Windows 10: Windows 11: Slow speed audio playback

Discus and support Windows 11: Slow speed audio playback in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently was forced to update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have local mp3s on my laptop. I noticed that the playback is slow and not the correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by wants2forward, May 28, 2022.

1. Windows 11: Slow speed audio playback

I recently was forced to update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have local mp3s on my laptop. I noticed that the playback is slow and not the correct speed. This problem exists regardless of the player. I use VLC player, but the problem is also in Windows Media Player. By the way on Windows Media Player I checked the elipsis ... speed and it is at x1 so that is not the problem. Also it looks like there are pops and other distortion sounds there.It looks like if I play a youtube video in chrome there is no problem.

:)

wants2forward, May 28, 2022

2. How to change playback speed in Windows 10 (TEN!!!)

Hi Tess,

We appreciate your time for posting your concern here in the Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below steps to change the playback speed settings:

You can change the speed at which files play in the Player. For example, you can slow down the playback speed if you're taking notes while watching a training video, or you can speed up the slow sections of a presentation.

• Play a file, and then switch to Now Playing mode.
    If you’re in the Player Library, click the Switch to Now Playing button in the lower-right corner of the Player.

• Right-click an open space in the Player (such as to the left of the
      Stop button) , point to Enhancements, and then click
      Play speed settings.
    • Move the Play Speed slider to the speed at which you want to play the file, or click the
      Slow, Normal, or Fast links.
    To select speeds between the labeled play speeds, in the Play speed settings dialog box, clear the
    Snap slider to common speeds check box.

3. To hide the settings, click the Close button in the
    Play speed settings dialog box.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 28, 2022
  3. xtc283 Win User
    Resetting speed of audio and video playback

Am experiencing difficulty in setting the speed of audio and video playback on my Windows 10 desktop. Right now voices sound as though the speaker had just inhaled helium and videos also play at accelerated speed.

Among the things I've tried to fix this:

- Resetting Windows Media Player to default settings -- didn't work

- Lowering the speed on Youtube from 1x to 0.75 x -- didn't work

- Downloading different browsers -- didn't work

What's left? Download free media player software? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

xtc283, May 28, 2022
  4. ceisthelp Win User

Windows 11: Slow speed audio playback

ceisthelp, May 28, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11: Slow speed audio playback

1. Windows 11: Slow speed audio playback - Similar Threads - Slow speed audio

2. Slow Download Speed on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Download Speed on Windows 11: For the past couple of days i haven't been able to download files that exceed a few hundred megabytes without it taking hours but when i test my internet it shows great results, I've tried changing DNS settings, disablling metered connection and things listed in other...
  3. Slow Download Speed on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Download Speed on Windows 11: For the past couple of days i haven't been able to download files that exceed a few hundred megabytes without it taking hours but when i test my internet it shows great results, I've tried changing DNS settings, disablling metered connection and things listed in other...
  4. Slow playback since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow playback since upgrading to Windows 11: Hi, I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 approximately a week ago, and ever since playback of any video or audio has been relentlessly slow even if it's already loaded. This happens online only as downloaded media is running just fine, but if I upload them online and play them...
  5. Slow playback since upgrading to Windows 11

Slow playback since upgrading to Windows 11: Hi, I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 approximately a week ago, and ever since playback of any video or audio has been relentlessly slow even if it's already loaded. This happens online only as downloaded media is running just fine, but if I upload them online and play them...
  6. Windows 11: Slow speed audio playback

Windows 11: Slow speed audio playback: I recently was forced to update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have local mp3s on my laptop. I noticed that the playback is slow and not the correct speed. This problem exists regardless of the player. I use VLC player, but the problem is also in Windows Media Player. By...
  7. VLC playback slows down download speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VLC playback slows down download speed: Hi, I have a strange issue. When a file is being downloaded the speed shown is optimum at the start 5-6mbps but as soon as I start to play any video stored in the computer SSD doesn't matter what video player is used, VLC, or windows media player the download speed drops...
  8. Slow down audio speed Windows audio settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow down audio speed Windows audio settings: Dear All, Appreciate your support please on this ! I am looking for slowing down audio speed in windows, I do not mean specific audio/video. Any sound live, recorded ... etc whatever its source audio/video ... etc, I need its sound to be operated slowly. So, I need to...
  9. Slow motion video / audio playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow motion video / audio playback: A Level 2 Technician just finished installing Version 1809 in to my Dell 5755 laptop, trying to resolve my slow motion video / audio playback. BUT 99.9999% of the time I have no audio at all. This has been ongoing since waaay before the upgrade to the 1809 version. In...
  10. Audio Inserted in PPT Playback Speed Adjustment

Audio Inserted in PPT Playback Speed Adjustment: In Windows 10 I am preparing a powerpoint with inserted audio playing MP3 recordings on various slides through Media Player. Is there a way I can adjust the speed of the playback so it plays more slowly when I click on the audio icons in ppt during the presentation?...