Windows 10: Windows 11 start menu and search not working

Discus and support Windows 11 start menu and search not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 've installed windows 11 3 times over now using the Update Assistant and ever time I install the start menu and search options don't respond and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Restandsleep, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Windows 11 start menu and search not working

've installed windows 11 3 times over now using the Update Assistant and ever time I install the start menu and search options don't respond and the taskbar settings to change taskbar alignment and all of em are not even available . My laptop is compatible , I have a i7- 10th gen cpu with 2070 graphics , 1 TB of SSA of which 300gigs were free and 16gigs of ram . Can someone please help . [Actually the taskbar remains pretty much the same like windows 10 for some reason even the logo ]And also my snip and sketch shortcuts are also not working

:)

Restandsleep, Oct 11, 2021

2. Start Menu Search not working

Hi Dev,

I followed the above step, did not work for me. Searching in start menu is very slow. Please suggest appropriate solution.

Regards,

Bhavesh

BhaveshKirange, Oct 11, 2021
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 11, 2021
  4. Windows 11 start menu and search not working

Start Menu Search not working

When I start my computer, my Start Menu Search sometimes gets stuck in a start up or searching loop.
    The start menu itself works if I am just using my mouse to click icons. The issue is hitting the Windows button on my keyboard and typing.

What is strange is that when this happens, if I log out then log in again, it starts up fine. While this is a workaround, I would like to solve the problem that is causing the problem.

I've tried re-indexing my entire computer based on a similar post I found here, but that did not work. Also - searching in a general Explorer window works fine showing the Windows Indexing does not appear to be the problem.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Windows 11 start menu and search not working [​IMG]

generic andy, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 start menu and search not working

1. Windows 11 start menu and search not working - Similar Threads - start menu search

2. Start menu search not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu search not working?: Hello! I discovered a few days ago that my start menu/task bar search menu no longer works. When I click either, I am unable to type. Additionally, I have noticed that when I open the start menu, I no longer have any 'recommended's on display:Does anyone have a guess as to...
  3. search bar in start menu not working in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar in start menu not working in windows 11: the search bar of my laptop is not working is there a similar problem with someone else as well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-in-start-menu-not-working-in-windows-11/6c13e368-1ebf-4b7e-9d97-dcb822bfee5f
  4. search bar in start menu not working in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search bar in start menu not working in windows 11: the search bar of my laptop is not working is there a similar problem with someone else as well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-in-start-menu-not-working-in-windows-11/6c13e368-1ebf-4b7e-9d97-dcb822bfee5f
  5. Windows 11 start menu and search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 start menu and search not working: 've installed windows 11 3 times over now using the Update Assistant and ever time I install the start menu and search options don't respond and the taskbar settings to change taskbar alignment and all of em are not even available . My laptop is compatible , I have a i7- 10th...
  6. window 11 start menu and search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 11 start menu and search not working: after the update of windows 11 start menu and search button not working. even the keyboard keys are not responding please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-11-start-menu-and-search-not-working/ac6c995d-9ef7-48b6-9d88-6f8942a1f646
  7. window 11 start menu and search not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window 11 start menu and search not working: after the update of windows 11 start menu and search button not working. even the keyboard keys are not responding please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-11-start-menu-and-search-not-working/ac6c995d-9ef7-48b6-9d88-6f8942a1f646
  8. start menu search not working

in Cortana
    start menu search not working: Hello, The start menu search has stopped working, please help me fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-search-not-working/17d1856e-511b-4649-b2e3-d3d4c1fc1e52
  9. Start Menu Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Search Not Working: When I search for files using the regular Windows Explorer when in a folder it works fine. When I press the windows key and type something it now shoes completely empty. I have tried a lot of things within Windows to fix this such as rebuilding the index for search but that...
  10. WINDOWS START MENU SEARCH NOT WORKING

in Cortana
    WINDOWS START MENU SEARCH NOT WORKING: Hello everybody, Recently I observed that my Startmenu search for windows 10 pro was not working,I tried restarting Cortana by killing it from processes and search operations were resumed but whenever i shutdown my device and turn it back on the problem arises again and...