Windows 10: Windows 11 Security App's Exploit Protection

Discus and support Windows 11 Security App's Exploit Protection in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a question about something I'm seeing on my mom's new PC. I'm just going through the normal setup process to make sure the PC is protected and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SnookerPhil, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Windows 11 Security App's Exploit Protection

I have a question about something I'm seeing on my mom's new PC. I'm just going through the normal setup process to make sure the PC is protected and ready for her but I'm not familiar with windows 11 or the Windows Security application. I see there's an exploit protection area that allows customization under the Program Settings tab and my question is are there supposed to be any files already listed there automatically? I didn't add anything there but clview, excelcnv, ExtExport & graph all executables are there. Is this normal and if so is it something I should change? Thanks for any

:)

SnookerPhil, Dec 14, 2021
  2. EmilDK Win User

Windows Security Exploit Protection settings

Dear all

In Windows Security > App- and browser control > Exploit Protection > Program settings

There is a list of .exe files and you can add more prorgrams

What are those .exe files on the list?
    What does this list do?

Under some of the .exe files, it says "1 detention by system"
    What does that mean?

Thanks in advance for replying

Best regards

EmilDK, Dec 14, 2021
  3. Exploit Protection Settings

Open Windows Defender Security Center and click on
    App & browser control
    and there find Exploit protection settings
    and you could change settings for Exploit protection from there.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Dec 14, 2021
  4. Windows 11 Security App's Exploit Protection

Exploit Protection Settings

The Exploit Protection settings are preconfigured; and home users should generally just leave them alone:

The Use default configuration for each of the mitigation settings indicates our recommendation for a base level of protection for everyday usage for home users. Enterprise deployments should consider the protection required for
    their individual needs and may need to modify configuration away from the defaults.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...er-exploit-guard/customize-exploit-protection

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...xploit-guard/exploit-protection-exploit-guard

The preconfigured applications have been optimized by Microsoft – and adding customizations for other apps requires both a rationale and an understanding of the potential consequences, since haphazardly changing the default settings for an app can
    easily render it dysfunctional.

It’s ironic that these application mitigations are exposed in the Windows Defender Security Center interface, while the safe and simple Windows Defender configuration options are only available via the PowerShell Set-MpPreference command line:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/defender/set-mppreference?view=win10-ps

The Set-MpPreference cmdlet now also includes the parameters for Attack Surface Reduction and Block at First Sight:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ion-rate/09e71b77-e9d3-418f-9746-cd529235ed14

GreginMich, Dec 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 Security App's Exploit Protection

1. Windows 11 Security App's Exploit Protection - Similar Threads - Security App's Exploit

2. windows antivirus{security}and windows firewall and exploit protection and TPM they all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows antivirus{security}and windows firewall and exploit protection and TPM they all...: Hello I have a serious problem. when i start up laptop everything is set correct. then when i go to few different web sites or youtube When I am finished reading or watching something and want to click on anywhere on the web page and nothing clicks. The only way to close the...
  3. windows antivirus{security}and windows firewall and exploit protection and TPM they all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows antivirus{security}and windows firewall and exploit protection and TPM they all...: Hello I have a serious problem. when i start up laptop everything is set correct. then when i go to few different web sites or youtube When I am finished reading or watching something and want to click on anywhere on the web page and nothing clicks. The only way to close the...
  4. Windows 11 Security App's Exploit Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Security App's Exploit Protection: I have a question about something I'm seeing on my mom's new PC. I'm just going through the normal setup process to make sure the PC is protected and ready for her but I'm not familiar with windows 11 or the Windows Security application. I see there's an exploit protection...
  5. Question related to Exploit Protection in Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question related to Exploit Protection in Windows Security: Hello, ive got a question here i checked in Exploit Protection in Windows Security that there is this Systemsettings.exe, PresentationHost.exe and other programs or applications there what happens if i remove the PresentationHost.exe i already done that and i checked in...
  6. Windows Security Exploit Protection settings

Windows Security Exploit Protection settings: Dear all In Windows Security > App- and browser control > Exploit Protection > Program settings There is a list of .exe files and you can add more prorgrams 1. What are those .exe files on the list? What does this list do? 2. Under some of the .exe files, it says "1 detention...
  7. ASLR (Windows Security>App & browser control>Exploit protection)

ASLR (Windows Security>App & browser control>Exploit protection): Pro 2004 My analysis : [img] Effectively no ASLR, am I wrong? http://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...bottom-up-aslr 170869
  8. Is This Normal? Exploit Protection.

Is This Normal? Exploit Protection.: Earlier this week I noticed strange activity on my network and my personal laptop, particularly. I am running Windows 10 Home Version: 2004 OS Build 19041.572 I stumbled upon the Exploit Protection settings accidentally. Everything was turned off. As in, every app, every...
  9. Exploit protection windows 10

Exploit protection windows 10: There are four programs with system overrides enabled. ExtExport.exe, ie4uinit.exe, ieinstall.exe and ielowutil.exe. "Force randomization for images Mandatory ASLR" All four have override checked and are set to on. All the system settings are set at default. Web searches......
  10. Exploit protection settings

Exploit protection settings: 1. I do not understand the "System settings" options under EXPLOIT PROTECTION in Windows Defender set up section. What does "Use default on vs. "On by default mean? What is the safest? 2, What is SEHOP? What is "heap integrity" What is "High-entropy ASLR...