Windows 10: Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App

Discus and support Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all,I have leftovers of the app; YouTube still in the all apps part of my start menu. It must have been an extension app, I added with the Opera GX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChrisMk43, Apr 13, 2022.

1. ChrisMk43 Win User

Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App

Hi all,I have leftovers of the app; YouTube still in the all apps part of my start menu. It must have been an extension app, I added with the Opera GX browser, however it did not uninstall when I removed that app.I have tried right clicking, to uninstall it from the start menu, running as administrator, pinning it to the start. This leads me to apps where it isn't listed and/or nothing happens. I have also looked at the start menu apps folder but YouTube is not listed there. Any suggestions?

:)

ChrisMk43, Apr 13, 2022

2. How to remove a ghost app stuck in Start Menu

Hi

I have tried all your steps but unfortunately, none of them solved my problem. I created a new user and signed in. That ghost app did not appear in Start Menu.

johnwzr0113, Apr 13, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Apr 13, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Apr 13, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App

1. Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App - Similar Threads - Start Menu Apps

2. Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App: Hi all,I have leftovers of the app; YouTube still in the all apps part of my start menu. It must have been an extension app, I added with the Opera GX browser, however it did not uninstall when I removed that app.I have tried right clicking, to uninstall it from the start...
  3. Windows 11 start: all apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 start: all apps: All my apps went away in the all apps menu except the system stuff Click Start button then click on All Apps twice to see apps list. All I see is A through Z but M and W are populated. How do I restore everything? Apps were randomly disappearing but this was the big...
  4. How to quickly locate Apps from All apps in Start Menu of Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to quickly locate Apps from All apps in Start Menu of Windows 11: [ATTACH]The Windows 11 Start Menu is significantly different from that of Windows 10. For some, this could be an advantage, while others might find the transition a little difficult. Thus, we are here to help you with tips about the Start menu. Quickly locate Apps from All...
  5. How to remove a ghost app stuck in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove a ghost app stuck in Start Menu: Hi all I have recently noticed a ghost app stuck in Start Menu with the name 'ms-resource:AppName\Text'. I want to remove it. [ATTACH] I right-clicked on the app to bring up the app setting page which looks like this: [ATTACH] I tried repairing and uninstalling the...
  6. Start Menu not displaying All apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu not displaying All apps: Performed an upgrade from Windows 8.1. When I select "All apps" from the Start Menu, I notice that not all the apps are displayed. May have found a bug in Windows 10 release. Anyone else having this issue? 10241
  7. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  8. All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps in Start Menu: Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me is that when I launch the Start Menu, the "All Apps" menu is expanded instead of the one I had (see the picture below). I...
  9. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...
  10. Start Menu All Apps Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu All Apps Screen: This menu got screwed up... any ideas how to fix? [img] 50390