Windows 10: Windows 11 Settings you should change right away

Discus and support Windows 11 Settings you should change right away in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows 11 is officially rolled out for the general public and it has quite some features to watch out for. One such feature is its Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 13, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows 11 Settings you should change right away

Windows 11 Settings you should change right away windows-11-settings-you-should-change-right-away-2.png
    Windows 11 is officially rolled out for the general public and it has quite some features to watch out for. One such feature is its Settings app that is redesigned and enhanced to suit modern users. You can also make changes to some default settings to improve your overall experience of using the new Windows […]

This article Windows 11 Settings you should change right away first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Oct 13, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Internet Explorer help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Windows 11 Settings you should change right away

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 Settings you should change right away

1. Windows 11 Settings you should change right away - Similar Threads - Settings should change

2. Should I stay away from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I stay away from Windows 11: Hi I am just trying to figure out if Microsoft have fixed any issues with the windows 11 22h2 update. The reasons I am asking are as follows.October last year my PC did the 22h2 update and there was no wat I knew to stop it and also in the past I have had no issues.This time...
  3. Should I stay away from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I stay away from Windows 11: Hi I am just trying to figure out if Microsoft have fixed any issues with the windows 11 22h2 update. The reasons I am asking are as follows.October last year my PC did the 22h2 update and there was no wat I knew to stop it and also in the past I have had no issues.This time...
  4. Should you install the Windows 11 2022 Update right away?

in Windows 10 News
    Should you install the Windows 11 2022 Update right away?: Microsoft has not announced the official release date for the first Windows 11 feature update yet, but hints suggests that it may drop on September 20, 2022. With the release of a new feature update comes a question: should you install the Windows 11 2022 Update right away on...
  5. Should you upgrade to Windows 11 for gaming?

in Windows 10 News
    Should you upgrade to Windows 11 for gaming?: Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system has been out for almost two weeks at this point. The operating system is available via Windows Update on compatible devices only, but can also be downloaded and installed on devices that do not meet Windows 11's minimal system...
  6. Things that Windows 11 should get right!!! Windows should NOT be a service anymore!!!...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Things that Windows 11 should get right!!! Windows should NOT be a service anymore!!!...: Microsoft better get their **** **** together and better get things right with Windows 11otherwise things will not end up pretty. And i am close to smashing my Windows 10 laptop to **** piecesbecause Christmas 2019 was the worst Christmas i've ever had and i lost my decent...
  7. Windows Security Closes Right Away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Closes Right Away: As soon as I open Protection history Windows security closes. I want to restore files on a USB which have been removed by windows security. [Original Title: Windows Security]...
  8. Should you install the Windows 10 20H2 update right away?

in Windows 10 News
    Should you install the Windows 10 20H2 update right away?: The next feature update for Windows 10, Windows 10 20H2, will be released soon. Microsoft has not revealed the exact date the update will become available, but chance is very high that this is either going to happen in the coming three weeks. The update will be made...
  9. 1809.. It sounded aways away right

1809.. It sounded aways away right: Hey people I am days into activating my Windows 10 Pro because my windows.old software was deleted and no one knows what to do. Fact is Microsoft keep's updating me. Today I got 1809..why? I can not activate it. I have been an Insider for years and years my friends. I am an...
  10. 1809.. It sounded aways away right

1809.. It sounded aways away right: Hey people I am days into activating my Windows 10 Pro because my windows.old software was deleted and no one knows what to do. Fact is Microsoft keep's updating me. Today I got 1809..why? I can not activate it. I have been an Insider for years and years my friends. I am an...