Windows 10: Windows 11 Settings, Verify Identity issue with family accounts

Discus and support Windows 11 Settings, Verify Identity issue with family accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Wow, windows support is driving me nuts. They claim I am signed into a work account, which I am not, so won't chat with me. I am setting up a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichaelRainey, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Settings, Verify Identity issue with family accounts

Wow, windows support is driving me nuts. They claim I am signed into a work account, which I am not, so won't chat with me. I am setting up a new Surface Pro for my daughter is a member of my family account. It has Windows 11 Home. In settings there is an alert that says to verify identity. The SP is set up with HER Microsoft account. When I click on Verify Identity, it shows HER email address but then says it will send a link to MY email address to sync passwords and settings across all devices. I obviously do not want to sync my passwords to her devices. There seems be be no explanation of t

:)

MichaelRainey, Jun 15, 2022

2. I Can't Verify Identity of User Account on Windows 10

Please ... I can't verify the identity of my Windows user account (Microsoft Account) on Windows 10 on my laptop. But, I can access my Outlook Email and Microsoft Account that connected to that Windows user account. I upgraded the security info to my latest mobile number, because I lost my handphone.

When I verify the identity of user account in Settings> Accounts> Your Info > Verify ...

Windows 11 Settings, Verify Identity issue with family accounts [​IMG]

There is no choice for my latest mobile number, but ONLY option for my old number. Next, according to the instructions provided, I chose the "I don't have any of these" option and click "Update Online" then updating my Microsoft account's info security,..

but when I am back to the Settings, there is still no option for my latest mobile number. I have tried to click it many times, but my latest mobile number is not listed. So I still can't verify my identity of my Windows account.

I have repeatedly tried this, including updating the security info about my latest mobile number for my Microsoft account and then restarting Windows 10, but there is still no choice of my latest number for identity verification.

However, I can verify identity on the Administrator account on Windows 10 on the same laptop.

So... What should I do? Is it important to verify the identity of a Microsoft user account in Windows 10? Can I change the Microsoft email address on a Windows account that has already been created?

aderabalan, Jun 15, 2022
  3. I Can't Verify Identity of User Account on Windows 10

Wow, Brink! Thanks for your fast response. Yes I did add my current phone number to replace my old phone number as an alias for this Microsoft account:

I also did add to my "Security settings" for my Microsoft account:

After I did those procedures, it is very weird that there is STILL no option for my current phone number. The option exists just for my old phone number:

I have repeatedly tried this then did restart my Windows 10 so many times.
    Is there an option or any tricks to disconnect the email that related to this Windows user account then change it with new Microsoft email?

aderabalan, Jun 15, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Settings, Verify Identity issue with family accounts

Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

I need to verify my identity for my Microsoft account as I have a different cell phone number now.
    --- How do I do that?
    Everything else is the same as far as I know.
    Maybe I'll find out something different but now is the time to find out.
    My Windows version number is 1903 (OS Build 18362.418)

MeAndMyComputer, Jun 15, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Settings, Verify Identity issue with family accounts

1. Windows 11 Settings, Verify Identity issue with family accounts - Similar Threads - Settings Verify Identity

2. Windows 11 Settings, Verify Identity issue with family accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Settings, Verify Identity issue with family accounts: Wow, windows support is driving me nuts. They claim I am signed into a work account, which I am not, so won't chat with me. I am setting up a new Surface Pro for my daughter is a member of my family account. It has Windows 11 Home. In settings there is an alert that says to...
  3. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  4. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  5. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Verify Identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verify Identity: I am attempting to verify my identity on my Windows account but every time I try, I receive a message saying that I could not sign in due to "An illegal state change was requested." How can I fix this problem? [ATTACH]...
  7. Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify my identity for my Microsoft account: I need to verify my identity for my Microsoft account as I have a different cell phone number now. --- How do I do that? Everything else is the same as far as I know. Maybe I'll find out something different but now is the time to find out. My Windows version number is 1903...
  8. CAN'T VERIFY IDENTITY OF USER ACCOUNT ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    CAN'T VERIFY IDENTITY OF USER ACCOUNT ON WINDOWS 10: Please ... I can't verify the identity of my Windows user account (Microsoft Account) on Windows 10 on my laptop. But, I can access my Outlook Email and Microsoft Account that connected to that Windows user account. I upgraded the security info to my latest mobile number,...
  9. Verify your identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Verify your identity: A while ago I was asked to verify my identity before logging in. Windows sent me a verification code by email, had me change my password, and everything went smoothly. It asked me to verify again today, but I saw an X in the top right corner, so I clicked it because I had...
  10. Can't verify Outlook account identity

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't verify Outlook account identity: I have a problem on a new Dell machine running the current Windows 10 Home version 1709 OS build 16299.192 every thing is up to date and no viruses etc. I can’t log in to Outlook.com via the Outlook.com link on the Bing homepage either using Edge or Explorer, it just hangs...