Windows 10: Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

Discus and support Windows 11 standby list and memory compression in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an issue with Windows 11 Pro and Windows 10 before this but I'll focus on 11 as this is even more frustrating as RAMMAP doesn't work on Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TonyWard5, Apr 8, 2022.

1. TonyWard5 Win User

Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

I have an issue with Windows 11 Pro and Windows 10 before this but I'll focus on 11 as this is even more frustrating as RAMMAP doesn't work on Windows 11.I have 32G RAM, which is great. However my standby RAM usage is increaseing all of the time, on my older machine it seems a large part of this came from Outlook caching my entire pst files I have several.Anyway, the point. When this happens it consumes the rest of my RAM, slowly but surely.Then when the RAM becomes full, suddenly memory compression kicks in and consumes processor.Then not entirely sure this is completely related but it

:)

TonyWard5, Apr 8, 2022

2. question on standby memory

It is all in order
    Standby memory is ram held in reserve by Windows - for use by the system if needed. - hardware etc.
    If processes require more ram than is shown as free, then the standby memory is released by the systme as necessary

Here you can see more detail
    Releasing Standby memory

as on post 2

and from Microsoft

=============
    With regard to your split second lags, when do these occur - browsing, gaming, etc. More information is required please.

Macboatmaster, Apr 8, 2022
  3. EdKiefer Win User
    Releasing Standby memory

This is the first I have heard of any issues with Standby list memory causing issues outside of games.
    I know there were a lot of reports around 1809 of games having issues where the standby list didn't release memory and games would stutter. There are a few programs that can clear up this issue. I have used both and they do work but I only used it for games, never noticed any issues in windows applications.
    ISLC (Intelligent standby list cleaner) by Wagnarsoft and Processlasso by Bitsum can clear the standby list automatically.

EdKiefer, Apr 8, 2022
  4. Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

System and compressed memory, messing up everything help please Windows 11 standby list and memory compression :(

I've tried all the suggestions listed, but the usage is still high. system
    and compressed memory

simontezzo, Apr 8, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

1. Windows 11 standby list and memory compression - Similar Threads - standby list memory

2. Windows 11 Memory Compression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Memory Compression: My memory compression is turned on but when i open "TERMINAL" as administrator or powershell + cmd , all of them say "Invalid Namespace" so i cannot disable it. I have also tried "Get-MMAgent" and it is the same thing , the cmd I used to try disable it was "Disable-MMAgent...
  3. Windows 11 Memory Compression

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Memory Compression: My memory compression is turned on but when i open "TERMINAL" as administrator or powershell + cmd , all of them say "Invalid Namespace" so i cannot disable it. I have also tried "Get-MMAgent" and it is the same thing , the cmd I used to try disable it was "Disable-MMAgent...
  4. Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 standby list and memory compression: Win 11I9 - 12900KF @5.0Ghz32 GB DDR5 @5200MhzRTX 3080Original thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-standby-list-and-memory-compression/4cc5956b-a8d2-42a3-8d4e-9e280bbc7699per the steps in the original thread on the last reply,"As a temporary...
  5. Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

Windows 11 standby list and memory compression: Win 11I9 - 12900KF @5.0Ghz32 GB DDR5 @5200MhzRTX 3080Original thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-standby-list-and-memory-compression/4cc5956b-a8d2-42a3-8d4e-9e280bbc7699per the steps in the original thread on the last reply,"As a temporary...
  6. Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 standby list and memory compression: I have an issue with Windows 11 Pro and Windows 10 before this but I'll focus on 11 as this is even more frustrating as RAMMAP doesn't work on Windows 11.I have 32G RAM, which is great. However my standby RAM usage is increaseing all of the time, on my older machine it seems...
  7. Standby Memory

Standby Memory: Hello community! I've had a recurring issue exactly like the one stated in this article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-and-staterepository-state-repository/a2fc48f9-bdb1-4f33-9692-3750dc7d79f5?page=1. While trying to find information about the...
  8. Standby Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Standby Memory: Hello community! I've had a recurring issue exactly like the one stated in this article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-and-staterepository-state-repository/a2fc48f9-bdb1-4f33-9692-3750dc7d79f5?page=1. While trying to find information about the...
  9. Standby Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. windows 10 standby list large memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 standby list large memory usage: The standby list grows from about 1Gb at system boot until after about an hour no more memory is available and the system crashes It has 8GB of RAM, the pagefile has minimum size of 4Gb, max 12Gb. The problem has existed for aout 5 weeks WIndows 10 Pro 1909 is installed,...