Windows 10: Windows 11 Startmenu

Discus and support Windows 11 Startmenu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft what you done, another mess up again. We have been using the start menu layout on our windows 10 devices which working all fine. We have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ram Hirani, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Windows 11 Startmenu

Microsoft what you done, another mess up again. We have been using the start menu layout on our windows 10 devices which working all fine. We have deployed few windows 11 machine and now its not same.If a user pins their own apps while we have MDM policy in place to pins some apps it does not work for the user. When the user signed out or restarts their laptop, Windows reapplies the MDM policy. This action restores the specified layout and doesn't retain any user changes.

:)

Ram Hirani, Mar 28, 2023

2. Startmenu not "updating"

Hey,

I got the following problem:

• Newly installed Programs/Apps will not show up in the startmenu
    • Programs/Shortcuts I add to the Startmenu folders want show in my startmenu
    • Startmenu search won't find the new items either, even not if they are pinned to the startmenu

What I have tried to fix my problem:

• Rebuilding my search index
    • Reinstalling all windows apps, including cortana
    • Try to locate the issue with the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) ⇒ nothing found
    • Running the troubleshooter ⇒ returns "incorrect permissions on Windows Search directoriers"
      • changed the default Search folder where the index is saved
      • checked permissions for the Search folder (seems ok)

What I think initially caused the error:

• I switched from German to English on my Win10 PC
      • I then realised that a lot of my searchable windows settings still showed inGerman and not in English and were in addition not clickable anymore (nothing happended)
      • I could not fix the issue so I switched back to German
      • This made the Win10 settings searchable and clickable again, but since then my Startmenu seems to be stuck on its old index
    I am running Windows 10 Education with the Anniversary Update - which for me removed Cortana (maybe this issue is connected?)

Any help or advise?

Ciaran Baulig, Mar 28, 2023
  3. No entries in the startmenu

Hello!

After installing programs, they don't appear in the startmenu. However, they are installed and I can add them manually to the desktop.

Is there a way to re-create all startmenu entries?

I even reinstalled Windows 11, but the issue persists.

Thank you!

PatrickGöbels, Mar 28, 2023
  4. Windows 11 Startmenu

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 Startmenu

1. Windows 11 Startmenu - Similar Threads - Startmenu

2. startmenu render bug while searching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    startmenu render bug while searching: as you can see in the image, the startmenu renders squished at the top while searching https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startmenu-render-bug-while-searching/86e9abff-ea62-4dc4-a25a-723aa3904b70
  3. startmenu render bug while searching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    startmenu render bug while searching: as you can see in the image, the startmenu renders squished at the top while searching https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startmenu-render-bug-while-searching/86e9abff-ea62-4dc4-a25a-723aa3904b70
  4. startmenu render bug while searching

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to gate classic startmenu in win 11 as windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to gate classic startmenu in win 11 as windows 10?: How to gate classic startmenu in win 11 as windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-gate-classic-startmenu-in-win-11-as-windows/37c4a99e-d304-40ce-af21-f9794b1c3865
  6. How to gate classic startmenu in win 11 as windows 10?

How to gate classic startmenu in win 11 as windows 10?: How to gate classic startmenu in win 11 as windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-gate-classic-startmenu-in-win-11-as-windows/37c4a99e-d304-40ce-af21-f9794b1c3865
  7. Startmenu\Programs Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startmenu\Programs Shortcuts: Hi so i acidentaly deleted most of my shortcuts in the StartMenu\Programms folder, i dont know where they are in my trash bin. is there a way to recover the shortcuts in the Startmenu\Programms folder.Thanks-Theo Kos...
  8. Startmenu\Programs Shortcuts

Startmenu\Programs Shortcuts: Hi so i acidentaly deleted most of my shortcuts in the StartMenu\Programms folder, i dont know where they are in my trash bin. is there a way to recover the shortcuts in the Startmenu\Programms folder.Thanks-Theo Kos...
  9. startmenu/screen-network/calendar/kb-switcher/wind ows-defender not working after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    startmenu/screen-network/calendar/kb-switcher/wind ows-defender not working after...: Info on the system:Hardware: PC-PartPicker i9-13900k, Z790, 64 GB RAM DDR5 @ 4800 MHz, 2x2TB NVME SSD, 2x1TB NVME SSD, 1x 2TB SATA SSD, RTX 4090, 1000W PSUOS: Windows 11 Pro German, 2H22 on 2TB NVME SSD Corsair MP600 PRO NHIt started a few weeks ago with pretending to have to...
  10. startmenu/screen-network/calendar/kb-switcher/wind ows-defender not working after...

startmenu/screen-network/calendar/kb-switcher/wind ows-defender not working after...: Info on the system:Hardware: PC-PartPicker i9-13900k, Z790, 64 GB RAM DDR5 @ 4800 MHz, 2x2TB NVME SSD, 2x1TB NVME SSD, 1x 2TB SATA SSD, RTX 4090, 1000W PSUOS: Windows 11 Pro German, 2H22 on 2TB NVME SSD Corsair MP600 PRO NHIt started a few weeks ago with pretending to have to...