Windows 10: Windows 11 security

Discus and support Windows 11 security in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just bought a new computer with an SSD with Windows 10 on it. I installed my free update to Windows 11. All works fine so far, but I discovered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by geordiejohn62, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Windows 11 security

I have just bought a new computer with an SSD with Windows 10 on it. I installed my free update to Windows 11. All works fine so far, but I discovered I have McAfee virus checker on it for 30 days. Is it safe for me to uninstall McAfee? Much prefer to use the Windows virus checker.

:)

geordiejohn62, Oct 17, 2021
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Adobe Flash message in IE 11

Hi Sandra,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you disable the add-ons in Internet Explorer 11. For step by step instructions, go to this

link
    , then look for the title Turning off and removing add-ons.

We also suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 through these steps:

• Go to Internet Explorer then click the Gear icon.
    • Choose Internet options > Advanced.
    • Click Reset.

(Note: If you have added Favorites, back up them first before resetting the browser. )

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Regards.

Karla Alm, Oct 17, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 11 security

IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 security

1. Windows 11 security - Similar Threads - security

2. I was notified on my laptop that I had a Microsoft security breach. This led me to be hacked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I was notified on my laptop that I had a Microsoft security breach. This led me to be hacked.: I was notified that I was hacked by Microsoft, which led me to be a victim of phone fraud, all the while being led to believe I was talking to you....
  3. I was notified on my laptop that I had a Microsoft security breach. This led me to be hacked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was notified on my laptop that I had a Microsoft security breach. This led me to be hacked.: I was notified that I was hacked by Microsoft, which led me to be a victim of phone fraud, all the while being led to believe I was talking to you....
  4. I was notified on my laptop that I had a Microsoft security breach. This led me to be hacked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I keep receiving a pop-up asking me to sign in to Windows Security to download my calendar...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep receiving a pop-up asking me to sign in to Windows Security to download my calendar...: I have tried all my user names and passwords i.e. microsoft, admin, and yahoo but it has not fixed the issue. I also receive a message Microsoft OutlookAccess to the resource was denied. If you have signed into and saved your Microsoft account with a Web site, sign out of...
  6. I keep receiving a pop-up asking me to sign in to Windows Security to download my calendar...

I keep receiving a pop-up asking me to sign in to Windows Security to download my calendar...: I have tried all my user names and passwords i.e. microsoft, admin, and yahoo but it has not fixed the issue. I also receive a message Microsoft OutlookAccess to the resource was denied. If you have signed into and saved your Microsoft account with a Web site, sign out of...
  7. I keep receiving a pop-up asking me to sign in to Windows Security to download my calendar...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser: I've attempted to set usage restrictions and time limits on Avast Secure Browser using Microsoft Family settings on my child's laptop, but they're not effective. She's using this browser as an alternative to bypass the parental controls on Edge. Despite Microsoft Family's...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser

Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser: I've attempted to set usage restrictions and time limits on Avast Secure Browser using Microsoft Family settings on my child's laptop, but they're not effective. She's using this browser as an alternative to bypass the parental controls on Edge. Despite Microsoft Family's...
  10. Event Log local policy settings not working properly in W11 23H2, security log filing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Log local policy settings not working properly in W11 23H2, security log filing up.: Hi All,We're in the process of setting up our W11 deployment process and one of the options we're looking at is deploying W11 as an upgrade to W10 through SCCM. However, we've come across an odd issue as part of our testing.For fully up-to-date W11 23H2 deployments either as...