Windows 10: Windows 11, shut down option sluggish

Discus and support Windows 11, shut down option sluggish in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I select the task bar and then go to select the power icon, the first time I click on it there is no response, then I click a second time and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mudoch1, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Mudoch1 Win User

Windows 11, shut down option sluggish

When I select the task bar and then go to select the power icon, the first time I click on it there is no response, then I click a second time and the power down options are displayed. This is repeatable and occurs every time. I upgraded my Dell laptop from Windows 10 Pro only after a check for updates verified I could apply the update. Very strange. Any ideas how to improve this?

:)

Mudoch1, Dec 29, 2021

2. IE 11 Sluggish

Since loading Windows 10 on my laptop, IE 11 has become very sluggish in loading web pages. Edge is fast as lightening and moved many of my accessed web icons off my desk top to my start screen because of this.

Has anyone else noticed a slow down on IE 11 since downloading Windows 10?

EdBurke 928, Dec 29, 2021
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Adobe Flash message in IE 11

Hi Sandra,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you disable the add-ons in Internet Explorer 11. For step by step instructions, go to this

link
    , then look for the title Turning off and removing add-ons.

We also suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 through these steps:

• Go to Internet Explorer then click the Gear icon.
    • Choose Internet options > Advanced.
    • Click Reset.

(Note: If you have added Favorites, back up them first before resetting the browser. )

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Regards.

Karla Alm, Dec 29, 2021
  4. Riel Alc Win User

PC Sluggish After Waking From Sleep

Thank you for the update.

"Could it be that their drivers are not compatible with my current Windows build?" - Yes, there's a possibility that's why you're experiencing some performance issue.

Another thing, some users have reported that the possible reason why their computers are sluggish is fast startup (enabled by default). We may try disabling the fast startup, then check if the issue will still occur. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    • Click Save changes.

And we also suggest checking the Processes and Performance in Task Manager if you feel your computer is sluggish.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Dec 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11, shut down option sluggish - Similar Threads - shut down option

2. Windows 11 not shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not shutting down: Hello,So what happens is when I press shut down on windows 11, it wont shut down, it will go to the screen that says "shutting down" and then it just re logs me in. The only way to shut down is by going into command prompt and typing in "shutdown /s". I hope you will be able...
  3. Auto shut down option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto shut down option: I really like Windows doesn't mean at all if it will have auto shut down, it looks like sleep and hibernation, but you can schedule what time you want to shut down PC when PC isn't in use, is a great form to economize unnecessary power consumption, same PC is a Desktop or...
  4. Auto shut down option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto shut down option: I really like Windows doesn't mean at all if it will have auto shut down, it looks like sleep and hibernation, but you can schedule what time you want to shut down PC when PC isn't in use, is a great form to economize unnecessary power consumption, same PC is a Desktop or...
  5. Missing shut down option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing shut down option: Few days ago, when I tried to turn off my pc before going to bed, I noticed that shut down option was missing. I tried to look up on internet but any of the possible solutions weren't helpful. The only way I can turn off my pc is by using cmd with this command "shutdown /s /f...
  6. Missing shut down option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing shut down option: Few days ago, when I tried to turn off my pc before going to bed, I noticed that shut down option was missing. I tried to look up on internet but any of the possible solutions weren't helpful. The only way I can turn off my pc is by using cmd with this command "shutdown /s /f...
  7. Missing shut down option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 11, shut down option sluggish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, shut down option sluggish: When I select the task bar and then go to select the power icon, the first time I click on it there is no response, then I click a second time and the power down options are displayed. This is repeatable and occurs every time. I upgraded my Dell laptop from Windows 10 Pro...
  9. shut down option

shut down option: In the menu only 2 options namely 1 shut down and 2 restart are available. the other option " sleep " not available. how to get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-option/d834faea-1d65-494f-b981-cc7faa1c60e4
  10. Remove Shut Down option in Windows

Remove Shut Down option in Windows: Group Policy allows me to remove power options in Windows,but I just want to remove the Shut Down option,not any others.Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-shut-down-option-in-windows/eace1ef8-1dc1-45ac-a204-7819955f7319