Windows 10: Windows 11 taskbar "Combine when taskbar is full"

Discus and support Windows 11 taskbar "Combine when taskbar is full" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have accidently upgraded my working windows 10 PC to Windows 11. My workflow has been frustratingly impeded by this new minimalistic aesthetic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ArioWilson, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Windows 11 taskbar "Combine when taskbar is full"

Hi,I have accidently upgraded my working windows 10 PC to Windows 11. My workflow has been frustratingly impeded by this new minimalistic aesthetic plaguing the Windows 11 taskbar. I prefer to set my taskbar to "Combine when taskbar is full" as it is better for large projects such as research. With the taskbar icons in a stack I have to guess which word document/pdf/chrome window I would like to be in focus... this is a frustrating time suck.Where has the "Combine when taskbar is full" option been hidden? I am getting the impression Window's 11 was never designed for desktops.

:)

ArioWilson, Dec 4, 2021
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Dec 4, 2021
  3. Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Thanks for answering.

What you suggested is not the problem I asked for a solution.

For more understandable I've attached a figures below.

I'd like to have it in the right figure(showing the window of program not just a title)

Im sorry for my bad English, thanks in advance Windows 11 taskbar "Combine when taskbar is full" :) Windows 11 taskbar "Combine when taskbar is full" :)

Windows 11 taskbar "Combine when taskbar is full" 85c775b5-dc76-4dce-bb54-4b49ef906a51.png

Dark Illusionist, Dec 4, 2021
  4. par_0511 Win User

Windows 11 taskbar "Combine when taskbar is full"

How Not To 'Combine' Open Windows On The Taskbar?

Good day Kev! I am Independent Advisor Paul R. and also a Microsoft/Windows user like you and I am glad to be able to provide assistance to you today. I understand that you are looking into having taskbar buttons to not combine on your PC.

Kindly check and try the steps below and see how it goes.

- Right click on the taskbar

- Click on the Taskbar settings

- Look for the option Combine taskbar buttons and click on the drop down arrow and select Never

- Try to open multiple window in Firefox and see if it is not combined anymore

You can also refer to the link below with regards to the Taskbar:

https://support.microsoft.com/xx-xx/help/29280/...

Regards,

Paul R.

par_0511, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 taskbar "Combine when taskbar is full"

1. Windows 11 taskbar "Combine when taskbar is full" - Similar Threads - taskbar Combine taskbar

2. windows 11 - Combine Taskbar Buttons => never combine mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 - Combine Taskbar Buttons => never combine mode: Hello,I have version :Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎6/‎12/‎2023 OS build 22621.1848 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22642.1000.0 Please let me know on which version is the "never combine mode" available?I just changed my PC and windows...
  3. windows 11 - Combine Taskbar Buttons => never combine mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 - Combine Taskbar Buttons => never combine mode: Hello,I have version :Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎6/‎12/‎2023 OS build 22621.1848 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22642.1000.0 Please let me know on which version is the "never combine mode" available?I just changed my PC and windows...
  4. Windows 11 - Never combine tasks in taskbar?

Windows 11 - Never combine tasks in taskbar?: Hi all,I upgraded to Windows 11 yesterday.Is there any way to NOT combine tasks in the taskbar? It's driving me nuts. This single thing could make me reinstall Windows 10 again..Thanks!Anton, Sweden...
  5. Windows 11 taskbar "Combine when taskbar is full"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar "Combine when taskbar is full": I have read that this will be fixed. When? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-taskbar-combine-when-taskbar-is-full/956f596e-2b61-496f-b07f-baab9c5dff6c
  6. Windows 11 taskbar "Combine when taskbar is full"

Windows 11 taskbar "Combine when taskbar is full": I have read that this will be fixed. When? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-taskbar-combine-when-taskbar-is-full/956f596e-2b61-496f-b07f-baab9c5dff6c
  7. Combine Taskbar Buttons Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combine Taskbar Buttons Win 11: Numerous postings reporting the ability to Combine Taskbar Buttons in Win 11 has been removed either intentionally or by oversight.Many responses stating that MS is aware and developers are working on a fix to restore this small but for many critical capability.Months have...
  8. Combine Taskbar Buttons Win 11

Combine Taskbar Buttons Win 11: Numerous postings reporting the ability to Combine Taskbar Buttons in Win 11 has been removed either intentionally or by oversight.Many responses stating that MS is aware and developers are working on a fix to restore this small but for many critical capability.Months have...
  9. Windows 11 taskbar "Combine when taskbar is full"

Windows 11 taskbar "Combine when taskbar is full": Hi,I have accidently upgraded my working windows 10 PC to Windows 11. My workflow has been frustratingly impeded by this new minimalistic aesthetic plaguing the Windows 11 taskbar. I prefer to set my taskbar to "Combine when taskbar is full" as it is better for large projects...
  10. Taskbar buttons combining

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar buttons combining: Win 10 Pro, v1903. Related issues have been discussed before but I didn't find a solution to my specific issue: Combine taskbar buttons is set to never on the Personalization screen. Each time I open a new app, a new button appears on the taskbar - Fine! Each time I...