Windows 10: Windows 11 Task Bar Setting To Open App via Task Bar and Open App on Screen that I clicked...

Discus and support Windows 11 Task Bar Setting To Open App via Task Bar and Open App on Screen that I clicked... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have three monitors and have set the task bar to appear on all three monitors. I want to set the task bar up so that if I click on a shortcut saved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rich Van Orden, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Task Bar Setting To Open App via Task Bar and Open App on Screen that I clicked...

I have three monitors and have set the task bar to appear on all three monitors. I want to set the task bar up so that if I click on a shortcut saved in the task bar on a certain monitor that the app will open on the monitor that I clicked the task bar... Not on where the app was last opened or is currently opened. Specifically I am looking for a browser to open on that screen even though it is already opened in another occurrence on another screen. This would be edge, firefox and chrome.

:)

Rich Van Orden, Aug 8, 2022

2. Drag file to app in Task Bar (to open that file with that app)

Sorry for the thread title in case it's not clear.
    I came from a Mac so dragging a file to, let's say, the Mail app in the dock would open a new outgoing message in Mail and attach the dragged file. In Windows, I just discovered that depressing the Shift key while dragging a file to the Thunderbird icon in the Task bar would do exactly the same thing (Yeah!).

I know that dragging the file to, let's say, Thunderbird, without depressing the Shift key would "pin" that file to the app (in the Task Bar).

Is there a way to reverse this behavior so I wouldn't need to use the shift key for the first example? Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

rumplestiltskin, Aug 8, 2022
  3. Settings app opens on task bar but doesn't open full screen

As of today (16th August 2016) I can not open the settings app. Whichever way I try it only opens on the task bar but doesn't launch.

I have windows 10 and the updates are automatic. It worked this morning.

annewiltshire, Aug 8, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 11 Task Bar Setting To Open App via Task Bar and Open App on Screen that I clicked...

Drag file to app in Task Bar (to open that file with that app)

Hi, please try setting the bottom option using this free tweak tool.

Windows 11 Task Bar Setting To Open App via Task Bar and Open App on Screen that I clicked... [​IMG]

Dragging 'n dropping e.g. a jpg file to an Edge icon on the taskbar then offers 'Open with Edge' rather than 'Pin..'

dalchina, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Task Bar Setting To Open App via Task Bar and Open App on Screen that I clicked...

1. Windows 11 Task Bar Setting To Open App via Task Bar and Open App on Screen that I clicked... - Similar Threads - Task Bar Setting

2. Unable to open task bar or settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open task bar or settings.: When I press on the taskbar or the Windows key nothing happens. When I press the windows key and i, nothing happens. Pressing most of the icons on the taskbar does nothing, this includes the Films and TV app, the Microsoft Store app, and the wifi and volume. My internet...
  3. Unable to open task bar or settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open task bar or settings.: When I press on the taskbar or the Windows key nothing happens. When I press the windows key and i, nothing happens. Pressing most of the icons on the taskbar does nothing, this includes the Films and TV app, the Microsoft Store app, and the wifi and volume. My internet...
  4. Unable to open task bar or settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. App Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Task Bar: At work, I am able to shrink multi-open apps from the top to bottom taskbar and then grab them as I need. I can't figure out how to do this on my laptop or if it's even an option. I hope that makes sense. I'm only a middle-of-the-road user and some of these settings and how...
  6. Windows 11 Task Bar Setting To Open App via Task Bar and Open App on Screen that I clicked...

Windows 11 Task Bar Setting To Open App via Task Bar and Open App on Screen that I clicked...: I have three monitors and have set the task bar to appear on all three monitors. I want to set the task bar up so that if I click on a shortcut saved in the task bar on a certain monitor that the app will open on the monitor that I clicked the task bar... Not on where the app...
  7. Blank task bar, unable to open apps in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank task bar, unable to open apps in Windows: Last week I was on my laptop and it was working fine, there was an update that it wanted to do but I ignored it. A few days ago I opened my laptop to find the background was the default windows background not mine and a spinning dial that said "preparing windows." I unlocked...
  8. Blank task bar, unable to open apps in Windows

Blank task bar, unable to open apps in Windows: Last week I was on my laptop and it was working fine, there was an update that it wanted to do but I ignored it. A few days ago I opened my laptop to find the background was the default windows background not mine and a spinning dial that said "preparing windows." I unlocked...
  9. Task Bar Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Apps: In Windows 11 environment the apps Start and search do not function well. Clicking the start search window will open and flicker like anything.Any Help in this regard ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-apps/bfa9f6eb-54cd-4d97-99fd-0a57288cb9f1
  10. open windows to task bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    open windows to task bar: something happened when they repaired my phone, now i can't transfer my open window to my task bar for easy return when working with other files. CAN ANYONE HELP ME...