Windows 10: Windows 11 Spotlight for Lock Screen Keeps Changing Back to Picture

Discus and support Windows 11 Spotlight for Lock Screen Keeps Changing Back to Picture in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 11, and I wanted the lock screen daily image using Windows Spotlight. However, when I go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JGreg7, Oct 4, 2022.

1. JGreg7 Win User

Windows 11 Spotlight for Lock Screen Keeps Changing Back to Picture

I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 11, and I wanted the lock screen daily image using Windows Spotlight. However, when I go to Personalization > Lock Screen, and select the "Windows Spotlight", it keeps changing back to "Picture".Also, there does not seem to be any type of "OK" or "Apply" button. I select the "Windows Spotlight", exit and the change never stuck.How do I fix this? And how do I know if a setting is saved without an Apply or OK button?

:)

JGreg7, Oct 4, 2022
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Oct 4, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 4, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Spotlight for Lock Screen Keeps Changing Back to Picture

Lock screen keeps changing from Spotlight to Picture

I have the Lock Screen picture on my laptop set to Spotlight, and it never changes. When I go back to check it after several days, the option is no longer Spotlight, but Picture, and the Spotlight picture is displayed several times below the drop down menu
    for me to choose.

My preference is to use Spotlight, and for the picture to change. What is wrong that the setting keeps reverting to Picture?

Jeffrey Taylor, Oct 4, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Spotlight for Lock Screen Keeps Changing Back to Picture

1. Windows 11 Spotlight for Lock Screen Keeps Changing Back to Picture - Similar Threads - Spotlight Lock Screen

2. Windows 11 Spotlight for Lock Screen Keeps Changing Back to Picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Spotlight for Lock Screen Keeps Changing Back to Picture: I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 11, and I wanted the lock screen daily image using Windows Spotlight. However, when I go to Personalization > Lock Screen, and select the "Windows Spotlight", it keeps changing back to "Picture".Also, there does not seem to be...
  3. Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change: I have seen a lot of answers to this question and the only answer is what I list below. If you want to change the pictures that are shown by Microsoft and have your own picture shown on startup on the lock screen then you are going to have to alter some folders and delete...
  4. Windows Spotlight lock screen pictures

Windows Spotlight lock screen pictures: Hey all, Not really a problem just curiosity. I have the Windows Spotlight as my lock screen picture which means Microsoft downloads a new picture every day and as such it changes. Does anyone else's 'picture of the day' sometimes stays on for a few days, then changes?...
  5. Lock screen keeps changing itself back to Picture

Lock screen keeps changing itself back to Picture: I like Windows Spotlight and I'd like to keep using it, but since some days ago my lock screen has a completely black background (no image, I suppose), and the lock screen is set to Picture. When I change it to Windows Spotlight and come back, it changed itself to Picture...
  6. Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.

Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.: My Lock Screen (Windows Spotlight) picture used to change weekly, but now it does not change anymore. It just stays on an old picture that I have seen when I first built my PC. Anyone know why? 136195
  7. Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.: My Lock Screen (Windows Spotlight) picture used to change weekly, but now it does not change anymore. It just stays on an old picture that I have seen when I first built my PC. Anyone know why? 136195
  8. Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .

Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .: *DohHi,hope everyone fine. just a quickie question; I notice that occasionally when booting up, my lock screen picture changes from the "picture" it is set on to Microsofts "spotlight picture", which is not set to do so in "Settings". Any ideas? Many thanks. 127326
  9. Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .: *DohHi,hope everyone fine. just a quickie question; I notice that occasionally when booting up, my lock screen picture changes from the "picture" it is set on to Microsofts "spotlight picture", which is not set to do so in "Settings". Any ideas? Many thanks. 127326
  10. Info on the spotlight screen lock pictures?

Info on the spotlight screen lock pictures?: More than once already I would have loved to know WHERE the screen lock image that Windows 10 presented that day was taken. Some are really very beautiful and spectacular. Any idea? Is there some website where one can find some background info re. the image of the day? 34850