Windows 10: Windows 11 sign-in options all "currently unavailable"

Discus and support Windows 11 sign-in options all "currently unavailable" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I got my new laptop Windows 11 I set up facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, and pin for my sign-in options. I normally use facial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 123454321_981, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Windows 11 sign-in options all "currently unavailable"

When I got my new laptop Windows 11 I set up facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, and pin for my sign-in options. I normally use facial recognition so I didn't notice until recently that fingerprint recognition wasn't working. I went into my sign-in options in settings and found that under facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, and pin it says "this option is currently unavailable." Underneath there is an exclamation mark with "something went wrong. Try again later." Also all the options to change my pin, add a fingerprint, etc are all greyed out. Pin and facial recognition sti

:)

123454321_981, Oct 2, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Hello Face Sign In Option Unavailable

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Face and PIN on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Reset Windows Hello Biometric Database:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on OK.
    3. Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on Stop.
    4. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the WinBioDatabase folder.
    5. After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.
    6. Now, open Services by following step 1 and 2, and restart the Windows Biometric Service.
    7. Go to Start >> Settings >> Accounts >> Sign-in options and register the Face data again.

You may want to refer the suggestions provided by EddyK
    replied on ‎03-29-2020 in the thread
    Windows sign-in options "currently unavailable"

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 2, 2022
  3. Ntada1 Win User
    "This option is currently unavailable"

I got the new hp pavillion x360 convertible today with windows 11 preloaded and the Facial and fingerprint recognition is showing "This option is currently unavailable"

I have installed all updates and i can't find Biometric Devices when i go to Device Manager

Ntada1, Oct 2, 2022
  4. dwskelton Win User

Windows 11 sign-in options all "currently unavailable"

PIN (Windows Hello) (Windows 11) - This option is currently unavailable

I had an issue on my personal laptop where my organisation required that I change my pin.

I ended up removing the PIN and now it says that this option is currently unavailable, try again later. I am unable to set up any Windows Hello sign-in options.

dwskelton, Oct 2, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 sign-in options all "currently unavailable"

1. Windows 11 sign-in options all "currently unavailable" - Similar Threads - sign options currently

2. Windows 11 sign in option all are currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 sign in option all are currently unavailable: My current Windows 11 version is 22H2I have tried the following : 1. uninstall and re-install the biometrics driver from the device manager 2. uninstall and re-install facial recognition optional app features 3. switch to a local admin account and vice versa I think I had a...
  3. Windows 11 sign in option all are currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 sign in option all are currently unavailable: My current Windows 11 version is 22H2I have tried the following : 1. uninstall and re-install the biometrics driver from the device manager 2. uninstall and re-install facial recognition optional app features 3. switch to a local admin account and vice versa I think I had a...
  4. Windows Hello sign-in options currently unavailable

Windows Hello sign-in options currently unavailable: I can't set up, remove or modify my Windows Hello sign-in option. It says "this option is currently unavailable" for face recognition, fingerprint recognition and PIN. When I clic on any of these options, it says "Something went wrong. Try again later". This has been going on...
  5. All Windows Sign-in options currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Windows Sign-in options currently unavailable: In the past couple months, I've noticed my computer itself has asked me to change my PIN to login, I'd say about every 2 months or so. I was going to change the time in between, so that my PIN wouldn't have to be changed as often, however when I go to the sign-in options, the...
  6. All Windows Sign-in options currently unavailable

All Windows Sign-in options currently unavailable: In the past couple months, I've noticed my computer itself has asked me to change my PIN to login, I'd say about every 2 months or so. I was going to change the time in between, so that my PIN wouldn't have to be changed as often, however when I go to the sign-in options, the...
  7. Windows 11 sign-in options all "currently unavailable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 sign-in options all "currently unavailable": When I got my new laptop Windows 11 I set up facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, and pin for my sign-in options. I normally use facial recognition so I didn't notice until recently that fingerprint recognition wasn't working. I went into my sign-in options in...
  8. "This option is currently unavailable"-Windows Hello Sign In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This option is currently unavailable"-Windows Hello Sign In: The options for facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, and PIN all display the same message of "This option is currently unavailable"How do I make these options available again? They all worked before but don't anymore...
  9. Sign in options currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in options currently unavailable: This has been going on ever since I log in to my microsoft account for microsoft offfice app. Now i cannot change my pin, cannot set up different log in options.I've rebooted, updated windows but the problem still persists....
  10. Sign in options currently unavailable

Sign in options currently unavailable: This has been going on ever since I log in to my microsoft account for microsoft offfice app. Now i cannot change my pin, cannot set up different log in options.I've rebooted, updated windows but the problem still persists....