Windows 10: windows 11 sorting files by type and date

Discus and support windows 11 sorting files by type and date in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just got windows 11, getting used to big and small changes. Can't seem to figure out the exact right way to have a folder with images and folders in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Boojig., Dec 2, 2021.

1. Boojig. Win User

windows 11 sorting files by type and date

Just got windows 11, getting used to big and small changes. Can't seem to figure out the exact right way to have a folder with images and folders in icon view, but sort with folders at the top and most recent images after that. Helps with workin on projects to see the folders first then most recently edited/saved images

:)

Boojig., Dec 2, 2021
  2. Graeme.P Win User

Sort by date added to folder

Hi there, thanks for your question.

In File Explorer, all sorting options can be viewed by following these steps:

- Open the folder and right click inside of it, not on a file.

- Go to Sort by > More.

This brings up a list of all possibilities of what to sort by. It doesn't look like there's an options for "date added to folder", but one of the other Date options may help, such as Date Created. You could create a copy of the file and move it in, so that
    the date created matches the date added to the folder?

Please let me know if you need more information! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Dec 2, 2021
  3. Windows 10 file explorer does not sort the songs by its release dates.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you did not find any option to sort the list of files by release date in Windows 10 Explorer. We will assist you.

I would like to inform you that this is by design that you will not be able to sort the files by release dates.
    I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 updates to enhance user experience.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 2, 2021
  4. cereberus Win User

Sorting with File Explorer.

I tried the method that was complicated (3rd option) but fell over in second step as I could not find any "apply to folder button"'.

However, the simple put *.* in search bar, then sort results windows by date does the trick. It is slightly cumbersome as I have to do that each time I am selecting files (to upload to sharepoint) but a lot less hassle than I was having to scroll up and down between sorted file block and sorted folder block.

Many thanks.

M.

cereberus, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

1. windows 11 sorting files by type and date - Similar Threads - sorting files type

2. How to sort files by date added

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sort files by date added: How do i sort files by the date they were added to the folder, not the date they were created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sort-files-by-date-added/8391ea82-1e52-4b8e-b38b-b41758cf9bc5
  3. Sorting photos by date in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting photos by date in Windows 11: PLease can you explain how to sort photos by date taken when importing from an iPhone into WIndows 11? THis used to be very easy in Windows 10 but WIndows 11 doesnt seem to sort them by date. Thank you...
  4. Sorting photos by date in Windows 11

Sorting photos by date in Windows 11: PLease can you explain how to sort photos by date taken when importing from an iPhone into WIndows 11? THis used to be very easy in Windows 10 but WIndows 11 doesnt seem to sort them by date. Thank you...
  5. sort by date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sort by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the sort by date setting ,no longer sorts them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  6. sort by date

sort by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the sort by date setting ,no longer sorts them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  7. windows 11 sorting files by type and date

windows 11 sorting files by type and date: Just got windows 11, getting used to big and small changes. Can't seem to figure out the exact right way to have a folder with images and folders in icon view, but sort with folders at the top and most recent images after that. Helps with workin on projects to see the folders...
  8. Sort files and folders in Windows Explorer by date?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sort files and folders in Windows Explorer by date?: Heyo! I would like to drag songs from my computer to my phone, but some songs are still in extra folders and some are not. Is there any way to display files and folders together in Win 10? Not so that the folders are at the top and the files at the bottom, but e.g. folder...
  9. Auto-sort by file type

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-sort by file type: I am trying to sort files in File Explorer by name only. Currently, there's a default setting where everything sorts by file type, then by filename. I don't want it sorted by file type--I don't care about the file type. The file type has no bearing on what I'm trying to...
  10. File Explorer sort by date not accurate

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer sort by date not accurate: To my knowledge the SORT BY DATE order goes off the last Saved Date not the Created Date but for the life of me I've been getting things showing up in the wrong order occasionally and it's started effecting a syncing program that I use. My clock is set correctly and when I go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 11 automatic sorting group into folder