Windows 10: Windows 11 - Scroll button click on applications pinned to taskbar does not open new window

Discus and support Windows 11 - Scroll button click on applications pinned to taskbar does not open new window in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey guys,From Windows 7 AFAIK to Windows 10, scroll button clicking the applications pinned to taskbar used to open a new window of that application.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RitvikBhavan, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Windows 11 - Scroll button click on applications pinned to taskbar does not open new window

Hey guys,From Windows 7 AFAIK to Windows 10, scroll button clicking the applications pinned to taskbar used to open a new window of that application. However, in Windows 11, that is no longer happening. Can you please confirm if this feature has been removed or if this is a bug?Regards,Ritvik Bhavan

:)

RitvikBhavan, Nov 18, 2021
  2. kreed66 Win User

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Nov 18, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 18, 2021
  4. Windows 11 - Scroll button click on applications pinned to taskbar does not open new window

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

Hi,

Try to pin the Applications from All apps and check if it helps.

• Choose Start >
      All apps,

• Scroll to the application you want to pin,
      right click and then click Pin to taskbar.

You may also try to pin it from installed location.

• Go to the location of the application you want to pin, (For example, to pin the
      Microsoft Word, go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16
      or C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16
      and then to WinWord)

• Right-click
      the file and select 'Pin to Taskbar' from the context menu.

Try the above steps and let us know if you can pin applications to taskbar.

Rishad K T, Nov 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 - Scroll button click on applications pinned to taskbar does not open new window

1. Windows 11 - Scroll button click on applications pinned to taskbar does not open new window - Similar Threads - Scroll button click

2. Windows 11 - Applications open but minimized to taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Applications open but minimized to taskbar: Hello,I am using AMD Ryzen 7 5700G processor / ASUS B550 Strix Gaming wifi motherboard / 8 GB RAM and Windows 11 Pro operating system.Whenever I open applications such as Notepad or .txt files and some other files such as word the application would open but always minimized...
  3. Windows 11 - Applications open but minimized to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Applications open but minimized to taskbar: Hello,I am using AMD Ryzen 7 5700G processor / ASUS B550 Strix Gaming wifi motherboard / 8 GB RAM and Windows 11 Pro operating system.Whenever I open applications such as Notepad or .txt files and some other files such as word the application would open but always minimized...
  4. Taskbar scroll on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar scroll on windows 11: Does anyone know how to scroll the taskbar in windows 11 to show more icons? whenever I have to many, the taskbar doesn't want to show all of them. does anyone know how to make it so that I can see all of my tabs?...
  5. Taskbar scroll on windows 11

Taskbar scroll on windows 11: Does anyone know how to scroll the taskbar in windows 11 to show more icons? whenever I have to many, the taskbar doesn't want to show all of them. does anyone know how to make it so that I can see all of my tabs?...
  6. Windows 11 - Scroll button click on applications pinned to taskbar does not open new window

Windows 11 - Scroll button click on applications pinned to taskbar does not open new window: Hey guys,From Windows 7 AFAIK to Windows 10, scroll button clicking the applications pinned to taskbar used to open a new window of that application. However, in Windows 11, that is no longer happening. Can you please confirm if this feature has been removed or if this is a...
  7. Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer: Hey guys, This has been annoying me from quite some time and I can't help but think how the hell such a low number of people have complained about this issue. I followed multiple guides to pinning specific folders to taskbar which involve place "explorer" before the shortcut...
  8. Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer: Hey guys, This has been annoying me from quite some time and I can't help but think how the hell such a low number of people have complained about this issue. I followed multiple guides to pinning specific folders to taskbar which involve place "explorer" before the shortcut...
  9. Mouse scroll button opens Windows Start menu when clicked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scroll button opens Windows Start menu when clicked: I understand that this is some sort of a hotkey which opens up the start menu but I would like to disable it. I've tried to go into control panel, mouse settings, wheel, etc, and after poking around everywhere in the settings I wasn't able to find the settings that...
  10. taskbar open windows right click does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar open windows right click does not work: every time i have some windows open on the task bar the right click function does not open the context window, meaning i want to be able to close the window. ive tired shellex view not sure which ones to disable that maybe causing the issue. 35648