Windows 10: Windows 11 Snipping tool....when you clip, the app goes behind other windows/apps

Discus and support Windows 11 Snipping tool....when you clip, the app goes behind other windows/apps in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Title says it all. Behavior changed recently where when you use the Snipping tool....when you clip, the app goes behind other windows/apps and you have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chuck Tatham, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Windows 11 Snipping tool....when you clip, the app goes behind other windows/apps

Title says it all. Behavior changed recently where when you use the Snipping tool....when you clip, the app goes behind other windows/apps and you have to go find it in order to see the snip and work with it. It should stay the active, in front of others. No setting seems to set this behavior.

:)

Chuck Tatham, Mar 27, 2023

2. Unable to mail the snipped clip from Snipping tool option on Windows 10.

Hello Jensheahan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Which mail application are you using on the computer?
    • Which is the default mail application set on the computer?
    • Is any mail client installed on the computer other than Mail app?

You will be able to select the mail application to send using Snipping tool by setting a default mail application on the computer.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if you are able to mail the snipped clip.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Windows Live Mail and select the top most search result.
    • From the dialog box select the application to set as default and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Open snipping tool, snip a clip and check if you are able to mail the clip using
      Windows Live Mail.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 27, 2023
  3. snipping tool

Please try this:

Step 1:

Click Start, and type Snipping Tool.

Right-click Snipping Tool from the search results, and click App Settings

Click Reset,

Click Repair.

Note: In Windows 11, there is no Snip and Sketch. It comes pre-installed with the new Snipping Tool (which replaces the old Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch apps)

Step 2:

Turn off Focus assist if it's enabled

Step 3:

Open Services.msc and make sure that the following services are set to "Automatic" and running:

• Windows Push Notifications System Service
    • Windows Push Notifications User Service

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 27, 2023
  4. Siriously Win User

Windows 11 Snipping tool....when you clip, the app goes behind other windows/apps

Unable to mail the snipped clip from Snipping tool option on Windows 10.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work. According to the April 27 response from
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    the Microsoft Snip Tool doesn't work with the Microsoft Windows 10 Mail app... a least I didn't pay real $$ for the upgrade to W10, I'm just paying in other ways. No wonder we need to buy someone elses
    stuff to make MSFT stuff work.

Siriously, Mar 27, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 Snipping tool....when you clip, the app goes behind other windows/apps

1. Windows 11 Snipping tool....when you clip, the app goes behind other windows/apps - Similar Threads - Snipping tool clip

2. When are you going to fix the Snipping Tool in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When are you going to fix the Snipping Tool in windows 11?: When are you Microsoft going to fix the Snipping Tool in windows 11? Its been broken for anyone using multiple monitors where the screens have different zoom percentages. We cant select parts of either screen like we could with windows 10's snipping tool. This is going to...
  3. When are you going to fix the Snipping Tool in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When are you going to fix the Snipping Tool in windows 11?: When are you Microsoft going to fix the Snipping Tool in windows 11? Its been broken for anyone using multiple monitors where the screens have different zoom percentages. We cant select parts of either screen like we could with windows 10's snipping tool. This is going to...
  4. Snipping tool app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool app?: Since the snipping tool in Windows 11 is vaporware and has been deprecated. not sure why it is still available as an app can anyone recommend a snipping tool like plugin or app for Windows 11?...
  5. Snipping tool app?

Snipping tool app?: Since the snipping tool in Windows 11 is vaporware and has been deprecated. not sure why it is still available as an app can anyone recommend a snipping tool like plugin or app for Windows 11?...
  6. Windows 11 Snipping tool....when you clip, the app goes behind other windows/apps

Windows 11 Snipping tool....when you clip, the app goes behind other windows/apps: Title says it all. Behavior changed recently where when you use the Snipping tool....when you clip, the app goes behind other windows/apps and you have to go find it in order to see the snip and work with it. It should stay the active, in front of others. No setting seems to...
  7. Windows 11 Photos and Snipping Tool Apps not printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Photos and Snipping Tool Apps not printing: I have a user who is unable to print from the Windows 11 Photos app, and the Snipping Tool. When the Print button is pressed, or when CTRL+P is used, the print dialogue box appears on the screen briefly before disappearing suddenly. I've done the following:Restarted the...
  8. Windows 11 Photos and Snipping Tool Apps not printing

Windows 11 Photos and Snipping Tool Apps not printing: I have a user who is unable to print from the Windows 11 Photos app, and the Snipping Tool. When the Print button is pressed, or when CTRL+P is used, the print dialogue box appears on the screen briefly before disappearing suddenly. I've done the following:Restarted the...
  9. Snipping Tool app disappears

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snipping Tool app disappears: I'm a frequent user of Snipping Tool. Now its gone. I made a power reboot of my laptop as I noticed before, sometimes it comes up after reset. Now its totally not showing up. Pls advise...
  10. snipping tool opening on desktop behind open windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    snipping tool opening on desktop behind open windows: I was using the snipping tool today until it stopped showing up in front of my open windows and instead remains behind them on the desktop screen...