Windows 10: Windows 11 Sleeps/Hibernates applications

Discus and support Windows 11 Sleeps/Hibernates applications in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 build 22000.739 seems to put applications to sleep/hibernate. Whenever this happens the application doesn't update when it's in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by G.T. Hvidsten, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Sleeps/Hibernates applications

Windows 11 build 22000.739 seems to put applications to sleep/hibernate. Whenever this happens the application doesn't update when it's in the background not minimized, but behind other windows until I put it back to foreground, or I put the mouse cursor over it not clicking the window, just placing the cursor over it.For example Microsoft Teams both the built-in and the business versions stop receiving messages, but when I put the mouse cursor over a visible part of the window the application comes back alive and messages start rolling in.This also affects the "notification" on the ic

:)

G.T. Hvidsten, Jun 30, 2022

2. Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jun 30, 2022
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Sleep,hibernate, and shutdown

Hi,

Usually, Sleep and Hibernate features are used to save power when using a computer. However, hibernate may not be available for all PCs as it was designed for laptops. Regarding your concern, since you’re trying to turn
    off or disable these features, you may follow the step below:

• To turn off Sleep:

Go to Settings > System > Power & sleep. Then, select
      Never from the drop-down list under the Sleep section.

Windows 11 Sleeps/Hibernates applications 584c0e8c-80cf-4e84-a18c-23b41220f8da?upload=true.png

• To disable Hibernate:
    • Type Command Prompt in the Search box from
      Start
    • Right-click on it, then select Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and press
      Enter. Close the window.

We’re just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Jun 30, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Sleeps/Hibernates applications

Windows 11 shutting down and not Hibernating

I want to point out that I fixed this!

But not doing all those complicated steps.

All I did was go to Windows 11 Settings, System then Power and select the Screen and Sleep. Turned of Sleep so it never sleeps.

And bingo my Hibernation was working again.

But it still begs the question, why Hibernation or Hybrid is not there, as per my original question!

Andrew Scott, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Sleeps/Hibernates applications

1. Windows 11 Sleeps/Hibernates applications - Similar Threads - Sleeps Hibernates applications

2. Windows 10 Sleep/Hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Sleep/Hibernate: I turned off all the wake timers I'm able to and for whatever reason my PC still wakes itself sometimes just for a moment before going back to sleep, and other times back on completely. I don't know what to do. I just want it to stay asleep when I ask it too....
  3. Windows 11 Sleeps/Hibernates applications

Windows 11 Sleeps/Hibernates applications: Windows 11 build 22000.739 seems to put applications to sleep/hibernate. Whenever this happens the application doesn't update when it's in the background not minimized, but behind other windows until I put it back to foreground, or I put the mouse cursor over it not clicking...
  4. Windows 10/11 sleep/hibernation settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 sleep/hibernation settings: I'm using Windows 11 and I realise that everytime my laptop is in sleep mode at night and eventually goes into hibernation, the apps that were open, ie Microsoft edge are minimised on return. is that normal?...
  5. Windows 10/11 sleep/hibernation settings

Windows 10/11 sleep/hibernation settings: I'm using Windows 11 and I realise that everytime my laptop is in sleep mode at night and eventually goes into hibernation, the apps that were open, ie Microsoft edge are minimised on return. is that normal?...
  6. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button, my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  7. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  8. Sleep or hibernate Windows overnight?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep or hibernate Windows overnight?: So, I just moved from Mac to Windows 10 laptop. On my MacBook, I never did a shut down. I would simply put it to sleep overnight and then continue using it next day. I really don't want to shut down the Windows and then have all the programs load up again when I start it up...
  9. Sleep & Hibernate

Sleep & Hibernate: Other than maybe creating a custom power plan via Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Create a Power Plan, how do I get my laptop to sleep or hibernate automatically? Long story short, I was using my laptop and Microsoft Edge to watch shows on CBS.com last...
  10. Sleep and hibernation

Sleep and hibernation: When I put my windows 10 PC to sleep it wakes up again after about 5 minutes, I have also tried hibernation mode and that does not work either, even when unplugging mouse, keyboard and, HDMI lead it still wakes up, I have even tried turning off notifications but still no...