Windows 10: Windows 11 Sound output to HDMI stops working when resuming from sleep, or screen lock etc.

Discus and support Windows 11 Sound output to HDMI stops working when resuming from sleep, or screen lock etc. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sound stops working when I wake up my machine or log back in after some time. I have an Nvidia graphics cards hdmi output to my TV. Before I upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KeeKeh-007_IT, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Sound output to HDMI stops working when resuming from sleep, or screen lock etc.

Sound stops working when I wake up my machine or log back in after some time. I have an Nvidia graphics cards hdmi output to my TV. Before I upgraded to Windows 11 it would always work. Now I have to restart the sound service or "Troubleshoot" sound every time I log in order for the sound to be output to my TV again. Does anyone know how to remediate this?Again, I don't want to have to restart the sound service all the time or click on "Troubleshoot Sound Problems" which does the same thing.Thanks,-Keekeh

:)

KeeKeh-007_IT, Oct 4, 2022
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Oct 4, 2022
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    HDMI output stopped working after blue screen.

Hi Koenbril, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

If you've been experiencing multiple blue screens when gaming and now the HDMI output has stopped working, I'd suggest it's an issue with your graphics card, perhaps a hardware failure.

I'd normally suggest testing multiple cables or monitors and reinstalling drivers for your graphics card, as well as the other steps you mentioned, but since you've already tried those and it still doesn't work, it looks like it's a faulty graphics card.

My only recommendation would be to seek out warranty from the store you purchased the card to repair or replace it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Oct 4, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Sound output to HDMI stops working when resuming from sleep, or screen lock etc.

HDMI SOUND OUTPUT NOT WORKING

Since recently sound output from laptop to tv via HDMI cable hasnt been working. I have tried the options of opening control panel and right clicking in the sound menu to reveal HDMI selection but there is none..... Please HELP

AnnetteKatipa, Oct 4, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Sound output to HDMI stops working when resuming from sleep, or screen lock etc.

1. Windows 11 Sound output to HDMI stops working when resuming from sleep, or screen lock etc. - Similar Threads - Sound output HDMI

2. HDMI output stopped not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI output stopped not working: HDMI output stopped not working after windows 11 update. I cannot detect my monitor and all my device drivers are up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-stopped-not-working/b2a38766-95ff-41ba-9024-05ae0a4acc91
  3. HDMI output stopped not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI output stopped not working: HDMI output stopped not working after windows 11 update. I cannot detect my monitor and all my device drivers are up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-stopped-not-working/b2a38766-95ff-41ba-9024-05ae0a4acc91
  4. Windows 11 Sound output to HDMI stops working when resuming from sleep, or screen lock etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Sound output to HDMI stops working when resuming from sleep, or screen lock etc.: Sound stops working when I wake up my machine or log back in after some time. I have an Nvidia graphics cards hdmi output to my TV. Before I upgraded to Windows 11 it would always work. Now I have to restart the sound service or "Troubleshoot" sound every time I log in order...
  5. windows 11 hdmi monitor sound stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 hdmi monitor sound stopped working: Hi. I was using my laptop with 4k monitor and with speakers but all of a sudden I lost sound hdmi output. I can see the volume bar is reacting when there is a sound at the background but no sound coming out of my speakers. Tried deleting nvidia experince and windows installed...
  6. windows 11 hdmi monitor sound stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 hdmi monitor sound stopped working: Hi. I was using my laptop with 4k monitor and with speakers but all of a sudden I lost sound hdmi output. I can see the volume bar is reacting when there is a sound at the background but no sound coming out of my speakers. Tried deleting nvidia experince and windows installed...
  7. HDMI output stopped working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI output stopped working: Hello, I have an Asus TH101A with intel HD graphics from Atom X5-Z8350 CPU. My HDMI otuput is not working anymore. I know it's not a faulty hardware because I tested it on a linux live USB. I tested 3 drivers. One from ASUS (version 20.19.15.4364), one from windows update...
  8. Bluetooth stops working after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bluetooth stops working after resuming from sleep: As per title, the Bluetooth in my laptop stops working after resuming from sleep. OS: Windows 10 64-bit 20H2 All latest device drivers and latest BIOS installed. All Windows updates installed. sfc /scannow shows no corruption. I see lots of other posts about this...
  9. Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep: I am on 1803 Pro, I don't have any password set but everytime the computer resumes from sleep I have to click on the sign in button. I had disabled previously the lock screen but it just came back randomly. This time trying 4-5 different techniques: netplwiz, registry change,...
  10. HDMI output stopped working after blue screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI output stopped working after blue screen.: Hello, Today i experienced a blue screen while running a game on my Asus ROG GL553V. For some reason this happens quite often with said game except today after rebooting the HDMI output of my laptop stopped working. I've updated my Windows 10, my graphics drivers for...