Windows 10: Windows 11 Snap Assist could soon offer suggestions

Discus and support Windows 11 Snap Assist could soon offer suggestions in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Snap Assist is one of the novel features of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system. Windows 11 users may use the feature to align open program windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Apr 17, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 Snap Assist could soon offer suggestions

Snap Assist is one of the novel features of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system. Windows 11 users may use the feature to align open program windows next to each other on the screen.

It is more or less a powerful version of Windows 7's snap feature, which allowed users of the operating system to display two program windows side by side.

With Snap Layouts, additional layouts for the display of program windows become available. Users may, for example, display four program windows on the screen, with each taking up a quarter of the available screen.

Windows 11 Snap Assist could soon offer suggestions snap-assist-suggestions.png

Windows 11 users may activate the feature by hovering over the maximize button of program windows or by dragging windows to the top of the screen. The position of the current window can be set directly by moving the mouse cursor over any of the available positions.

Soon, Windows 11 may introduce suggestions when users activate the feature. Eagle-eyed teste PhantomOcean3 discovered the hidden feature in the latest Windows 11 Insider Build 23435. It needs to be enabled using the ViVeTool. Work on the integration is ongoing and not complete, as suggestions do not appear to work well when dragging program windows to the top of the screen.

Do the following to enable the feature:

1. Download the latest version of the open source ViVeTool application from GiTgub.
    2. Extract the archive to the local system.
    3. Open Start, type cmd, and select run as administrator to launch an elevated command prompt window.
    4. Navigate to the ViVeTool folder.
    5. Run the command vivetool /enable /id:41863571,42589465.
    6. Restart the PC.

The new feature should be available now. Windows Central revealed some information on the feature back in February. The site reported that Microsoft was working on integrating a memory feature, which remembers different app layouts, and OCR technology support for the suggestions feature. Snap Layouts could use the latter to detect open program windows for its suggestions feature.

In any event, Snap Assist highlights certain program windows that are open when the feature is activated to display these as well using the selected layout.

It is too early to say whether there will be an option to disable the smart suggestions feature or how the remembering of layouts feature is going to work. For now, Snap Assists' suggestion feature is a work in progress, and there is a chance that Microsoft won't release the feature in stable versions of its Windows 11 operating system.

Now You: do you use Snap or Snap Assist functionality?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 Snap Assist could soon offer suggestions appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Apr 17, 2023
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Apr 17, 2023
  3. Question Help About Snap assist

Hi Cendrid,

To better assist you, do let us know how exactly you are trying to use the snap features.

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

-To snap a desktop window, left-click the window's title bar

- Hold your mouse down, and then drag it to either the left or right edges of your screen. -Release your mouse button to snap the window there.

- Repeat the same for the other windows.

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 17, 2023
  4. Windows 11 Snap Assist could soon offer suggestions

Snap Assist no longer working (W10)

Isn't this overkill for a simple setting change?

I got this from a site (credited just after the paste.)

Start menu to settings.

Under system select: Multitasking.

Select snap options

Under snap

Arrange windows: on

When I snap more than one : on

When I snap a windows, show what I can snap next to it: On

Sorry for the short answer, My eyesight makes that necessary.

Credit and a much better written answer on: How To Turn On/Off Snap in Windows 10

Randommantus (Greg for short), Apr 17, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 Snap Assist could soon offer suggestions

1. Windows 11 Snap Assist could soon offer suggestions - Similar Threads - Snap Assist soon

2. Cannot get rid of snap assist on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get rid of snap assist on Windows 11: Since the last update to Windows circa Jan 13, there's a snap assist window on the screen of my laptop. It snaps the windows if I select any of the layout options.The thing is, I can't get rid of this window. It doesn't move, it doesn't close. I don't want it on top of...
  3. Cannot get rid of snap assist on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get rid of snap assist on Windows 11: Since the last update to Windows circa Jan 13, there's a snap assist window on the screen of my laptop. It snaps the windows if I select any of the layout options.The thing is, I can't get rid of this window. It doesn't move, it doesn't close. I don't want it on top of...
  4. Windows 11 version 22H2: snap assist changes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 version 22H2: snap assist changes: In the third part of the series, we are going to take a closer look at the changes that Microsoft makes to Windows 11's Snap Assist feature in the Windows 11 2022 update. Microsoft did not introduce too many new features in Windows 11. Snap Assist, a feature to manage...
  5. Change Snap Assist threshold

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Snap Assist threshold: I have to basically be going the speed of light to break through the snap assist and move a window to my second monitor and there doesn't appear to be an option to fix this from what I have seen so is there any method tofix it. given I don't see the option in the multitasking...
  6. Snap Assist error

Snap Assist error: I've had this this problem for months. Using Snap assist to put a window onto the right third requires me to place it in specific places outside of the box, and even then, the window will occupy (just shy of) half of the screen instead of the intended third, as shown in the...
  7. Snap Assist not working correctly

Snap Assist not working correctly: Whenever I use Snap Assist I always get *this*, I've tried shutting down Dell PremierColor using Task Manager and turn the Snap Assist feature off and on. If I want to set it halfway, I have to set my cursor at very specific spots for it to work. [ATTACH] Moved from:...
  8. Snap Assist not working correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snap Assist not working correctly: Whenever I use Snap Assist I always get *this*, I've tried shutting down Dell PremierColor using Task Manager and turn the Snap Assist feature off and on. If I want to set it halfway, I have to set my cursor at very specific spots for it to work. [ATTACH]...
  9. Snap Assist In Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Snap Assist In Windows 10: [ATTACH] Snap Assist is a feature in Windows 10, that is not noticed by many. Though this feature is enabled by default in every Windows 10 PC, only a very few users are using it. In this post, we will learn [...] This post How to use Snap Assist In Windows 10 is from...
  10. Snap / Snap Assist isues

in Windows 10 Support
    Snap / Snap Assist isues: I am not at all sure Snap & Snap Assist are working as they should. I find it rather confusing to sort out what to expect, having read some articles about it (here and elswhere.) The most obvious sign is that there is no transparent overlay. I have never seen this...