both classic and modern context menu with rounded corners, and the new look is visible almost everywhere.

Windows 11 screenshots: Rounded corners, File Explorer, Action Center File-Explorer-rounded-corners.jpg

Historically, Microsoft has used rounded corners in Windows 7 and other operating systems, but with Windows 8 “Metro UI”, Microsoft switched to a straighter look and ditched rounded corners for sharp edges.

With Windows 11, Microsoft is returning back to the original look and enabling rounded corners everywhere.

Action Center

As we’ve seen in preview builds, there are some minor alterations planned for the Action Center.

The leaked Windows 11 build shows a few key UI changes to several parts of Windows Action Center. Windows Action Center has been updated with elements from both WinUI and Windows 10X.

Windows 11 screenshots: Rounded corners, File Explorer, Action Center Windows-11-Action-Center.jpg

It doesn’t really look different from the existing Action Center, but it’s likely that we’ll see some improvements in the later builds and experience packs of Windows 11.

Like Windows Start Menu and Search, Action Center is also expected to get a floating interface as well as the ability to swipe up and down to open the quick settings on tablet or 2-in-1s.

Microsoft is currently planning to announce Windows 11 on June 24 and the free upgrade will be released to consumers in the fall.

The post Windows 11 screenshots: Rounded corners, File Explorer, Action Center appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 16, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Action Center Mail

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 2:

Change notifications in action center

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Jan Del Win User

Internet Explorer 11 & Edge - flash player will not load

If you already tried the steps provided by Jomel_Santos, we suggest to reset the Internet Explorer 11 by following the steps on this
    link to make sure you do have the default settings of the browser.

For Microsoft Edge, please follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (...) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies andsaved website data, and
      Cached data and files then click Clear.

Looking forward to your reply.

Jan Del, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11 screenshots: Rounded corners, File Explorer, Action Center - Similar Threads - screenshots Rounded corners

2. Rounded Corners

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rounded Corners: Is there a setting I am missing somewhere to bring back the beautiful square corners that fit so well on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rounded-corners/70f7f75d-b361-4b00-b5db-68f85cfabdaf
  3. Rounded Corners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rounded Corners: Is there a setting I am missing somewhere to bring back the beautiful square corners that fit so well on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rounded-corners/70f7f75d-b361-4b00-b5db-68f85cfabdaf
  4. Windows 11 Desktop Rounded Corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Desktop Rounded Corner: Hello, I'm wondering if someone can help me with Windows 11 and its rounded corner desktop. I was at Best Buy this evening and their were two Microsoft Laptops running Windows 11: one was the Microsoft Surface Go and the other was the new Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. In...
  5. Windows 11 Desktop Rounded Corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Desktop Rounded Corner: Hello, I'm wondering if someone can help me with Windows 11 and its rounded corner desktop. I was at Best Buy this evening and their were two Microsoft Laptops running Windows 11: one was the Microsoft Surface Go and the other was the new Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. In...
  6. Windows 10 leak hints at Action Center UI tweaks and more rounded corners

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 leak hints at Action Center UI tweaks and more rounded corners: The latest round of leaks reveals more of the Windows 10X Sun Valley Update and its new Action Center (notification center) redesign, as well as new images of the upcoming app dialog box with rounded corners. As recently confirmed in a report published earlier this month,...
  7. Round Corners

in Windows 10 Customization
    Round Corners: Please help me, I wanna know how should I add round corners to every windowi.e. app I open. Kinda like the windows XP style, I guess Regards Dhruv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/round-corners/33c9a4cf-ea6c-4c21-b011-a482cfb73307
  8. Round corners

Round corners: I tried to make my window corners look rounded by enabling immersive search in registry editor but the changes didn't appear, and my windows version is 1909. Any help please?...
  9. Round Corner?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Round Corner?: I know it sounds weird, but is there any tools that make rounded screen corner on windows? I'm using a windows pad, the pad itself is rounded but the screen is sharp square, so I'm wondering if I could make this rounded. submitted by /u/ProgUn1corn [link] [comments]...
  10. Action Center via Hot Corner

Action Center via Hot Corner: There's anyway to open action center like the Charm Bar from Windows 8? 39522

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft leaks mockup of Windows 10’s new UI with rounded corners