Windows 10: Windows 11 - Shift + F10 no longer displaying the context menu? Remap a key to display the...

Discus and support Windows 11 - Shift + F10 no longer displaying the context menu? Remap a key to display the... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; tl;dr: F10 key works, Shift key works, but pressing them together Shift + F10 does nothing. Works fine in Safe Mode.I've only been using Windows 11 for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by J F5, Dec 7, 2022.

1. J F5 Win User

Windows 11 - Shift + F10 no longer displaying the context menu? Remap a key to display the...

tl;dr: F10 key works, Shift key works, but pressing them together Shift + F10 does nothing. Works fine in Safe Mode.I've only been using Windows 11 for about a week on a new laptop.I was enjoying the Shift + F10 keyboard shortcut, which mimics the mouse right-click action by displaying a context menu. I think some pe

:)

J F5, Dec 7, 2022
  2. Ryan_D_M Win User

Shift + F10 NOT working to open Context Menu in Excel; Only works when Windows button is pressed as well

Hi -

When I press SHIFT + F10 in Excel, the context menu (aka, the formatting menu) does
    not open. Yes, I have changed the function ("Fn") settings and gone into the BIOS menu on set-up to force the computer to use the basic functions assigned to the F1 - F12 keys.

However, SHIFT + F10 will ONLY open the context menu when the Windows button is pressed as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Ryan

Ryan_D_M, Dec 7, 2022
  3. Shift +F10 not working.

This is a bug in the windows 11 ARM build, To fix that you need to do as follow

1. Press 'fn+shift+f10'
    2. Press 'option+tab'
    3. Then you will see a UAC window, move to that window by pressing 'option+tab' and then press 'yes' button
    Then CMD will be opened

Navpreet Singh Devpuri, Dec 7, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

Windows 11 - Shift + F10 no longer displaying the context menu? Remap a key to display the...

Any suggestion how to remap keyboard [Enter] > [Shift-Enter]?

I've used SharpKeys successfully to remap keys.
    - I remapped Delete key to the Insert key when the former was defective
    - On another computer, I remapped t to ` [again because a key was not working correctly]
    You would remap Shift-Enter to Enter

Windows 11 - Shift + F10 no longer displaying the context menu? Remap a key to display the... [​IMG]

You can select keys from the list or, as illustrated here, you can select Type key and press the key / key combination you want.

But you do realise that you'll lose the ability to press Enter?
    - You don't say why you want to do this so I can only guess that the 'normal' Enter function would sometimes be needed.
    - You could also remap Enter to Shift-Enter so you would still have the function available for use.

Best of luck,
    Denis

Try3, Dec 7, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 - Shift + F10 no longer displaying the context menu? Remap a key to display the... - Similar Threads - Shift F10 longer

2. Windows 11 - Shift + F10 no longer displaying the right-click context menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Shift + F10 no longer displaying the right-click context menu?: When I press Shift + F10 together, I no longer see the right-click / context menu.If I start in Safe Mode, it works.I have tried also pressing the Fn key. Both the F10 key and the Shift keys work fine on their own. But when I press them together, nothing happens. Is there any...
  3. Windows 11 - Shift + F10 no longer displaying the right-click context menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Shift + F10 no longer displaying the right-click context menu?: When I press Shift + F10 together, I no longer see the right-click / context menu.If I start in Safe Mode, it works.I have tried also pressing the Fn key. Both the F10 key and the Shift keys work fine on their own. But when I press them together, nothing happens. Is there any...
  4. Windows Context Menu not displaying all options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Context Menu not displaying all options: Look, while I understand you are trying to streamline things, my context menu is greatly missing items. Microsoft says it has Cut, Copy, Paste, Rename, Share and Delete at the top of the menu.Not mine, it has no shortcuts at the top, which means anytime I want to do any of...
  5. Windows Context Menu not displaying all options

Windows Context Menu not displaying all options: Look, while I understand you are trying to streamline things, my context menu is greatly missing items. Microsoft says it has Cut, Copy, Paste, Rename, Share and Delete at the top of the menu.Not mine, it has no shortcuts at the top, which means anytime I want to do any of...
  6. Windows 11 - Shift + F10 no longer displaying the context menu? Remap a key to display the...

Windows 11 - Shift + F10 no longer displaying the context menu? Remap a key to display the...: tl;dr: F10 key works, Shift key works, but pressing them together Shift + F10 does nothing. Works fine in Safe Mode.I've only been using Windows 11 for about a week on a new laptop.I was enjoying the Shift + F10 keyboard shortcut, which mimics the mouse right-click action by...
  7. Windows 11 - Multiple Monitors - Context Menu Displays on Wrong Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Multiple Monitors - Context Menu Displays on Wrong Monitor: Context menu appears on the wrong screen.Here, in Edge, when clicking on the "Settings and More..." elipses "...", the context menu appears on the monitor to the right of the monitor in which I'm working....
  8. Windows 11 - Multiple Monitors - Context Menu Displays on Wrong Monitor

Windows 11 - Multiple Monitors - Context Menu Displays on Wrong Monitor: Context menu appears on the wrong screen.Here, in Edge, when clicking on the "Settings and More..." elipses "...", the context menu appears on the monitor to the right of the monitor in which I'm working....
  9. Windows 11 Context Menu aka Right Menu Not Displaying Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Context Menu aka Right Menu Not Displaying Properly: I dont know what is wrong here, but on my brand new Windows 11 installation, context menu or right click menu is not displaying properly, please check image to understand what I am saying....
  10. Windows 11 Context Menu aka Right Menu Not Displaying Properly

Windows 11 Context Menu aka Right Menu Not Displaying Properly: I dont know what is wrong here, but on my brand new Windows 11 installation, context menu or right click menu is not displaying properly, please check image to understand what I am saying....