Windows 10: Windows 11 START menu does not open, windows apps do not work, like calculator, give...

Discus and support Windows 11 START menu does not open, windows apps do not work, like calculator, give... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I turned on my computer this morning and the Start Menu would not open. Rt click and get a list of apps but none of the ones I tried to access open.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by omitade, Dec 6, 2021.

1. omitade Win User

Windows 11 START menu does not open, windows apps do not work, like calculator, give...

I turned on my computer this morning and the Start Menu would not open. Rt click and get a list of apps but none of the ones I tried to access open. Pushed calculator icon on task bar, calculator shape comes up and stays blank. Tried feedback hub same thing, need help button same thing.Apps will open if I open up a previous, like in WORD, then I can use word.Also error code 800800005 for cumulative update kb5007292.Honestly, if anyone can help with this I will appreciate it immensely. Once it's fixed, can anyone tell me how to get my windows 10 back?

:)

omitade, Dec 6, 2021

2. start menu is not working windows 10 Build 10240

Hi,

Kindly follow the below steps and check if the Calculator works.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows apps troubleshooter and check if you are able to fix the issue with Windows apps.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

You may try to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store. Follow the below steps to uninstall and reinstall the Calculator app.

• Open the Start menu, type
      Windows PowerShell
      in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Photos app.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCalculator* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Calculator app form the Windows store.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 6, 2021
  3. Calculator and start menu not working

My Toshiba Windows 10 is giving me the same message. I had the calculator and now it is gone? I did not upgrade, I bought this computer with Windows 10? The Start menu isn't working anymore either? Not sure why? I get the critical error that they will try
    to fix it the next time I sign in but that doesn't happen. Any suggestions?

Need new app to open- Original Title

holcomb_gone, Dec 6, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

Windows 11 START menu does not open, windows apps do not work, like calculator, give...

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

Naki, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11 START menu does not open, windows apps do not work, like calculator, give... - Similar Threads - START menu does

2. Windows 11 Start Menu does not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start Menu does not open: I have tried almost everything to fix this issue. The Windows key works, but the start menu won't open. I also tried using the CTRL + ESC shortcut.Please do not tell me to run chkdsk nor sfc, I have tried this already and numerous times. I tried updating my graphics card,...
  3. Windows 11 Start Menu does not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Start Menu does not open: I have tried almost everything to fix this issue. The Windows key works, but the start menu won't open. I also tried using the CTRL + ESC shortcut.Please do not tell me to run chkdsk nor sfc, I have tried this already and numerous times. I tried updating my graphics card,...
  4. Windows Start menu does not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Start menu does not open: When I click Windows Start, I very briefly get a busy pointer, then nothing appears to happen.Are you able to help me, please?NB, google searching for "windows start menu doesn't open" and applying all the top 10 alleged fixes did not help.Thanks....
  5. Windows 11 START menu does not open, windows apps do not work, like calculator, give...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 START menu does not open, windows apps do not work, like calculator, give...: I turned on my computer this morning and the Start Menu would not open. Rt click and get a list of apps but none of the ones I tried to access open. Pushed calculator icon on task bar, calculator shape comes up and stays blank. Tried feedback hub same thing, need help button...
  6. Can't open windows apps like calculator or settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open windows apps like calculator or settings: Hi,I've recently run into a problem with not being able to open apps from the start menu or other options.E.g. I cannot open the windows settings via the start menu, Windows key + I, cmd, etc and this happens with some other apps too, though seems to be limited to the...
  7. Calculator App Does NOT Work on Windows 10

Calculator App Does NOT Work on Windows 10: The Calculator App is not working on Windows 10. Here is the information about my PC and Windows version: 16 GB RAM 64-bit operating system Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 OS build 19043.685 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 I have worked for HOURS trying...
  8. Calculating in the start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Calculating in the start menu: I remember being able to do basic calculations directly from the windows menu, but I can't get it to work now. is it still possible? Like, i would just press the Windows key, type "2+2" and it would say "4" If the feature is removed, is there any other way to instantly do...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Apps not working says "Windows cannot open this file . . like Calculator,...

Windows 10 Pro Apps not working says "Windows cannot open this file . . like Calculator,...: PCs which contain windows 10 Pro connected with domain server 2019. Most of the windows "Apps" affected not working it says "windows can't open this file". I try the following steps it working for sometime then affected the sames apps again. 1. Disconnect the PC from domain,...
  10. Windows start menu does not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows start menu does not open: I am experiencing issue with Windows 10, that windows menu does not open on windows click nor on the Win key. Unlike of the older similar thread however, everything else works, including right-mouse button, pinned applications, etc - only start menu does not open. On first...