Windows 10: Windows 11 seemingly reports being "out of memory" even though not even half my memory is used.

Discus and support Windows 11 seemingly reports being "out of memory" even though not even half my memory is used. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, all kinds of software start reporting "being out of memory" browser tabs crashing with the "out_of_memory" error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by XerneraC, Oct 22, 2021.

1. XerneraC Win User

Windows 11 seemingly reports being "out of memory" even though not even half my memory is used.

Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, all kinds of software start reporting "being out of memory" browser tabs crashing with the "out_of_memory" error code, programs reporting being unable to allocate more memory to debug outputs, etc.. Whenever I check task manager though, usually not even half my physical memory is in use. What could be causing this issue?PC Specs:Ryzen 1700 with firmware TPM32 GB RAMASUS X370 MotherboardRX 5700XTWindows 11 Pro Build 22000.282I am aware, that my CPU is not officially supported, but I can't really see how that would cause issues with my memory.

:)

XerneraC, Oct 22, 2021

2. Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 22, 2021
  3. HP stream wont update windows 10 , not enough memory

To further assist you, we suggest that you run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. Refer to the steps provided below:

• On the Start screen, type memory.
    • Click Settings and then click the result Diagnose your computer's memory problems.
    • Select the option to run the tool.

We also suggest you to temporarily disable the antivirus as it consumes more memory and then try to upgrade.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 22, 2021
  4. Windows 11 seemingly reports being "out of memory" even though not even half my memory is used.

[Win10]Memory leak?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for showing interest in Windows 10 and we are glad to assist you.

I suggest you to stop the game from the Task Manager and run the Windows Memory Diagnostic.

Follow the below steps to run Windows Memory Diagnostic:

• Type memory diagnostic in the search bar and click on the
      Windows Memory Diagnostic.

• Click on Restart now and check for the problems (Recommended).

If you need any further assistance with Windows then let us know. We would be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 seemingly reports being "out of memory" even though not even half my memory is used.

1. Windows 11 seemingly reports being "out of memory" even though not even half my memory is used. - Similar Threads - seemingly reports being

2. Pagefile.sys high storage even though i dont use lots of memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pagefile.sys high storage even though i dont use lots of memory: So i read things that pagefile.sys is used when something is using too much memory so it uses that. Mine is set to defult and it made my pagefile.sys too 11.5Gb even though i dont use much memory. My computer has 16GB of memory and when im playing roblox only thing i rlly use...
  3. Pagefile.sys high storage even though i dont use lots of memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pagefile.sys high storage even though i dont use lots of memory: So i read things that pagefile.sys is used when something is using too much memory so it uses that. Mine is set to defult and it made my pagefile.sys too 11.5Gb even though i dont use much memory. My computer has 16GB of memory and when im playing roblox only thing i rlly use...
  4. Pagefile.sys high storage even though i dont use lots of memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 seemingly reports being "out of memory" even though not even half my memory is used.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 seemingly reports being "out of memory" even though not even half my memory is used.: Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, all kinds of software start reporting "being out of memory" browser tabs crashing with the "out_of_memory" error code, programs reporting being unable to allocate more memory to debug outputs, etc.. Whenever I check task manager though,...
  6. My memory is stack in 50% even though I'm not doing anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My memory is stack in 50% even though I'm not doing anything: Can someone help me I'm using this laptop for almost 6 months and I notice that it became slower[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-memory-is-stack-in-50-even-though-im-not-doing/2267abe3-1c7e-4f0f-8986-7c7f030fd169
  7. Getting "out of memory" errors even though pagefile is not full

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting "out of memory" errors even though pagefile is not full: So, RAM-hungry apps such as chrome or games often give me this error. Also, sometimes, everything in the computer begins to misbehave, freeze and crash as if there was really not enough memory, but it only shows like 18GB/46GB "Committed" in task manager. It just started...
  8. Hyper V can't allocate memory even though tons of memory are available...

Hyper V can't allocate memory even though tons of memory are available...: Hello I stumbled upon a very frustrating issue where HyperV "Cant" allocate memory and I think a picture is worth a thousand words: [ATTACH] Could you kindly walk me through this absurd? Thank you...
  9. Half of memory being used on nothing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Half of memory being used on nothing.: I'm not sure when this started, but recently I have noticed that even with no programs open(other than task manager itself), half of my available ram(7.8GB) is being used(5.9GB) by nothing. All the services definetely don't add up to 6GB. Does anyone have an idea of what...
  10. Memory full warnings even though I have 6GB physical memory available

Memory full warnings even though I have 6GB physical memory available: I constantly get memory full warnings in Windows 10, but I don't use much memory at all. See attached photo. I'm so tired of this, is Windows really this horrible at managing memory? I have tried setting the page file to custom size 3000-5000MB (Recommended is 2931MB)....