Windows 10: Windows 11 & Secure Boot - safe to turn off temporarily?

Discus and support Windows 11 & Secure Boot - safe to turn off temporarily? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I currently have Windows 11 installed and I have Linux installed on another hard drive but can't access it due to Secure Boot. Is it safe for me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by regthesk8r, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Windows 11 & Secure Boot - safe to turn off temporarily?

I currently have Windows 11 installed and I have Linux installed on another hard drive but can't access it due to Secure Boot. Is it safe for me to turn off secure boot temporarily so I can boot into Linux without breaking the Windows 11 install, then reenable Secure Boot to go back into Windows 11?

:)

regthesk8r, Nov 29, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Nov 29, 2021
  4. coopfab Win User

Windows 11 & Secure Boot - safe to turn off temporarily?

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 & Secure Boot - safe to turn off temporarily?

1. Windows 11 & Secure Boot - safe to turn off temporarily? - Similar Threads - Secure Boot safe

2. Safe Search will not turn off in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Safe Search will not turn off in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Safe Search is very important especially when you have children at home. This can be a browser-specific setting or a Windows-specific one. Many users have reported that they are unable to turn OFF Safe Search on their Windows 11/10 system. If you encounter the same...
  3. Windows 11 turning off secure boot changed nothing??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 turning off secure boot changed nothing??: My Windows 11 Dell laptop has something called Secure Boot enabled on it, which requires a PIN be entered to boot to the desktop....To change this, I entered BIOS screen at boot up and disabled it, which in turn required me to enter an extremely LONG Recovery Key to boot up,...
  4. Windows 11 turning off secure boot changed nothing??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 turning off secure boot changed nothing??: My Windows 11 Dell laptop has something called Secure Boot enabled on it, which requires a PIN be entered to boot to the desktop....To change this, I entered BIOS screen at boot up and disabled it, which in turn required me to enter an extremely LONG Recovery Key to boot up,...
  5. Windows 11 & Secure Boot - safe to turn off temporarily?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 & Secure Boot - safe to turn off temporarily?: I currently have Windows 11 installed and I have Linux installed on another hard drive but can't access it due to Secure Boot. Is it safe for me to turn off secure boot temporarily so I can boot into Linux without breaking the Windows 11 install, then reenable Secure Boot to...
  6. turning off windows 10 safe boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    turning off windows 10 safe boot: Hello. yesterday my laptop's disk start working at 100% and i searched youtube to fix it. one of the suggestions was go on safe boot, restart and then tern off safe boot and restart again. unfortunately when i restart i couldn't sign in anymore because my password doesn't...
  7. Temporarily turn off protection.

Temporarily turn off protection.: Hello. I've been trying to run an executable but receive a message stating that Windows has prevented the .exe because it's unknown. Is there a way to temporarily allow this .exe to run? The message comes within a blue square.[ATTACH]...
  8. Temporarily Turn OFF Windows Defender

Temporarily Turn OFF Windows Defender: I know I have seen how to turn Defender on or off temporariy. I have searched on the internet but NONE that have seen tell me how to turn it off or on. I have the Security Center on my Task bar but I can NOT see anything in there to allow turning Defender on and off. The way...
  9. Temporarily Turn OFF Winows Defender

in Windows 10 Support
    Temporarily Turn OFF Winows Defender: I know I have seen how to turn Defender on or off temporariy. I have searched on the internet but NONE that have seen tell me how to turn it off or on. I have the Security Center on my Task bar but I can NOT see anything in there to allow turning Defender on and off. The way...
  10. Turning off secure boot/fast boot required?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning off secure boot/fast boot required?: As I get ready to do a clean install of 10074 I am curious about the need to disable secure boot and fast boot options. If I do disable secure boot do I need to enable legacy boot? I have had limited success with previous installs to a 2nd hard drive and the problems that...