Windows 10: Windows 11 taskbar drag&drop not working if UAC disabled

Discus and support Windows 11 taskbar drag&drop not working if UAC disabled in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft,I notice if UAC get disabled either from GUIControl Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accountsor from CMDreg add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dav3208, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Dav3208 Win User

Windows 11 taskbar drag&drop not working if UAC disabled

Hello Microsoft,I notice if UAC get disabled either from GUIControl Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accountsor from CMDreg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /fwill cause the taskbar drag&drop funtion disabled together.Is there a solution to get both working together as I need UAC disabled and drag&drop funtion.Below screenshot of winver output.RegardsDav

:)

Dav3208, Jun 3, 2023
  2. EmilyS726 Win User

Drag&Drop on TaskBar not working (Windows 11 22H2 22621.1105)

Hello there, this is Emily.

Unfortunately this is by design for Windows 11. You can drag from File explorer into the taskbar.

The only drag and drop that works in the latest Windows 11 version is if you right click an app from the All Apps list, and drag it and drop it on desktop or taskbar. That's for apps only, and only when you find the app via Start > All apps list.

Sorry. You can always use the Feedback hub (Windows + F) to request this as a feature.

EmilyS726, Jun 3, 2023
  3. Drag and drop in Windows 11

Drag and Drop is now available in Windows 11 Beta Channel.

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22581 | Windows Insider Blog

Changes and Improvements

[Taskbar]

• Drag and drop is now supported on the Windows 11 taskbar. Quickly drag and drop files between app windows, by hovering over apps in the taskbar to bring their windows to the foreground. Try attaching a file to an Outlook e-mail by dragging it and hovering over the Outlook icon in the taskbar to bring the window to the foreground. Once in the foreground, drop your file into the e-mail to attach it. You can also customize your taskbar with your favorite apps from Start’s All apps list by dragging and dropping over the taskbar to pin them. You can also drag and drop to the desktop via “Show desktop” at the very right corner of the taskbar.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Jun 3, 2023
  4. gatahwa Win User

Drag and drop in Windows 11

Windows 11 taskbar drag&drop not working if UAC disabled 6eaaeddb-ce73-45b8-9ed7-bbcb96a3909c?upload=true.png

Hello,

It is May and I still have "Build 22000", how do I update to "Build 22581"?

Regards,

gatahwa, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 11 taskbar drag&drop not working if UAC disabled - Similar Threads - taskbar drag&drop working

2. Disable Drag & Drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Drag & Drop: Hi,I want to disable the Drag 'n' Drop feature in Windows Server 2019, which seems the option in gpedit.msc is not available for Win Server 2019Also, I tried the registry option I found on the Internet but not working either, please advise...
  3. Disable Drag & Drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Drag & Drop: Hi,I want to disable the Drag 'n' Drop feature in Windows Server 2019, which seems the option in gpedit.msc is not available for Win Server 2019Also, I tried the registry option I found on the Internet but not working either, please advise...
  4. Windows 11 taskbar drag&drop not working if UAC disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar drag&drop not working if UAC disabled: Hello Microsoft,I notice if UAC get disabled either from GUIControl Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accountsor from CMDreg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /fwill cause the taskbar drag&drop funtion...
  5. Drag&Drop on TaskBar not working Windows 11 22H2 22621.1105

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag&Drop on TaskBar not working Windows 11 22H2 22621.1105: Why Drag&Drop on TaskBar not working?System Information: on screen #2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dragdrop-on-taskbar-not-working-windows-11-22h2/c27d5802-21c3-4281-9135-2ebabcd3c132
  6. Drag&Drop on TaskBar not working Windows 11 22H2 22621.1105

Drag&Drop on TaskBar not working Windows 11 22H2 22621.1105: Why Drag&Drop on TaskBar not working?System Information: on screen #2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dragdrop-on-taskbar-not-working-windows-11-22h2/c27d5802-21c3-4281-9135-2ebabcd3c132
  7. Drag and Drop Feature on Taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and Drop Feature on Taskbar Windows 11: All previous Windows versions had drag and drop feature on taskbar. But on Windows 11, it doesn't work. How can I enable this commodious feature?I saw there are some apps to enable this, but you have to enable it every time you start Windows. I don't want that.Thanks....
  8. Drag and Drop Feature on Taskbar Windows 11

Drag and Drop Feature on Taskbar Windows 11: All previous Windows versions had drag and drop feature on taskbar. But on Windows 11, it doesn't work. How can I enable this commodious feature?I saw there are some apps to enable this, but you have to enable it every time you start Windows. I don't want that.Thanks....
  9. windows 11 drag and drop not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 drag and drop not working: windows 11 drag and drop not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-drag-and-drop-not-working/d3fc1d2b-552c-43bb-9db4-bb2c32930f9e
  10. windows 11 drag and drop not working

windows 11 drag and drop not working: windows 11 drag and drop not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-drag-and-drop-not-working/d3fc1d2b-552c-43bb-9db4-bb2c32930f9e