Windows 10: Windows 11 Taskbar constantly not expanding when inside of web browser and unable to adjust...

Discus and support Windows 11 Taskbar constantly not expanding when inside of web browser and unable to adjust... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So one day randomly my taskbar extended vertically and there is no way to fix it, I have even edited the registry to attempt to increase / decrease... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by J TQ, Aug 9, 2022.

1. J TQ Win User

Windows 11 Taskbar constantly not expanding when inside of web browser and unable to adjust...

So one day randomly my taskbar extended vertically and there is no way to fix it, I have even edited the registry to attempt to increase / decrease it's size. I don't understand why in Windows 10 I could simply drag it down but in Windows 11 it is somehow now impossible. Another big issue is the constant resetting of the Auto-Hide feature when in browser, because sometimes the taskbar will just get stuck otherwise, and stay hidden even when I mouse over it. I use 2 monitors, one at 3840x2160, and one at 2560x1440. What can I do to solve these problems. Or is this just another bad feature taken

:)

J TQ, Aug 9, 2022

2. UNABLE TO SET GOOGLE CHROME AS DEFAULT WEB BROWSER

I am unable to set google chrome as default web browser. Though I tried various steps but I'm unable to please help.

Moved from: Windows Insider Program / Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer on Insider Preview / Microsoft Edge / PC

jainimathur, Aug 9, 2022
  3. laptop won't sleep can't adjust brightness

Hi,

As you are unable to get the option for sleep in the Start menu, I suggest you to follow the steps provided by
    John T in the link provided below and check:

Redirecting

Also, follow the steps provided below and check if you are able to adjust the brightness.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Taskbar constantly not expanding when inside of web browser and unable to adjust...

Browsers covering up the taskbar?

I'm not sure if this is a known issue, but just recently it seems everytime I open a web browser (windows 11) the bottom part extends over the taskbar and I am unable to use it (the window is not in fullscreen mode). It only seems to happen with web browsers (tried edge, google chrome and firefox). If I for instance maximize the mail app it's completely fine.

I don't have the option to automatically hide the taskbar enabled

HamzaHussain23, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Taskbar constantly not expanding when inside of web browser and unable to adjust...

1. Windows 11 Taskbar constantly not expanding when inside of web browser and unable to adjust... - Similar Threads - Taskbar constantly expanding

2. Unable to open web browser in WSL2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open web browser in WSL2: Failed to execute default web browser in WSL2.kindly help me to fix the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-web-browser-in-wsl2/5808d1ff-57e9-4fc7-b0c3-111d40c86ef5
  3. Unable to open web browser in WSL2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open web browser in WSL2: Failed to execute default web browser in WSL2.kindly help me to fix the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-web-browser-in-wsl2/5808d1ff-57e9-4fc7-b0c3-111d40c86ef5
  4. web browser

web browser: Hi Why am i receiving a notice from AMAZON a generic web browser is trying to log in always use the same browser cant login? Thank you TIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browser/bc06573a-e360-4e58-b3b0-4ca569db7c04
  5. Windows 11 Taskbar constantly not expanding when inside of web browser and unable to adjust...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar constantly not expanding when inside of web browser and unable to adjust...: So one day randomly my taskbar extended vertically and there is no way to fix it, I have even edited the registry to attempt to increase / decrease it's size. I don't understand why in Windows 10 I could simply drag it down but in Windows 11 it is somehow now impossible....
  6. XPS 15 Running Windows 11 with Insider Preview Builds is unable to adjust brightness

XPS 15 Running Windows 11 with Insider Preview Builds is unable to adjust brightness: Recently, I've had an issue with my XPS 15 9510. I'm unable to adjust my brightness settings, and some similar settings related to screen display, such as turning on night mode. When I press the brightness up or down buttons, nothing changes. The pop up UI that shows the...
  7. XPS 15 Running Windows 11 with Insider Preview Builds is unable to adjust brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XPS 15 Running Windows 11 with Insider Preview Builds is unable to adjust brightness: Recently, I've had an issue with my XPS 15 9510. I'm unable to adjust my brightness settings, and some similar settings related to screen display, such as turning on night mode. When I press the brightness up or down buttons, nothing changes. The pop up UI that shows the...
  8. Web browsers very slow in Windows 11

Web browsers very slow in Windows 11: Hello. I downloaded and installed Windows 11 this week, and the everything in the browsers is very slow. I mean EVERYTHING: Page download and display, typing within a site or even in the address bar, scrolling, menus, and accessing settings. This is true for both Edge and...
  9. Web browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browser: When I open Chrome which is my default web browser I am getting a different browser layered on top of it called New Radio Cast. I don't know what I did to add it, I am guessing that it is an add on extension, I don't want it and I can't figure out how to delete it. It...
  10. Web browser.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browser.: So on 4/6/20 I was downloading something online and it downloaded a web browser that i could not get rid of. So I uninstalled the app and problem solved, Then I ran a full virus scan and it came beck good. But then today I notice the app is back so i imedantly run a virus...