Windows 10: Windows 11 Taskbar: lag/freeze when moving icons between them

Discus and support Windows 11 Taskbar: lag/freeze when moving icons between them in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since I installed Windows 11 I am experiencing lag when I try to switch positions between icons in the taskbar. When moving any icon to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Martin Knarrenheinz, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Taskbar: lag/freeze when moving icons between them

Ever since I installed Windows 11 I am experiencing lag when I try to switch positions between icons in the taskbar. When moving any icon to a different spot, the taskbar freezes completely for about 5 seconds. It always seems to be the same time interval. After that time, the icon is moved and the animations start playing again when hovering over them, and apps can be executed again from the taskbar itself, which is impossible during these 5 seconds.I can't find any post or anything relating to this issue. I did try to uninstall and reinstall Nvidia drivers. When I uninstalled video drivers,

:)

Martin Knarrenheinz, Mar 14, 2022
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 14, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 14, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Taskbar: lag/freeze when moving icons between them

Moving the icons

The icons on the Desktop or the Taskbar?

If it is the Taskbar (Vista/7 is the same process;

This should assist you.

The Windows Vista Taskbar - dummies

"Unlock and move the taskbar"

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

To unlock the taskbar

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar. If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked. You can unlock it by clicking
      Lock the Taskbar, which removes the check mark.

Note

• To lock the taskbar back into place, right-click an empty space on the taskbar, and then click
      Lock the Taskbar so that the check mark appears.

To move the taskbar

• Click an empty space on the taskbar, and then hold down the mouse button as you drag the taskbar to one of the four edges of the desktop. When the taskbar is where you want it, release the mouse button.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Mar 14, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Taskbar: lag/freeze when moving icons between them

1. Windows 11 Taskbar: lag/freeze when moving icons between them - Similar Threads - Taskbar lag freeze

2. Moving the start icon in the taskbar in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving the start icon in the taskbar in windows 11: the windows start icon is on the left hand side of all icons, always, but i want to center it, so there are icons to its left and right, this doesnt seem to be possible though as it isnt movable, does anyone know of a solution?...
  3. Moving the start icon in the taskbar in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving the start icon in the taskbar in windows 11: the windows start icon is on the left hand side of all icons, always, but i want to center it, so there are icons to its left and right, this doesnt seem to be possible though as it isnt movable, does anyone know of a solution?...
  4. Windows 11 Lagging in between

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lagging in between: So the only problem is whenever i use my win 11 laptop, it always lags in between. In that time period, the audio sounds corrupted and everything freezes. It comes back to normal after a few seconds but then again freezes. I am really getting frustrated by this and I want it...
  5. Windows 11 Lagging in between

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Lagging in between: So the only problem is whenever i use my win 11 laptop, it always lags in between. In that time period, the audio sounds corrupted and everything freezes. It comes back to normal after a few seconds but then again freezes. I am really getting frustrated by this and I want it...
  6. Windows 11 Taskbar: lag/freeze when moving icons between them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar: lag/freeze when moving icons between them: Ever since I installed Windows 11 I am experiencing lag when I try to switch positions between icons in the taskbar. When moving any icon to a different spot, the taskbar freezes completely for about 5 seconds. It always seems to be the same time interval. After that time,...
  7. Various Windows Lagging Temporarily When Switching Between Them or ALT+TAB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Various Windows Lagging Temporarily When Switching Between Them or ALT+TAB: So this does not happen in Windows 7. In Windows 10, if i switch tabs or maximize them, they start lagging for a few seconds. As if the entire desktop is being rendered at 10FPS or 10hz!! Imagine that. Even the mouse cursor is affected by this lag. Then after a few seconds of...
  8. Moving icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving icons on Taskbar: So, just recently I've noticed that Windows keeps moving my open taskbar icons to the right-hand end of the queue without any input from me. Foe example, if I open a video in Opera, with the icon to the left of a group of icons, go to full-screen, and then go back to...
  9. random freezing when moving mouse to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    random freezing when moving mouse to taskbar: Windows 10 will now be available to the general public beginning 5/8/2018. Early release is available on 4/30/2018. The log files indicated the computer was/is having problems with BSOD. 1) See if you can find out the drivers that were installed using Iorbit or driver...
  10. Taskbar icons rearrange when computer freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons rearrange when computer freezes: I just upgraded to Windows 10 from W7, but an issue from 7 remains. When my computer freezes, all the icons in my taskbar rearrange themselves into an unintended order--mainly within the individual programs since I pinned my main icons to the taskbar. This issue seemed to...