Windows 10: Windows 11 - snipping tool not showing up after snipping - only on taskbar

Discus and support Windows 11 - snipping tool not showing up after snipping - only on taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Previously on Windows 10 after snipping with the snipping tool, the snipping tool window would appear in the same place the snip was done.Now with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Maciej Wiencis, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Windows 11 - snipping tool not showing up after snipping - only on taskbar

Previously on Windows 10 after snipping with the snipping tool, the snipping tool window would appear in the same place the snip was done.Now with Windows 11 after snipping with the snipping tool, the snipping tool window DOES NOT appear in the same place the snip was done but also DOES NOT appear anywhere and you can access it only from taskbar which is FRUSTRATING.Bring back the old functionality from Windows 10 snipping tool or at least give some additional settings.

:)

Maciej Wiencis, Mar 19, 2023

2. snipping tool

Please try this:

Step 1:

Click Start, and type Snipping Tool.

Right-click Snipping Tool from the search results, and click App Settings

Click Reset,

Click Repair.

Note: In Windows 11, there is no Snip and Sketch. It comes pre-installed with the new Snipping Tool (which replaces the old Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch apps)

Step 2:

Turn off Focus assist if it's enabled

Step 3:

Open Services.msc and make sure that the following services are set to "Automatic" and running:

• Windows Push Notifications System Service
    • Windows Push Notifications User Service

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Ahhzz, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Windows 11 - snipping tool not showing up after snipping - only on taskbar

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

Pretty sure the windows7 version printed too, didnt it?

Either way,
    Or take the screenshot, save it, open it with photo viewer ,or paint & print from there. I'm a big snipping tool user, for years, ive always had it in my taskbar

jboydgolfer, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 - snipping tool not showing up after snipping - only on taskbar

1. Windows 11 - snipping tool not showing up after snipping - only on taskbar - Similar Threads - snipping tool showing

2. Windows 11 Snipping Tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Snipping Tool?: The snipping tool on Windows 11 saves to a clipboard instead of providing a choice where images are stored. The Clipboard history function doesn't allow users to upload images from there. Huge design flaw. Will Microsoft fix this or do I need to find a 3rd party app?...
  3. Windows 11 - snipping tool not showing up after snipping - only on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - snipping tool not showing up after snipping - only on taskbar: Previously on Windows 10 after snipping with the snipping tool, the snipping tool window would appear in the same place the snip was done.Now with Windows 11 after snipping with the snipping tool, the snipping tool window DOES NOT appear in the same place the snip was done...
  4. Snipping tool not opening automatically after snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool not opening automatically after snip: I used to have Windows 10 and after I snipped something, the box would automatically pop up on my screen with what I snipped. Now I have Windows 11 and after I snip something, its there but I have to go to the taskbar and click on it to open it and see my snipped item. Is...
  5. Snipping tool not opening automatically after snip

Snipping tool not opening automatically after snip: I used to have Windows 10 and after I snipped something, the box would automatically pop up on my screen with what I snipped. Now I have Windows 11 and after I snip something, its there but I have to go to the taskbar and click on it to open it and see my snipped item. Is...
  6. Snipping tool keep showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool keep showing up: I uninstall my snip and sketch bc it is buggy and keep appearing whenever i type something. But it still keep on appearing. How to completely disable or uninstall snip and sketch...
  7. Snipping tool keep showing up

Snipping tool keep showing up: I uninstall my snip and sketch bc it is buggy and keep appearing whenever i type something. But it still keep on appearing. How to completely disable or uninstall snip and sketch...
  8. Snipping tool Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool Windows 11: This is repeat of some locked questions compalints that have still not been resolved, in my view at...
  9. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....
  10. snipping tool and taskbar

snipping tool and taskbar: Until a few days ago, I had a snipping tool which was fixed to my task bar. I use it a lot - and I mean a lot - so that's the place it's most convenient. But today I go to use it and it's no longer there! I had an update a day or two ago so I suppose that's when/where it...