Windows 10: Windows 11 stuck in "tablet mode"

Discus and support Windows 11 stuck in "tablet mode" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I know officially Windows 11 doesn't have the tablet mode, as in Windows 10, anymore. When I use the term "tablet mode", I mean the adjustment in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Samu_242, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Samu_242 Win User

Windows 11 stuck in "tablet mode"

I know officially Windows 11 doesn't have the tablet mode, as in Windows 10, anymore. When I use the term "tablet mode", I mean the adjustment in appearance when Windows 11 detects the user to want to use touch bigger buttons, icons, etc..I have a 3 in 1 laptop which can be used as a tablet when the keyboard is flipped to the back like an HP Envy x360. Normally when I rotate my keyboard in a position to use touch, Windows automatically changes the appearance of f.e. icons and buttons such that they are more accessible using touch. Chrome does a similar thing.The problem now is that since a

:)

Samu_242, Mar 26, 2023

2. My windows 11 laptop is stuck in tablet mode.

Hi, I’m Nicole, I’ll be happy to help you out today.

Windows 11 don't have tablet mode settings and this will happen automatically if you disconnect the keyboard from the screen of the laptop.

You can try this.

Launch the Settings app by pressing Windows key + i or click the Windows logo then click settings.

Click on Display in the System tab that opens by default.

Now, scroll down and disable the toggle for Rotation lock.

If the toggle is turned off, try to turn it on and try to rotate the screen until Tablet mode could be disabled.

You can also check this link for other suggested troubleshooting methods.

https://windowsreport.com/windows-11-stuck-on-t...

Thank you.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before downloading and installing it.

Nicole Aljecera, Mar 26, 2023
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Mar 26, 2023
  4. Windows 11 stuck in "tablet mode"

After windows update desktop stuck on tablet mode.

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did the issue started after installing any Particular Windows Update? If yes, please provide the KB number of the Windows Update?
    To find the KB number of the Windows update
    please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + I key.

• From the window select Update & Security.

• Click on Windows Update.

• Click on Advanced Options.

• Click View your update history.

I would suggest you to try changing the mode and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps below to change the mode:

• On the bottom right of the task bar click on
      open Notification Center

• From the notification menu, if Tablet mode is highlighted click on the
      Tablet mode.

• This will help it to get back to Desktop mode.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Mar 26, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 stuck in "tablet mode"

1. Windows 11 stuck in "tablet mode" - Similar Threads - stuck tablet mode

2. HP Pavillion with Windows 11 stuck in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavillion with Windows 11 stuck in tablet mode: My laptop is stuck in tablet mode so the keyboard does not work at all. I have tried everything and computer a million times, nothing is working...
  3. My laptop is stuck in tablet mode in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is stuck in tablet mode in windows 11: I have tried all the methodsregedit value to 0, sfc /scannow shows no problem, and have had my pc reset multiple times and obviously changing the display orientation and stuffs like that and nothing worksI think it started after I did a clean windows install, but I have...
  4. laptop is stuck in the tablet-mode windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop is stuck in the tablet-mode windows 11: When I fold down the screen of my PC, tablet mode is automatically activated the taskbar disappears and the apps become larger.Recently, however, my this mode and is in tablet mode even during normal use. What can I do?Many thanks in advance...
  5. laptop is stuck in the tablet-mode windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop is stuck in the tablet-mode windows 11: When I fold down the screen of my PC, tablet mode is automatically activated the taskbar disappears and the apps become larger.Recently, however, my this mode and is in tablet mode even during normal use. What can I do?Many thanks in advance...
  6. Windows 11 desktop stuck in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 desktop stuck in tablet mode: I recently got a new windows 11 desktop computer and I can’t get it out of tablet mode. I have a rog ally on my windows account that uses tablet mode and the new system seems to be using that for settings even though I selected my old pc when setting up Windows It takes the...
  7. Windows 11 desktop stuck in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 desktop stuck in tablet mode: I recently got a new windows 11 desktop computer and I can’t get it out of tablet mode. I have a rog ally on my windows account that uses tablet mode and the new system seems to be using that for settings even though I selected my old pc when setting up Windows It takes the...
  8. Windows 11 stuck in "tablet mode"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck in "tablet mode": I know officially Windows 11 doesn't have the tablet mode, as in Windows 10, anymore. When I use the term "tablet mode", I mean the adjustment in appearance when Windows 11 detects the user to want to use touch bigger buttons, icons, etc..I have a 3 in 1 laptop which can be...
  9. Stuck on tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on tablet mode?: Hi. I had problems with autohiding my taskbar and found out that restarting Windows Explorer might help. That was big mistake; after doing that my desktop went full black, only taskbar showing but not working and I restarted my computer. After restarting computer,...
  10. Stuck in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in tablet mode: I have a Toshiba Click 10 lx0w-c-104 that is stuck in tablet mode,can someone please tell me how to revert to computer mode please. 33527