Windows 10: Windows 11 suddenly opens all photos in "Paintbrush Picture" which I do not want.

Discus and support Windows 11 suddenly opens all photos in "Paintbrush Picture" which I do not want. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I attempted to change the default app for photos which was explained in earlier 1918, etc. posts. However the solution seems to be different in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TomParks1, Sep 26, 2022.

1. TomParks1 Win User

Windows 11 suddenly opens all photos in "Paintbrush Picture" which I do not want.

I attempted to change the default app for photos which was explained in earlier 1918, etc. posts. However the solution seems to be different in Windows 11. Even older photos now show in File Explorer as Paintbrush. Another note is that I use Google Photo but it has worked fine in the past. I just noted this problem within the past few weeks. Thanks for any help. Tom Parks, Sacramento, CA

:)

TomParks1, Sep 26, 2022
  2. Oto_ Win User

Unable to insert COM object as picture

In Windows 10 I am unable to insert object as picture. It shows only icon.

To reproduce the issue:

1. Open for example wordpad or any other application which supports object embedding.
    2. Choose insert object.
    3. choose insert from file
    4. Choose any jpeg picture.
    5. File is inserted but shows as icon only. This is regression from Windows 7 as previously it was possible to insert directly as picture.

Workaround is to insert Paintbrush object then open image and copy paste in paintbrush but it is very inconvienent. It seems the crappy Microsoft Photos app is interfering with this but not sure how to uninstall it.

3. Windows 10: Photos App is not working while opening pictures.

Hi Lowana,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if photo app is corrupt or there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to checked the issue by opening pictures present in the external USB drive?
    • Have you made any changes in the photo app prior to the issue?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter and also check if you are able to access photos app through search bar.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: I recommend you to check if you are able to access Photos app through search bar.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then check if you are able to open the app.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with opening pictures through photos app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Windows 11 suddenly opens all photos in "Paintbrush Picture" which I do not want.

IE 11 Suddenly won't open

IE 11 on Windows 10 suddenly stopped opening. I have tried all the suggested fixes no joy..

Chrisbratiotis, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 suddenly opens all photos in "Paintbrush Picture" which I do not want.

1. Windows 11 suddenly opens all photos in "Paintbrush Picture" which I do not want. - Similar Threads - suddenly opens photos

2. All photos do not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All photos do not open: Can't open all photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-photos-do-not-open/623f90a8-3451-4e02-bf87-25bec519efff
  3. All photos do not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All photos do not open: Can't open all photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-photos-do-not-open/623f90a8-3451-4e02-bf87-25bec519efff
  4. Why do Photos open in IMAGE SIZE in Picture Library in Windows 11

Why do Photos open in IMAGE SIZE in Picture Library in Windows 11: I have been very frustrated and highly annoyed since 3/14/2022 when I purchased a top of the line, very expensive Dell XPS 15 11th Generation, Intel Core I9 Processor with Windows 11, hoping to work with pics and videos in my retirement years. To my horror, all my pictures...
  5. Windows 11 suddenly opens all photos in "Paintbrush Picture" which I do not want.

Windows 11 suddenly opens all photos in "Paintbrush Picture" which I do not want.: I attempted to change the default app for photos which was explained in earlier 1918, etc. posts. However the solution seems to be different in Windows 11. Even older photos now show in File Explorer as Paintbrush. Another note is that I use Google Photo but it has worked...
  6. Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures: Hello,For some unknown reason the Photo App doesn't open when I try to open a picture. It doesn't matter if it's a .JPG or a.PNG or other type of picture it only opens a white screen like the picture below.I've already tried to uninstall and install it on the Microsoft Store,...
  7. Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures

Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures: Hello,For some unknown reason the Photo App doesn't open when I try to open a picture. It doesn't matter if it's a .JPG or a.PNG or other type of picture it only opens a white screen like the picture below.I've already tried to uninstall and install it on the Microsoft Store,...
  8. Suddenly I cannot open any of my pictures! It asks which app I want to use to open them!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly I cannot open any of my pictures! It asks which app I want to use to open them!: I tried to open some of my pictures in My pictures and NONE of them will open! It asks which app I should use. **** is this??!!! I don't use apps!...
  9. Suddenly I cannot open any of my pictures! It asks which app I want to use to open them!

Suddenly I cannot open any of my pictures! It asks which app I want to use to open them!: I tried to open some of my pictures in My pictures and NONE of them will open! It asks which app I should use. **** is this??!!! I don't use apps!...
  10. how do i add an app to open pictures on the Photos program. I want to add "open with"...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i add an app to open pictures on the Photos program. I want to add "open with"...: How do I add an app in Microsoft Photos program. I used to be able to right click on "open with" and get to Lightroom, now it won't and i tried adding apps like it instructed me, but it's not working. Very frustrating....