Windows 10: Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10

Discus and support Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10Just updated from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11. The taskbar icons are TWICE the size... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sharonVJ, Jun 7, 2023.

1. sharonVJ Win User

Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10

Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10Just updated from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11. The taskbar icons are TWICE the size of the taskbar icons in Windows 10Nothing in settings to reduce the size.Googled and apparently I'm not the only one not happy that the small taskbar icons in Windows 10 have been removed in Windows 11Is Microsoft going to reinstate the small taskbar icons?If the small taskbar icons, as in Windows 10, aren't going to be reinstated - Can I roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10 Pro note Windows 10 PRO?Thank you.

:)

sharonVJ, Jun 7, 2023
  2. jacsdad Win User

Taskbar icon size

When I first upgraded to Windows 11, the one problem I had was the size of the icons in the Taskbar. Being visually changed, they were just too small.

After some digging, I found a YouTube video by Kevin Stratvert ( ), that, in five steps, resolved the issue. This made the icons about the same size as small desktop icons (Ctrl+Shift+4). This was perfect and I have been quited satisfied with Windows 11 ever since.

Resize icons on taskbar:

1. Location in registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
    2. Click New and then DWORD (32-bit) Value
    3. Set the name of the DWORD Value as “TaskbarSi” and hit the Enter key to save changes.
    4. Large taskbar – TaskbarSi value 2
    5. Restart Windows Explorer

Since applying 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022913), the icons have reverted tom the original small size, so again, they are difficult to interpret quickly. I have removed the TaskbarSI from the registry and restarted Windows Explorer, the went through the steps above (adding TaskbarSi back), to no avail.

Has anyone else encountered this and are there any known tweaks that will restore the icons to their larger size.

jacsdad, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Windows 10 taskbar icon changes size randomly

Thanks Greg. My bad, I should've stated initially that I'd enabled a quicklaunch tool bar on my taskbar. The icons in the quicklaunch are causing the problem. I've checked the graphics driver and it seems to be updated.

• I'm not using any tweaking software to customize windows. I'd reduced the size of caption buttons in windowsmetrics
    • Scaling is set to 100%, unfortunately I cannot reduce below 100% (this is my need)
    • Taskbar icons set to small size
    Please advise..

Thanks in advance

Prasanth

PRASANTH NARAYANA IYER, Jun 7, 2023
  4. Manotee Win User

What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?

I am old and my vision is not as sharp as it used to be. In Windows 10 I could right click at the top of the taskbar and raise or lower it to change the size of the taskbar. I could also select the icon size. All this seems to have disappeared with KB5022913. I can no longer increase the size of the taskbar, and the icons are small and the search area and system icon tray are cut off at the bottom so the date is partially obscured.

I don't understand why this was changed. Could some explain to me why this was done and why it is so much better than the way things worked in Windows 10?

I have looked at various options for changing the taskbar size (Regedit and TaskbarSi DWORD) but changing the value didn't change the size of the taskbar, just made most of what should be in it disappear.

Unless there is some easy way to make the taskbar work as it did in Windows 10, there will be no way for me to express my option about this change as the expletives I would use will have me banned from the forum forever.

Bring back simple taskbar sizing and icon sizing options. Changing the screen resolution, DPI, or using Regedit are not solutions.

Windows 11 developers, admit your mistake and put out an update to fix the taskbar.

Manotee, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Taskbar icons reduce

2. Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10: Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10Just updated from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11. The taskbar icons are TWICE the size of the taskbar icons in Windows 10Nothing in settings to reduce the size.Googled and apparently I'm not the only one not...
  3. What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?: I am old and my vision is not as sharp as it used to be. In Windows 10 I could right click at the top of the taskbar and raise or lower it to change the size of the taskbar. I could also select the icon size. All this seems to have disappeared with KB5022913. I can no longer...
  4. What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?

What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?: I am old and my vision is not as sharp as it used to be. In Windows 10 I could right click at the top of the taskbar and raise or lower it to change the size of the taskbar. I could also select the icon size. All this seems to have disappeared with KB5022913. I can no longer...
  5. how to reduce MFT allocation size in windows 11

how to reduce MFT allocation size in windows 11: My windows 11 harddisk size is 471gb hard disk of which 91gb is being used by $MFTIs it possible to reduce $MFT allocation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-mft-allocation-size-in-windows-11/d7551597-585d-4d7b-a56b-f112ec129133
  6. How to reduce the size of window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reduce the size of window?: How to reduce or increase the size of a window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-the-size-of-window/10a2b5df-c51c-478a-99a5-6bd6dd27bf61
  7. How to reduce the size of window?

How to reduce the size of window?: How to reduce or increase the size of a window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-the-size-of-window/10a2b5df-c51c-478a-99a5-6bd6dd27bf61
  8. How to change the size of taskbar icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the size of taskbar icons in Windows 11: Hello,I just updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10 and noticed that the taskbar icons are larger, which I do not like. There doesn't seem to be an option to make them smaller or, at least, I can't find one. Is there a way to change their size?Thanks,Daffy D...
  9. How to change the size of taskbar icons in Windows 11

How to change the size of taskbar icons in Windows 11: Hello,I just updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10 and noticed that the taskbar icons are larger, which I do not like. There doesn't seem to be an option to make them smaller or, at least, I can't find one. Is there a way to change their size?Thanks,Daffy D...
  10. How to increase size of icons on taskbar windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to increase size of icons on taskbar windows 10?: Just switched to W10 from W7, can't seem to find a way to increase the size of the icons in my taskbar. All the solutions I've found are either 5 or more years old or make other things larger- text, desktop icons, everything. All I want to do is make the Taskbar icons...