Windows 10: Windows 11 suddenly slow and laggy after applying 22H2 update and going back to 21H2

Discus and support Windows 11 suddenly slow and laggy after applying 22H2 update and going back to 21H2 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good morning!Last Wednesday or so, I got the chance to upgrade my Windows 11 to version 22H2, and so I did.At first, there seemed to be no problem of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by José Mª Poblador, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Windows 11 suddenly slow and laggy after applying 22H2 update and going back to 21H2

Good morning!Last Wednesday or so, I got the chance to upgrade my Windows 11 to version 22H2, and so I did.At first, there seemed to be no problem of any sort, until I went back to the computer yesterday. Performance was severely decreased: it now spends triple the time to boot up, and the experience is as if I had a lot of tasks in background. Everything is just painstakingly slow. Even opening the File Explorer requires about half a minute, when previously it just opened instantly. Task Manager does not show any abnormal values CPU, GPU, memory and disk usage is normal at first glance.Thin

:)

José Mª Poblador, Nov 27, 2022
  2. xxx123 Win User

Windows 11 - can i download 21H2 and install to 22H2

Hi. I had Windows 11 22H2 updated from 21H2. But i was unable to uninstall 22H2. GO BACK button in recovery was greyed. So i made full recovery and clean reinstall Windows 11. Now i have again Windows 11 22H2. And i cant uninstall 22H2 to get 21H2.

Can i somewhere download 21H2 standalone update and overwrite it to 22H2?thx

xxx123, Nov 27, 2022
  3. Getting SO annoyed of windows 11 22h2

Hey there\

Reference

21h2 = windows 11 21h2

22h2 = windows 11 22h2

Windows 11 22h2 on my surface pro 7+ is so slow and laggy. I cant even run chrome without it taking 10 seconds to load. Before in 21h2 it took almost no time (around 0.2 seconds). Not to mention boot time. 21h2 took 15 seconds without fast startup compared to 22h2's HORRIBLE boot time of 47 seconds. I regularly maintain my computers health, and I did as much as physically possible to fix the LAG. Some things I tried are:

ChkDsk

Sfc scan

restore health

clean temp

clean %temp%

disk cleanup

system restore (to just after install of 22h2)

uninstalling bloatware

turning off all startup apps

turning off background apps

Tried thisiswin11

and none worked.

For me, I cant go back to 21h2 since I deleted windows.old

is there a way?

thx

''HaloHelixx'', Nov 27, 2022
  4. Windows 11 suddenly slow and laggy after applying 22H2 update and going back to 21H2

Computer is slow after Windows 11 22H2 update

Hi~

I installed the new Windows 11 update (22H2?) this morning and suddenly my computer is running super slowly. Any browser I use is slow, and videos take very long to load. And many programs and even file explorer suddenly freeze for several moments. My wifi also randomly stopped for a few seconds.

My laptop was running just fine until today's update and now it's frustratingly slow and glitchy. Any suggestions? Or is it possible to uninstall the update?

Thanks!

- aj

murasakitsune, Nov 27, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 suddenly slow and laggy after applying 22H2 update and going back to 21H2

1. Windows 11 suddenly slow and laggy after applying 22H2 update and going back to 21H2 - Similar Threads - suddenly slow laggy

2. How to reupdate to windows 11 22H2 after going back to 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reupdate to windows 11 22H2 after going back to 21H2: HelloMy system is running windows 11 21H2. A few weeks ago, my system automatically updated to Windows 11 22H2. I had a problem, which I did not have time to carefully consider. So, I decided to go back. Now I want to update again to Windows 11 22H2. It no longer appears in...
  3. How to reupdate to windows 11 22H2 after going back to 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reupdate to windows 11 22H2 after going back to 21H2: HelloMy system is running windows 11 21H2. A few weeks ago, my system automatically updated to Windows 11 22H2. I had a problem, which I did not have time to carefully consider. So, I decided to go back. Now I want to update again to Windows 11 22H2. It no longer appears in...
  4. Windows 11 suddenly slow and laggy after applying 22H2 update and going back to 21H2

Windows 11 suddenly slow and laggy after applying 22H2 update and going back to 21H2: Good morning!Last Wednesday or so, I got the chance to upgrade my Windows 11 to version 22H2, and so I did.At first, there seemed to be no problem of any sort, until I went back to the computer yesterday. Performance was severely decreased: it now spends triple the time to...
  5. My laptop is suddenly slow after updating to Windows 11 and going back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is suddenly slow after updating to Windows 11 and going back to Windows 10: My laptop has been running really smooth when I first bought it, It ran games like Roblox, and Minecraft really smooth when I upgraded to Windows 11 the laptop was still running smooth and it handled games smoothly. I installed a game called Test Drive Unlimited 1 here are...
  6. My laptop is suddenly slow after updating to Windows 11 and going back to Windows 10

My laptop is suddenly slow after updating to Windows 11 and going back to Windows 10: My laptop has been running really smooth when I first bought it, It ran games like Roblox, and Minecraft really smooth when I upgraded to Windows 11 the laptop was still running smooth and it handled games smoothly. I installed a game called Test Drive Unlimited 1 here are...
  7. My laptop is suddenly slow after updating to Windows 11 and going back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My computer is suddenly slow after updating to windows 11 and going back to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is suddenly slow after updating to windows 11 and going back to windows 10: While it may be completely unrelated to the update, it did happen at the same time. I have tried everything I can think of or find online. I have done a factory reset, run sfc /scannow several times, updated drivers, cleaned disk, and suspended search indexing. I have...
  9. My computer is suddenly slow after updating to windows 11 and going back to windows 10

My computer is suddenly slow after updating to windows 11 and going back to windows 10: While it may be completely unrelated to the update, it did happen at the same time. I have tried everything I can think of or find online. I have done a factory reset, run sfc /scannow several times, updated drivers, cleaned disk, and suspended search indexing. I have...
  10. My computer is suddenly slow after updating to windows 11 and going back to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging