Windows 10: Windows 11 Security and Maintenance Automatic Settings

Discus and support Windows 11 Security and Maintenance Automatic Settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 all versions to date....If you go to Control Panel>Security and Maintenance>Maintenance and set Automatic Maintenance to run Automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kirbster 1, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Windows 11 Security and Maintenance Automatic Settings

Windows 11 all versions to date....If you go to Control Panel>Security and Maintenance>Maintenance and set Automatic Maintenance to run Automatically and File History to run Daily, has anyone seen that File History does not run Daily as expected, but Auto Maint. will run everyday...sometimes multiple times a day.BUT, if you manually Start maintenance, at that time File History will run...Anyone know why this is doing this? 1st pic show Auto Maint ran at 10 something today the 10th, and File History was last run on the 8th.2nd pic I manually started maintenance and when I started it manua

:)

kirbster 1, Jul 10, 2024
  2. Rong Jie Win User

Questions about Automatic Maintenance

I am not sure if there is a better name for Automatic Maintenance, I am referring to Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance > Maintenance > Automatic Maintenance.

How I know defragmentation is part of Automatic Maintenance:

• Open Defragmenter.
    • Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance > Maintenance > Automatic Maintenance.
    • Start Maintenance.
    • Go back to defragmenter, you will see it starts running.
    Since Automatic Maintenance will try to run during idle time and defragmentation is part of it, my HDD is being (partially) defragmented everyday. Is it harmful to my HDD?

Rong Jie, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Cos_ Win User
    Windows 11 Home Missing Notifications for Security and Maintenance

Is Windows 11 Home supposed to have a Security and Maintenance notification option or provide notifications for when a Windows Defender Scan is Run?

I recently bought a new Dell with Windows 11 Home.

I uninstalled McAfee 1st thing. Both through windows and then again via a new download from McAfee for MCPR.exe

I never get notifications that Windows Defender has run periodically.

I checked Task Scheduler and even added a start of 7:00am with help from a MicroSoft Tech.

Unlike Windows 10 Pro

On my Win 11 Home PC;
    Settings (Also says "System") / "Notifications" / "Notifications from Apps and other senders";
    There is a short list of apps...
    There is NOT an on/off choice for
    Security and Maintenance (or anything resembling such)

I read thread at:

Redirecting

Answer below Tells you how to schedule Maintenance in control panel.

Are Windows Defender Scans in included in control panel Maintenance. I just ran a manual one. It completed, but no where do I see results or get notified a scan was even run.

Interesting, but; how do you get the results of the automatic scan?

Where are the notifications?

Is Windows 11 Home supposed to have a Security and Maintenance notification option or provide notifications for when a Windows Defender Scan is Run?

4. dalchina Win User

Windows 11 Security and Maintenance Automatic Settings

Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance ignoring my settings

Hi, I can understand your concern.

You may find the description of the time at which this runs here of interest:
    Change Automatic Maintenance Settings in Windows 10

This suggests the task would not run if the computer is deemed 'busy'.

Also:
    Specify Automatic Maintenance Time to Run in Windows 10
    (Notice in the tutorials group policy is given first, the registry equivalent for Home follows).

This may be of interest:
    View All Automatic Maintenance Tasks in Windows 10

whilst
    Enable or Disable Scheduled System Maintenance in Windows
    might be useful should you wish to ensure it is not run at some point.

This may be of interest on stopping shortcut removal, although the final comment suggests it isn't effective.
    Preventing Windows from automatically removing broken desktop shortcuts - Super User

dalchina, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 Security and Maintenance Automatic Settings

1. Windows 11 Security and Maintenance Automatic Settings - Similar Threads - Security Maintenance Automatic

2. Windows 11 Security and Maintenance Automatic Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Security and Maintenance Automatic Settings: Windows 11 all versions to date....If you go to Control Panel>Security and Maintenance>Maintenance and set Automatic Maintenance to run Automatically and File History to run Daily, has anyone seen that File History does not run Daily as expected, but Auto Maint. will run...
  3. Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance ignoring my settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance ignoring my settings: Windows 10 Pro 1909 (18363.592). So I set my automatic maintenance to 8am as I will often be doing things in the night/early morning. For instance I record a podcast with some friends in america sometimes, and I'll be doing this between 1.30am to sometimes as late as 7am, so...
  4. Problem regarding security and maintenance settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem regarding security and maintenance settings: I can't disable some security and maintenance settings (the windows update, microsoft account, spyware and unwanted software protection, windows activation, device software, startup apps and homegroup [I thought Windows 10 had removed homegroup] ones since it won't let me...
  5. Security and Maintenance settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security and Maintenance settings: I am unable to activate real time protection in Windows Defender. I was advised to uncheck Spyware and unwanted software protection In change security and maintenance settings. The box is checked but it is grayed out so I an unable to uncheck it....
  6. Automatic Maintenance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Maintenance: This feature was accessed about 45 minutes ago and is still running. How do I get it to complete the maintenance, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-maintenance/40119d17-0c2e-41b4-9982-19d4ec0cfe38
  7. Accessing Security & Maintenance from Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing Security & Maintenance from Settings: I sometimes search for Security in the Settings app to find the option for Security & Maintenance. This no longer works in my admin account on my desktop PC running v1709. Nothing happens when I click on Security & Maintenance in the search box (see below) but it works fine...
  8. Automatic Maintenance Bug?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic Maintenance Bug?: I did am no Malware. Also it has not done it again since the reboot.
  9. Backup and Restore Security and Maintenance Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Security and Maintenance Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Security and Maintenance Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Security and Maintenance Settings for Messages in Windows 10 By default, Windows will automatically check for security and maintenance problems and send you a message...
  10. Change Automatic Maintenance Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Automatic Maintenance Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change Automatic Maintenance Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Automatic Maintenance Settings in Windows 10 Maintenance activity refers to an application or process that helps maintain the health and performance of a Windows PC. Maintenance includes keeping...