Windows 10: Windows 11 Start Menu grouping

Discus and support Windows 11 Start Menu grouping in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I may have missed something but it looks like Windows 11 has removed the groupings that we used to have on Windows 10. This was a feature that a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tavi_Dog_Walker, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Windows 11 Start Menu grouping

I may have missed something but it looks like Windows 11 has removed the groupings that we used to have on Windows 10. This was a feature that a lot of us lowly users found incredibly useful and is a real pain when trying to make the Winows 11 interface as user friendly as possible.Can anyone offer any suggestions if I have missed something that allows this or do I need to consider reverting to Windows 10?

:)

Tavi_Dog_Walker, Dec 17, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

Fix problems with the Start menu

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Dec 17, 2021
  4. Windows 11 Start Menu grouping

Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Dec 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 Start Menu grouping

1. Windows 11 Start Menu grouping - Similar Threads - Start Menu grouping

2. WIndows 11 Forced Upgrade - Start Menu Lost Groups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 11 Forced Upgrade - Start Menu Lost Groups: In Windows 10 I had the start menu organized by groups so I knew where to look for the apps I use most frequently. This computer randomly decided to force Windows 11 down my throat last night so now I have to deal with the "improved" start menu.Does *anyone* at Microsoft ever...
  3. Windows 11 Start Menu app groups/folders not working

Windows 11 Start Menu app groups/folders not working: Hi,So I am wondering if anyone has the same issue. I am trying to drag drop applications on other ones, in the pinned start menu section, to create groups/folders, but it is not working. It just moves the app to that location. I tried long holding over, short, different areas...
  4. Windows 11 Start Menu grouping

Windows 11 Start Menu grouping: I may have missed something but it looks like Windows 11 has removed the groupings that we used to have on Windows 10. This was a feature that a lot of us lowly users found incredibly useful and is a real pain when trying to make the Winows 11 interface as user friendly as...
  5. No More Groups in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No More Groups in the Start Menu?: Issue #2 that proved to be a deal-breaker for me, no more groups in the start menu. How is one to organize all the apps related to different genre's of application when you cannot group them?? I mean, this is the front window dressing, a display, an attractive feature as you...
  6. No More Groups in the Start Menu?

No More Groups in the Start Menu?: Issue #2 that proved to be a deal-breaker for me, no more groups in the start menu. How is one to organize all the apps related to different genre's of application when you cannot group them?? I mean, this is the front window dressing, a display, an attractive feature as you...
  7. Start Menu Groups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Groups: I want to change the squares that are included in the groups on my start menu, but it says they are locked. How do I unlock them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-groups/43f34af2-1a68-40ea-ad4c-82f2256d3e21
  8. More Groups on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    More Groups on Start Menu: I know how to add and remove things from the Start menu but is it possible to add more Groups? I can only see 4, which can be renamed, but I'd like a few more in order to organise my icons. 23789
  9. Defining groups in the Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Defining groups in the Start menu: In W8.1 it was possible to define groups of tiles with titles for each group on the start screen. Has anybody figured ot how to do that in the W10 start menu. 5276
  10. Group names on start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Group names on start menu: Is there a setting to remove "group names" and grouping on the start menu. To the right of the group name input box there is a "2 slice" hamburger that does not do anything except invite naming of the group. I would prefer to have free alignment if that is possible. 53954