Windows 10: windows 11 search and windows buttons not working

Discus and support windows 11 search and windows buttons not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So when i click the search or windows button it just highlights it and doesnt open anything i tried opening settings with the shortcut and it doesnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dilan Agustin, Sep 29, 2022.

1. windows 11 search and windows buttons not working

So when i click the search or windows button it just highlights it and doesnt open anything i tried opening settings with the shortcut and it doesnt work either.

:)

Dilan Agustin, Sep 29, 2022
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Sep 30, 2022
  3. BigMack70 Win User
    Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Austin_M. Win User

windows 11 search and windows buttons not working

Windows search not working after Windows 11 upgrade

Hello ManishMK,

Recently, the issue has affected the users who migrated from Windows 10 to Windows 11. The Windows 11 Search bar error is a general bug where the search bar is disabled by not allowing you to type anything at all. As a result, you can't even access the Shutdown and Restart buttons! In fact, it is a common issue nowadays.

Thus, a few corrective measures are needed to reclaim your computer's search function.

1. Enabling Search Button on Taskbar:

On the Windows 11 systems, the search function is integrated with Taskbar options. If you notice that the Search button has disappeared from the Taskbar, you can re-enable it with the help of the below steps,

• Look for the "Settings" menu on the right pane. Click on "All Settings."
    • Go to “Settings section -> Personalization -> Taskbar.”
    • From there, Enable the "Search" taskbar item if it was disabled after the Windows 11 update.
    Try using the search button with your device again. If it doesn't work for you, then try the following steps,

2. Check for the Windows Updates:

Microsoft keeps on releasing new updates and security patches for Windows in order to fix bugs and add some new features to improve the system performance. Thus, Sometimes an update and Restart in the system are all ways to fix the search bar error.

• Go to "Settings -> Check for Windows Update -> Update device if there are any priority updates available."
    • First, check your device for any pending updates. Then, finish them and restart the computer to see if the bug has gone.
    3. Run the Windows 11 troubleshooter:

• Go to “Settings -> System -> Troubleshoot.”
    • Select "Other Troubleshooters."
    • Click the "Run" option > beside "Search and Indexing."
    • The Troubleshooter lists 5 options, selects the options based on the problem, and then click Next.
    • The Troubleshooter will mainly look for the latest Windows Search service crashes incidents and fix the troubles you're facing.
    4. Restart the Service of Windows Search:

The Windows search feature might not work if the Windows Search Service is stopped or not running. In that case, you will have to restart the Windows Search Service.

• Open "Services" from the Run menu using the keyboard shortcut "Windows logo key+R." Type "services.msc" and Enter
    • Scroll down to find "Windows Search."> Right-click on it and then select Restart to stop and start the "Windows Search" services.
    • Double-click on the Windows Search service or right-click and go to properties. In the general tab, you have to set the startup type to "Automatic." & Click "Apply" to save the changes.
    Now, check if this issue persists after you restarted the Windows Search service.

After all these fixes, simply restart your device once to make the system stable. Once the system is up, check the Windows 11 device search function. It will be functional again. Normally it should resolve all the issues.

I hope one of the fixes mentioned above helped you fix the Windows 11 search issues.

------------------------------

Regards,

Austin_M., Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

windows 11 search and windows buttons not working

1. windows 11 search and windows buttons not working - Similar Threads - search buttons working

2. Windows start button and search not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start button and search not working.: Windows start button and search not working after updating Windows 11 to 22H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-button-and-search-not-working/22085c48-4e9a-4d45-9123-c7a9c733b729
  3. Windows start button and search not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows start button and search not working.: Windows start button and search not working after updating Windows 11 to 22H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-button-and-search-not-working/22085c48-4e9a-4d45-9123-c7a9c733b729
  4. In Windows 11 start button and search is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11 start button and search is not working: In Windows 11 start button and search is not working, Please help me to resolve the issue with out re image the system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-11-start-button-and-search-is-not/69d985fc-c088-45b9-bcc4-95852102bb85
  5. In Windows 11 start button and search is not working

In Windows 11 start button and search is not working: In Windows 11 start button and search is not working, Please help me to resolve the issue with out re image the system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-11-start-button-and-search-is-not/69d985fc-c088-45b9-bcc4-95852102bb85
  6. windows 11 search and windows buttons not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 search and windows buttons not working: So when i click the search or windows button it just highlights it and doesnt open anything i tried opening settings with the shortcut and it doesnt work either....
  7. Windows Search And Windows Menu button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search And Windows Menu button not working: Hi All,Since from last few days we are facing an issue on organizational level suddenly Windows Menu button and search stopped working. We have tried solution from internet but no luck OS Version is Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2 OS Build 19044.1526.I am listing the...
  8. Windows Search And Windows Menu button not working

Windows Search And Windows Menu button not working: Hi All,Since from last few days we are facing an issue on organizational level suddenly Windows Menu button and search stopped working. We have tried solution from internet but no luck OS Version is Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2 OS Build 19044.1526.I am listing the...
  9. Windows Search And Windows Menu button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. search button not working

in Cortana
    search button not working: I can't get the search button to work on my taskbar or when wanting to search documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-button-not-working/0e0676d2-d025-4c93-90bf-38fe4312e468