Windows 10: Windows 11 suddenly freezes when I run a game

Discus and support Windows 11 suddenly freezes when I run a game in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't know what causing it, everything was fine before. From few days my PC keep freezing whenever I launch games it freezes after playing 2-3 mins ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by iFaizan, Sep 27, 2022.

1. iFaizan Win User

Windows 11 suddenly freezes when I run a game

I don't know what causing it, everything was fine before. From few days my PC keep freezing whenever I launch games it freezes after playing 2-3 mins , after that I press restart button on my PC and on second run game runs without any freeze or crash it only happens when i shut down pc for long and open it again

:)

iFaizan, Sep 27, 2022
  2. Vineet_K Win User

GAME ACVALHALLA NOT RUNNING ON WINDOWS 11

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues in launching a game

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the make and model number of your PC?
    • How did you installed the game?
    • What happens when you try to run the game?
    • Do you use any non-Microsoft anti-virus software?
    Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if the issuer persists:

New User Account

I would also suggest you to create a new user account with administrative rights and check if the issue persists. Creating a new user account will not remove any data, app or settings from your current user account, this is just a troubleshooting step to eliminate the possibility of user profile corruption. Refer this article to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Note: This article is for Windows 10, holds good for Windows 11

We await your response.

Vineet Kumar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Vineet_K, Sep 27, 2022
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 27, 2022
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 suddenly freezes when I run a game - Similar Threads - suddenly freezes run

2. Computer freezes when playing games on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Computer freezes when playing games on Windows 11: [IMG]Windows PCs make for the perfect gaming devices when coupled with the right specs. The experience could be smoother all the time – however, sometimes, you may encounter crashes when playing games, especially on Windows 11. In this article, we will tell you how to fix...
  3. PC freezing when running games or others programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing when running games or others programs: Hello guys! I got a problem with my pc since months. When I run some games like Minecraft, The Witcher 3 or GTA V, the pc freeze, I have to restart it with the button on the pc. It happens even when I don't launch games even if this mostly happens when I run games. I updated...
  4. PC freezing when running games or others programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC freezing when running games or others programs: Hello guys! I got a problem with my pc since months. When I run some games like Minecraft, The Witcher 3 or GTA V, the pc freeze, I have to restart it with the button on the pc. It happens even when I don't launch games even if this mostly happens when I run games. I updated...
  5. PC freezing when running games or others programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 11 suddenly can't stop freezing games and flickering / black screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 suddenly can't stop freezing games and flickering / black screen.: Laptop : Asus Vivobook 16x ProWindows 11I don't make big changes to my computer that could cause bad things, it is all of sudden.Games keep freezing / black screen, all games. Shadow of the Tomb Raider, FH4, L4D2, all the games I playI don't think it is the main problem with...
  7. Windows 11 suddenly freezes when I run a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 suddenly freezes when I run a game: I don't know what causing it, everything was fine before. From few days my PC keep freezing whenever I launch games it freezes after playing 2-3 mins , after that I press restart button on my PC and on second run game runs without any freeze or crash it only happens when i...
  8. Cursor freezes only when NO GAMES are running on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor freezes only when NO GAMES are running on my laptop.: I'm currently working and gaming on an Alienware 17 r5 (i7-8750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070). For the past couple of months, I've had a really strange issue. If I'm using my PC for anything other than gaming, whether it's checking emails, browsing the web, or editing music, my...
  9. game suddenly wont run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game suddenly wont run: i installed a game and it worked just fine even thought it had some crashes, but at least it worked. suddenly the game just wont run like no thing happens literally when i try to run it. i had tried to reinstall it, but it didn't fix the problem. why is that happening and how...
  10. Game freezes when gaming on Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game freezes when gaming on Windows 10!: hello guys, when I play Dota 2 it freezes randomly and I have this problem long time ago. I think this problem wasn't present while I was using Windows 8 but now that I changed it into windows 10 it happens. Im still not 100 % sure if it happened at windows 8. The game...