Windows 10: Windows 11 Setup says I can't keep my files, apps, and settings.

Discus and support Windows 11 Setup says I can't keep my files, apps, and settings. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been getting the Windows 11 Setup error that says, "Your files, apps, and settings can't be kept because your current version of Windows might be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BasetGadry, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Windows 11 Setup says I can't keep my files, apps, and settings.

I've been getting the Windows 11 Setup error that says, "Your files, apps, and settings can't be kept because your current version of Windows might be installed in an unsupported directory or you're trying to install an older version of Windows." I'm in Windows 11 Dev Channel build 22468.1000. I tried Windows 11 Installation Assistant but when it goes to the installation stage, it closes and launches Windows Setup. Windows Setup then says that error, when I close it the Installation Assistant says it ran into an error. Please help me, I don't want to remove all my files! Thank you!

:)

BasetGadry, Oct 27, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Oct 27, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 27, 2021
  4. Windows 11 Setup says I can't keep my files, apps, and settings.

Can't setup iCloud account in the People app

I am trying to add my iCloud account to the People app in Windows 10 (Fall Creator's Edition).

My steps:

1. I start the People app and click Add Accounts.
    2. I select iCloud from the list. For email address, I enter my login email address for iCloud. For Send your messages..., I enter my name. And then the iCloud password. And then click Sign in.
    3. It says Your account was setup successfully, but then when I dismiss the dialog, it says
      Windows 11 Setup says I can't keep my files, apps, and settings. YqVPy.png

What am I missing? Why does it not connect?

Windows 11 Setup says I can't keep my files, apps, and settings. CYbS7.png

AngryHacker, Oct 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 Setup says I can't keep my files, apps, and settings.

1. Windows 11 Setup says I can't keep my files, apps, and settings. - Similar Threads - Setup says can't

2. windows 11 setup is not giving me the option to keep my files and apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 setup is not giving me the option to keep my files and apps: I have seen people saying changing the language will solve the problem so I have tried it and it didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-setup-is-not-giving-me-the-option-to/25e47c53-de37-4bca-b08e-e37722dee544
  3. windows 11 setup is not giving me the option to keep my files and apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 setup is not giving me the option to keep my files and apps: I have seen people saying changing the language will solve the problem so I have tried it and it didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-setup-is-not-giving-me-the-option-to/25e47c53-de37-4bca-b08e-e37722dee544
  4. I CAN'T SET DEFAULT APP FOR MY FILES ON WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I CAN'T SET DEFAULT APP FOR MY FILES ON WINDOWS 11: Hello,I tried setting a default media player for my mp4 movies but realized the "CHOOSE ANOTHER APP" command isn't responding from the "OPEN WITH >" menu list. Also, I tried setting the default app from the "PROPERTIES DIALOG BOX" still got no response when clicked. All these...
  5. I CAN'T SET DEFAULT APP FOR MY FILES ON WINDOWS 11

I CAN'T SET DEFAULT APP FOR MY FILES ON WINDOWS 11: Hello,I tried setting a default media player for my mp4 movies but realized the "CHOOSE ANOTHER APP" command isn't responding from the "OPEN WITH >" menu list. Also, I tried setting the default app from the "PROPERTIES DIALOG BOX" still got no response when clicked. All these...
  6. Can't keep my files, settings and apps after updating from Windows 7 to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't keep my files, settings and apps after updating from Windows 7 to Windows 11: Hello, can you help me keep all my files, settings and apps after updating from Windows 7 to Windows 11. The function is not available. How can I fix this?...
  7. Can't keep my files, settings and apps after updating from Windows 7 to Windows 11

Can't keep my files, settings and apps after updating from Windows 7 to Windows 11: Hello, can you help me keep all my files, settings and apps after updating from Windows 7 to Windows 11. The function is not available. How can I fix this?...
  8. Windows 11 Setup says I can't keep my files, apps, and settings.

Windows 11 Setup says I can't keep my files, apps, and settings.: I've been getting the Windows 11 Setup error that says, "Your files, apps, and settings can't be kept because your current version of Windows might be installed in an unsupported directory or you're trying to install an older version of Windows." I'm in Windows 11 Dev Channel...
  9. Windows 11 Can't Keep files and settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Can't Keep files and settings: Way to bypass this and keep the files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-cant-keep-files-and-settings/e7e90515-9af6-4967-bbfd-7f98ee1580a0
  10. Windows 11 Can't Keep files and settings

Windows 11 Can't Keep files and settings: Way to bypass this and keep the files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-cant-keep-files-and-settings/e7e90515-9af6-4967-bbfd-7f98ee1580a0