Windows 10: Windows 11 Start Menu app groups/folders not working

Discus and support Windows 11 Start Menu app groups/folders not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,So I am wondering if anyone has the same issue. I am trying to drag drop applications on other ones, in the pinned start menu section, to create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MitchellDay1, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Start Menu app groups/folders not working

Hi,So I am wondering if anyone has the same issue. I am trying to drag drop applications on other ones, in the pinned start menu section, to create groups/folders, but it is not working. It just moves the app to that location. I tried long holding over, short, different areas on the icon and nothing.Anyone offer a solution to this, because I relied on the windows 10 start menu folders a lot.

:)

MitchellDay1, Aug 14, 2022
  2. KenDayQE Win User

Windows 11 Start Menu grouping

Hi Greg and all Forum users. It is now March 2022, and Microsoft has not re introduced Groups (or Folders) on the Start Menu in Windows 11. This was certainly a backward step,, I mean having the ability to group apps and web pages in the Start Menu was a great function. And now it's deleted !! I have spoken to over 20 of my work friends who used the Start Menu for Groups, and now they can't. Come on Microsoft, do we have to wait until Windows 12? Take care all. Be safe ,, and God bless. Cheers ..

KenDayQE, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Windows 11 Start Menu grouping

I have found that the only workable solution is to forget using the start menu for grouping things together and build shortcuts on the desktop which can be grouped into folders as required. Perhaps a backward step toward previous windows versions but at least it works.

Tavi_Dog_Walker, Aug 14, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Start Menu app groups/folders not working

No More Groups in the Start Menu?

Hello Hop,

As a workaround, you could use an option in the tutorial below to add new folders to the All apps list in the Start menu to then be able to add shortcuts in these new folders.

This way you can group shortcuts you want in All apps in these folders, and remove anything you don't want in All apps.

Add or Remove Items in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu Tutorial

Shawn Brink, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Start Menu app groups/folders not working

1. Windows 11 Start Menu app groups/folders not working - Similar Threads - Start Menu app

2. Making App folders in Start Menu - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making App folders in Start Menu - Windows 11: I just purchased a new computer, preloaded with Win11. Now, I'm attempting to organize it. I know I should be able to make app folders in Start, just like I did in Win10.Everything I've read indicated that the version of Win11 that I have allows this option.When I try to drag...
  3. Making App folders in Start Menu - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making App folders in Start Menu - Windows 11: I just purchased a new computer, preloaded with Win11. Now, I'm attempting to organize it. I know I should be able to make app folders in Start, just like I did in Win10.Everything I've read indicated that the version of Win11 that I have allows this option.When I try to drag...
  4. group policy start menu folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    group policy start menu folders: OS: windows 10GroupPolicy: Local without domain joinPath to group policy setting: User Configuration/ Administrative Templates / Start Menu and TaskbarSetting name: Remove Documents icon from Start MenuSetting value: EnabledExpectation: In the start menu the small documents...
  5. group policy start menu folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy start menu folders: OS: windows 10GroupPolicy: Local without domain joinPath to group policy setting: User Configuration/ Administrative Templates / Start Menu and TaskbarSetting name: Remove Documents icon from Start MenuSetting value: EnabledExpectation: In the start menu the small documents...
  6. group policy start menu folders

7. Windows 11 Start Menu app groups/folders not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start Menu app groups/folders not working: Hi,So I am wondering if anyone has the same issue. I am trying to drag drop applications on other ones, in the pinned start menu section, to create groups/folders, but it is not working. It just moves the app to that location. I tried long holding over, short, different areas...
  8. Windows 11 Start Menu grouping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start Menu grouping: I may have missed something but it looks like Windows 11 has removed the groupings that we used to have on Windows 10. This was a feature that a lot of us lowly users found incredibly useful and is a real pain when trying to make the Winows 11 interface as user friendly as...
  9. Windows 11 Start Menu grouping

Windows 11 Start Menu grouping: I may have missed something but it looks like Windows 11 has removed the groupings that we used to have on Windows 10. This was a feature that a lot of us lowly users found incredibly useful and is a real pain when trying to make the Winows 11 interface as user friendly as...
  10. Start Menu Groups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Groups: I want to change the squares that are included in the groups on my start menu, but it says they are locked. How do I unlock them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-groups/43f34af2-1a68-40ea-ad4c-82f2256d3e21