Windows 10: Windows 11 Setup forcing me to format my drives

Discus and support Windows 11 Setup forcing me to format my drives in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello ! I've been trying to install Windows 11 using the installation assistant, but have come short because I'm forced to wipe my disks as it's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TristanJouve, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Windows 11 Setup forcing me to format my drives

Hello ! I've been trying to install Windows 11 using the installation assistant, but have come short because I'm forced to wipe my disks as it's the only option available. the 2 other options are grayed out I haven't seen anyone else with my problem concerning Windows 11 which is worrying. I have already seen and tried the solution that consists of deleting a previous update, but it hasn't worked. I'm running Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1266 and my 500GB SSD has windows on it. I have all the required hardware for Windows 11 including TPM 2.0 firmware. Help is appreciated :

:)

TristanJouve, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 Setup forcing me to format my drives

1. Windows 11 Setup forcing me to format my drives - Similar Threads - Setup forcing format

2. Force boot to setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Force boot to setup: I want to reinstall windows, but when I boot from the USB, it runs the already installed system instead of coming up with the setup/installationHow to force the setup ?I even disabled the internal hard disk from the bios...
  3. My pc is forcing windows 11 on me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is forcing windows 11 on me: so ive been on windows 11 and find it uncomfortable now my pc is forcing me to go to windows 11 idk what to rly do now i need help to stay on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-forcing-windows-11-on-me/bcd3d71c-1c91-43bf-9708-12ca5d32a6af
  4. My pc is forcing windows 11 on me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is forcing windows 11 on me: so ive been on windows 11 and find it uncomfortable now my pc is forcing me to go to windows 11 idk what to rly do now i need help to stay on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-forcing-windows-11-on-me/bcd3d71c-1c91-43bf-9708-12ca5d32a6af
  5. My pc is forcing windows 11 on me

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 11 Setup forcing me to format my drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Setup forcing me to format my drives: Hello ! I've been trying to install Windows 11 using the installation assistant, but have come short because I'm forced to wipe my disks as it's the only option available. the 2 other options are grayed out I haven't seen anyone else with my problem concerning Windows 11...
  7. Latest update forced me to format my computer and install windows 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update forced me to format my computer and install windows 1909: Updated windows to the latest version yesterday. After this I started getting screen tearing in videos which is weird but I didn't necessarily blame on the update. The next occurence was that every single game began crashing withyn 5 to 10 minutes, followed by my display...
  8. I see my D drive, but I cannot open it and forces me to format it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I see my D drive, but I cannot open it and forces me to format it.: So about a month ago, my computer randomly was missing the D drive, and I couldn't find it for weeks. Then about 2 weeks ago, it suddenly pops up back into my file directory, but it doesn't show the storage bar or the amount of memory inside. Whenever I double click to open...
  9. Forcing setup of OneDrive?

Forcing setup of OneDrive?: I was trying to clear the yellow exclamation mark on the Defender system tray icon. This led to web searches. This led to the proposition that within Ransomware settings that OneDrive setup could be DISMISSED. Well, it can't be dismissed. There is no option for that. My...
  10. Annoying problem forcing me to format

Annoying problem forcing me to format: For the past couple of months my computer has been frequently disconnecting. It seems to happen mostly in the morning but can happen at various times of the day. These disconnections typically last a second or two. But sometimes I have to replug the powerline adaptor. I am...