Windows 10: Windows 11 suddenly disconnecting USB devices and crashing file explorer

Discus and support Windows 11 suddenly disconnecting USB devices and crashing file explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey. So my issues started yesterday, while using the pc my keyboard, mouse and external drive disconnected and reconnected, after the reconnection the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Valor S, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Valor S Win User

Windows 11 suddenly disconnecting USB devices and crashing file explorer

Hey. So my issues started yesterday, while using the pc my keyboard, mouse and external drive disconnected and reconnected, after the reconnection the computer got surprisingly slow specially surprising considering this pc is only about a month old and opening the file explorer crashes itself, the taskbar, and my desktop as a whole, this happened thrice all in a 30min time window. The disconnection happened again today but it didn't get slow or crash the explorer. Before you ask, yes, I am absolutely sure there aren't any viruses or hardware issues, so I am not sure what causes this, this is

:)

Valor S, Aug 6, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Internet Explorer 11 as well as Edge in Windows 10 crashes

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is
    with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Step 2: I suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Refer the below article and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Reset Internet explorer disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Step 3: Clear caches and cookies

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 6, 2022
  3. Harvy Win User
    Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Windows 11 suddenly disconnecting USB devices and crashing file explorer

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 suddenly disconnecting USB devices and crashing file explorer

1. Windows 11 suddenly disconnecting USB devices and crashing file explorer - Similar Threads - suddenly disconnecting USB

2. All USB devices Disconnect randomly on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All USB devices Disconnect randomly on Windows 11.: All of my USB devices randomly disconnect and will sometimes reconnect on their own in 10-20 seconds. Other times when they do not reconnect I have to completely restart the PC to get devices back working. I have tried uninstalling drivers for the USB roothubs and devices...
  3. All USB devices Disconnect randomly on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB devices Disconnect randomly on Windows 11.: All of my USB devices randomly disconnect and will sometimes reconnect on their own in 10-20 seconds. Other times when they do not reconnect I have to completely restart the PC to get devices back working. I have tried uninstalling drivers for the USB roothubs and devices...
  4. Windows 11 suddenly disconnecting USB devices and crashing file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 suddenly disconnecting USB devices and crashing file explorer: Hey. So my issues started yesterday, while using the pc my keyboard, mouse and external drive disconnected and reconnected, after the reconnection the computer got surprisingly slow specially surprising considering this pc is only about a month old and opening the file...
  5. Windows 11 File Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer Crashing: Hello everyone, so basically my windows 11 explorer has been crashing whenever I open a folder, the only two things I can open is "This PC", and "Home", but like downloads, documents, desktop and more when I right click, or left click and open them, they decide to crash...
  6. Windows 11 File Explorer Crashing

Windows 11 File Explorer Crashing: Hello everyone, so basically my windows 11 explorer has been crashing whenever I open a folder, the only two things I can open is "This PC", and "Home", but like downloads, documents, desktop and more when I right click, or left click and open them, they decide to crash...
  7. Windows 11 File Explorer Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer Crash: i've opened this pc to see some file and i observed the ribbon interface from windows 10 at the top, then the windows explorer crashes and restarted it selflog: Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.22000.527, time stamp: 0x59dc9944Faulting module name:...
  8. Windows 11 File Explorer Crash

Windows 11 File Explorer Crash: i've opened this pc to see some file and i observed the ribbon interface from windows 10 at the top, then the windows explorer crashes and restarted it selflog: Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.22000.527, time stamp: 0x59dc9944Faulting module name:...
  9. USB and Bluetooth suddenly disconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB and Bluetooth suddenly disconnect: Hi there, I have had a weird thing happen to me recently where all of my USB ports and Bluetooth suddenly disconnects. The only way to get everything back going again is to restart the computer. Does anyone know why this is happening?Cheers, Arthur...
  10. USB devices disconnecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB devices disconnecting: Hi, since the last update I cannot connect more than one USB evice at the time. Mouse or keyboard or controller or printer. On top of that my computer won't stop or go into sleep mode when I click on these commands in the menu. I've tried to check for update, ask around me...