Windows 10: Windows 11 Search bar does not response

Discus and support Windows 11 Search bar does not response in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My windows 11 search tool does not response, it just keeps running every time when I try to use it. Please help me out, very appreciate it.Long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by longnguyen_MD, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Search bar does not response

My windows 11 search tool does not response, it just keeps running every time when I try to use it. Please help me out, very appreciate it.Long

:)

longnguyen_MD, Mar 2, 2022
  2. John Vil Win User

Windows 10 Search bar

Hello Tucker,

For us to provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps and assist you better, we would like to ask a few more information regarding your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any significant hardware/software changes done on your computer prior to this happening?
    • To clarify, when you say Windows 10 search bar, are you referring to Cortana's search field?
    • Are you encountering any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Mar 2, 2022
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 2, 2022
  4. jbailey8 Win User

Windows 11 Search bar does not response

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Mar 2, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Search bar does not response

1. Windows 11 Search bar does not response - Similar Threads - Search bar does

2. search bar does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    search bar does not work: well, to begin the windows search bar wont work, it does not let me type anything , i tried to do a trouble shooting and this apears when i try to load the trouble shooting: "error 0x80131018" , i tried to open windows powershell but that only opens and closes itself...
  3. Search bar in windows 11 does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar in windows 11 does not work: Ever since I downloaded windows 11, I can't use the windows search bar to search for files.I have too many files to not have the ability to use the search.I've tried everything that the virtual assistant suggested. Does anybody know how I can reinstall it or fix it?I'm pretty...
  4. Search bar in windows 11 does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar in windows 11 does not work: Ever since I downloaded windows 11, I can't use the windows search bar to search for files.I have too many files to not have the ability to use the search.I've tried everything that the virtual assistant suggested. Does anybody know how I can reinstall it or fix it?I'm pretty...
  5. Windows 11 Search bar does not response

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Search bar does not response: My windows 11 search tool does not response, it just keeps running every time when I try to use it. Please help me out, very appreciate it.Long https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-search-bar-does-not-response/07f9d7b2-d7cc-4bbd-af8e-df424a84b21e
  6. Windows search bar does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search bar does not work: Hi team I just bought a Toshiba laptop with on Windows 10, version 20H2. I have a problem with a "window search". Not working. If you type in it and click to search, you will be wandering around with no result. I will be grateful if you could help me....
  7. Windows search bar does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search bar does not work: Hi team I just bought a Toshiba laptop with on Windows 10, version 20H2. I have a problem with a "window search". Not working. If you type in it and click to search, you will be wandering around with no result. I will be grateful if you could help me....
  8. Windows search bar does not work

in Cortana
  9. Windows start menu, search bar, and task manager not responsive!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start menu, search bar, and task manager not responsive!: Hi everyone! So I have been searching for ways to fix this issue but all solutions include using the start menu or task manager. Any suggestions for how to fix this? For reference here is everything that doesn't work: start menu search bar task manager cortana I...
  10. Search bar does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search bar does not work: I can not enter any item in the search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-does-not-work/aa1a60df-7d11-459c-97c5-e41a5cea64c6